Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    In the new AAC (if the PAC joins) I expect WSU will be in the Eastern division. Seeing as how Navy is on the East coast and would be WSU's "football team" and since football drives everything.

Divisions would look like:

EAST - Temple, ECU, FAU, Charlotte, USF. UAB, Tulane, Memphis, WSU

WEST - Rice, Tulsa, SMU, UNT, UTSA, WaSU, Stanford, UC-B, OSU

Other Option #1- If they truly went East and West for Olympic sports and keep all the TX schools together, swap Tulas and WSU.
    Other Option #2 - If Stanford and Cal have some pull and want to play in the same division as Rice and Tulane, swap Tulane and Tulsa.
    All this craziness just to trade Houston, UC, and UCF for Wazzu, Cal, OSU

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

All this craziness just to trade Houston, UC, and UCF for Wazzu, Cal, OSU
      Can't hurt our conference GPA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Can't hurt our conference GPA!
        And the wokeness meter will go up 75% as well.
        maybe the guys who don't cut it on the men's team can play for the lady shox. Wouldn't that be special?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

And the wokeness meter will go up 75% as well.
          maybe the guys who don't cut it on the men's team can play for the lady shox. Wouldn't that be special?
          I try to stay out of political discussions because unless you're in an echo chamber it never turns out well. could you please do the same?

If the Shox have a chance to play Stanford I don't care if their administration is all gay and trans people who identify by pronouns that don't match their gender identification at birth. I just care about the team they put on the floor.

Political ideologies have never won or lost a basketball game.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Anyone know if these travel restrictions are still in place for California state funded schools?

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              I believe they recently did away with it. But I also believe it was only for their non-con schedule. Had they been in a league with teams from such states there would be no restrictions over those games.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I try to stay out of political discussions because unless you're in an echo chamber it never turns out well. could you please do the same?

If the Shox have a chance to play Stanford I don't care if their administration is all gay and trans people who identify by pronouns that don't match their gender identification at birth. I just care about the team they put on the floor.

My granddaughter lost a game this past winter ................don't say never

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Anyone know if these travel restrictions are still in place for California state funded schools?
                  https://www.ucop.edu/central-travel-...%E2%80%8B.html
                  When a criminal/thief takes a trash bin on wheels that he picked up off the street, and goes into a convenience store and fills it up with cigarettes, alcohol, and other items, then walks out with it, and then comes back again that same day, and then the next day, repeating the same actions, robbing the same store again, and again (saying all the time that they can't do anything to him, and that he has a gun and will kill them), just because the state has a law that allows thievery just as long as it's below $900.00, and then the owner of the store, finally picks up a stick, and beats the thief in the legs until he received injury (but allows him to go), and then a neighboring newspaper writes an editorial that the owner went too far and needs to be prosecuted, imo, that state has idiots running their government, and other idiots who are citizens, and write for newspapers, and practically anything is possible in that state.

Alleged thief in viral 7-Eleven beatdown video stole 2 other times, workers probed for assault: cops

A suspected shoplifter beaten by two 7-Eleven clerks in a viral video allegedly stole from the same California location at least twice before the employees took him down, police said as they revealed the workers are under investigation for possible assault.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ps/ar-AA1eT6dy

And we are talking about somewhat Central California, Stockton California (population = to Topeka), where Pacific University operates, not San Francisco, Sacramento, Los Angeles, or San Diego
                  Last edited by Shockm; August 9, 2023, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• There has to be something else at play here. It's almost impossible to believe that the B1G isn't trapesing all over itself to add an academic powerhouse like Stanford, to say nothing of every other conference. Something doesn't add up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I will honor your request but you are wrong about political ideology never winning or losing a basketball game
                      A California trans nonbinary college basketball,Ph.D candidate, and activist stood up and stands out in multiple arenas

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        There has to be something else at play here. It's almost impossible to believe that the B1G isn't trapesing all over itself to add an academic powerhouse like Stanford, to say nothing of every other conference. Something doesn't add up.
                        Is it possible that the B1G has agreed to not add any more California schools? I heard that UCLA and USC were against any more west coast schools joining and since they're adding Oregon and Washington the compromise could be no more in Cali.

We'll see what the ACC does.

The SEC doesn't want to stretch that far for an island.

The XII is pretty happy with were they are and I think they're bigger than they ever really wanted to be. Too bad the PAC chaos didn't happen a year or two sooner, we'd still have Houston and Cincinnati.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Is it possible that the B1G has agreed to not add any more California schools? I heard that UCLA and USC were against any more west coast schools joining and since they're adding Oregon and Washington the compromise could be no more in Cali.

We'll see what the ACC does.

The SEC doesn't want to stretch that far for an island.

The XII is pretty happy with were they are and I think they're bigger than they ever really wanted to be. Too bad the PAC chaos didn't happen a year or two sooner, we'd still have Houston and Cincinnati.
                          Its probably as simple as while Standford is an academic powerhouse .. they don't bring as many eyeballs as some of the others. The TV networks just don't want to pay a full p5 share for them. Being paired with Cal doesn't help that case much either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Its probably as simple as while Standford is an academic powerhouse .. they don't bring as many eyeballs as some of the others. The TV networks just don't want to pay a full p5 share for them. Being paired with Cal doesn't help that case much either.
                            But the networks will pay a full p5 share for Boston College, or Iowa, or Minnesota, or Wisconsin or Rutgers? (I did not research on this but my intuition tells me that some of this doesn't match common sense) A good number of these schools have never filled up their football stadium, nor do they live and breathe football when it comes on the television.

Comment

• Berkley is no academic slouch, either. If it were dropped into the B10, it would only academically rank behind Northwestern.

But yeah. I can't believe the B12 or B10 haven't taken Stanford. Goes to show how little academics matter anymore when it comes to NCAA conferences.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

But the networks will pay a full p5 share for Boston College, or Iowa, or Minnesota, or Wisconsin or Rutgers? (I did not research on this but my intuition tells me that some of this doesn't match common sense) A good number of these schools have never filled up their football stadium, nor do they live and breathe football when it comes on the television.
                                I think a few of those they would get rid of if they could. Kicking someone out of a conference isn't easy. Those schools were in the right place at the right time before television contracts really ballooned out of control

Comment

Working...
                                X