Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      If this does happen, how long before the other dominoes fall? I still think the XII ends up with the four corners schools to get to 16. If Colorado is ready to make that move now, it must mean the PAC TV negotiations aren't going well and you'd think Utah and the Arizona's would soon follow.

Or, does the XII only want to get back to/stay at 14? How serious was the UCon talk previously? Their football is ass, but they're in the NY area. I'm not sure where else they'd go if they're not going hard west.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

If this does happen, how long before the other dominoes fall? I still think the XII ends up with the four corners schools to get to 16. If Colorado is ready to make that move now, it must mean the PAC TV negotiations aren't going well and you'd think Utah and the Arizona's would soon follow.

Or, does the XII only want to get back to/stay at 14? How serious was the UCon talk previously? Their football is ass, but they're in the NY area. I'm not sure where else they'd go if they're not going hard west.

Sounds basically done. Probably a few more dominoes to fall soon

Comment

• If Oregon goes too gotta figure Washington isn't far behind. Then does the PAC crumble or does the MWC get raided. Could open some doors for the AAC to revisit with CSU and maybe Boise or SDSU

Comment

• I've believed for many years we would eventually end up with four 16 school conferences. Those conferences/schools would be considered D1 for football purposes only. The remainder of current D1 schools offering football would be classified into a slightly lower classification for football. Both classifications would have their own championship series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If Oregon goes too gotta figure Washington isn't far behind. Then does the PAC crumble or does the MWC get raided. Could open some doors for the AAC to revisit with CSU and maybe Boise or SDSU
              Really is a lot of moving parts to all of this.

Comment

• Looks like some folks didn’t like the way things must have gone at the PAC party last week

Comment

• PAC 12 is struggling to get a TV deal done. Disaster for them. My guess is the in demand schools get gobbled up and the crumbs join with the MWC.

Comment

• as good as done now

Comment

• Colorado pretty desperate it seems. Get out of the Pac and "easily" the 12 immediatley accepts giving 100% first year earnings from the get go. Desperate = desperate. No penalty for coming back. Lol.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I find it hard to believe that the PAC12 goes away completely. That opens the door up to SMU leaving (as we've heard rumblings in the past). Still don't think there is a natural home for Memphis, I think they're stuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                          I find it hard to believe that the PAC12 goes away completely. That opens the door up to SMU leaving (as we've heard rumblings in the past). Still don't think there is a natural home for Memphis, I think they're stuck.
                          Depends. Pac still doesn't have a media deal which is what caused Colorado to finally bounce. They have already lost USC and UCLA. If Oregon and Washington follow Colorado out or the other 4 corner schools .. you are really getting down to the bottom of the barrel when it comes providing content to media content partners that already weren't providing them a deal worth signing. The Big 12 when they had OU/Texas bounce didn't lose any additional AND they still had content in time zones that matter. West coast game content doesn't appear to be worth much to most of the TV partners. Add to that, most of the big TV partners already have a lot of content on hand from the other conferences. Will it go away completely? Probably not, but it sure feels to be in a worse position than the Big 12 was after OU/Texas.

Comment

• If the Pac-12 manages to mostly stick together beyond Colorado, USC, and UCLA (I'm doubtful) they likely add SDSU and SMU only. If the Pac-12 lose more members they'll likely be taking more schools from the MWC (think CSU, UNLV, maybe Fresno). They could also look to poach Tulane, and maybe Rice (lol), but I don't think those additions really move the needle.

Of interest to the AAC, there are certain schools in the MWC that are unlikely to be invited to the Pac-12 and now have virtually no shot at the B12 either. Schools like Boise State, Air Force (would be a big add for AAC football), Utah State, New Mexico, and Wyoming are unlikely to be invited to any power conference.

If the AAC loses SMU, they could add Boise State, AFA, and one of the other three fairly easily. They could also see if they can entice Army to join (football only) in a scenario where AFA and Navy are already here. They would need an Olympics-only partner, likely from the A-10, in such a case.

If the AAC keeps SMU, they may add Boise and AFA, or they could stand pat at 14.

Overall, the AAC might actually be in a decent position for this realignment cycle as the P5 looks to become the P4. That being said, I'll believe it when I see it. As they say, sh*t runs downhill and we are certainly not at the top.

Comment

• OK.

Colorado to the XII. Not surprised.

Oregon rumbles don't surprise me, but I think the B1G will jump in and take them along with Washington.

Arizona, ASU and Utah follow Colorado.

That leaves the PAC with Washington State, Oregon State, Stanford, and Cal.

The PAC would try to pull in SMU, but without a TV deal would they leave to go out west? I don't know.

More likely is they'd go to pull some MWC schools and lower their academic snobbery.

San Diego State would be a given. Would they go after and get Colorado State? Maybe. UNLV and Utah State might be targeted. Possibly Hawaii. Would they take in Fresno and San Jose as well?

If the western most teams are pulled into the PAC, does the AAC then go to 18 and take Wyoming, Air Force, Colorado State and New Mexico and the MWC dies?

I didn't even mention Boise or Nevada. This could be a mess. It could be fun. It will definitely keeps some speculation and drama until it sorts itself out.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Also not sure if I missed it, but just saw in an ESPN article that because the PAC TV contract ends after this coming season, that Colorado wouldn't have to pay an exit fee. That would make it even more likely that others will jump if they're given the chance. No exit fee and large TV contracts in the XII and B1G waiting for them.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X