Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Minimum of 1800+ miles to the closest ACC school?!?!?! For all sports?
    Volleyball player: "I'm going to the university of Miami so I can be in the sun!" ...

ACC leaders: "You now have road games in Pullam Washington"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Minimum of 1800+ miles to the closest ACC school?!?!?! For all sports?
      Anything to avoid being in a conference with the likes of Boise, Wyoming, and New Mexico I suppose...

Comment

• Brian Green probably feeling even better about his opportunity to take over the Shocker baseball program.

Comment

• Remember a few weeks ago that San Diego State was possibly moving to the Pac12...bet they are glad it didn't work out.

Comment

• Comes out right as rumors are flying that Stanford turned down the B12 and that the ACC is looking into Stanford and Cal.

Might end up with Oregon State and Washington State all alone. Wonder if the AAC could grab them and like Colorado State and Boise

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Comes out right as rumors are flying that Stanford turned down the B12 and that the ACC is looking into Stanford and Cal.

Might end up with Oregon State and Washington State all alone. Wonder if the AAC could grab them and like Colorado State and Boise
              Would the AAC want WaSU or OSU?

I think if Stanford and Cal land somewhere, the most you'll see from the AAC is taking another run at Colorado State and Air Force and going to 16.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• SDSU and UNLV would be nice to take a run at./

If taking on Wazzu and OSU got the AAC Cal and Stanford as well, then they should do that deal
                The Assman

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    SDSU and UNLV would be nice to take a run at./

If taking on Wazzu and OSU got the AAC Cal and Stanford as well, then they should do that deal
                    Right, fire up a West division -- why not?

LAUNCH LAUNCH LAUNCH!!!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Gotta give the B12 credit; they have taken blows but have also come back strong:

2010 - lost Nebraska Colorado and fought off the PAC 10 to keep Texas, OU, OSU, A&M, TTU.

2012 - Finally ended up losing A&M along with Mizzou. added WVU and TCU.

2016 - Fought off the FBS requiring conferences to have 12 teams to have a championship game.

2021 - Lose UT and OU. Fight off ESPN and AAC from forming a conference with the leftovers. Add BYU and three schools from the AAC (UH, Cinci, UCF).

2023 - Raid the same PAC conference that almost raided them a decade ago by adding Zona, ASU, and Utah.

Fought off two serious threats of complete extension and now is now of the P3 (+ the ACC) conferences.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Absolutely hate you can't simply delete a post
                        Last edited by BostonWu; August 7, 2023, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Cal/Stanford being mentioned more and more today as possibly moving to the AAC. I think if the ACC passes, its realistic. Depending on what the offer from the ACC is .. might make more financial sense to go AAC anyways especially if ESPN is on board. AAC is pushing for all 4. Those 4 plus us, Tulsa, SMU, UNT, Rice and UTSA could make an entire division for olympic sports where the former Pac 4 can minimize travel all the way east.

Comment

• Everything. You. Got.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The X factor this time around is that ESPN is suddenly lacking exposure on the West Coast. Despite their financial woes, they might be willing to put up the money to make the Pac-4 consider a move to the AAC. Sounds like the Pac-4 will likely be losing their autonomy status regardless of what happens.

At the moment, I think the ACC poses a greater threat to the AAC than the Pac-4 in terms of poaching.

Comment

Working...
                              X