Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how best to describe Wichita State's position in the re-alignment carousel?

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Follow the $$$$
        The Assman

Comment

• I honestly think a lot of it is geographic snobbery. The Big Ten and Big East look down on parts of the country that they feel are beneath them, such as Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia, the entire South except maybe a few big cities and trendy college towns. The Pac-12 also looked down on the same areas, which I think is one of the reasons for their demise, because they didn't expand into Texas and Oklahoma when they had the chance. The Big East also hates the Big 12 because they are competition for the title of best basketball conference. Now that the Big 12 has more AAU schools from "cool" western states, some of those attitudes might change. But I think the snobbery will still persist in some ways, definitely from the Big Ten.

Comment

• Field Yates @FieldYates

The Big 10 will soon have 18 schools. The Big 12 will soon have 16 schools. The Pac-12 will soon have 4 schools.

Comment

• PAC4 gonna grab several AAC schools this week.

Thinking 4 to get to 8 teams for 2024 and then they take 4 MWC teams in 2025 when exit fees are not 34 million.

My guess is SMU (already was on short list as backfill for PAC12), Rice, Tulane (academic), and Memphis.

Whatever happens I hope AAC only adds back enough for 12 teams not 14 and honestly would prefer an AAC of 10 teams.

Comment

• If that happens, AAC is still better than the MVC but the gap is narrowing.
                The Assman

Comment

• I have no clue what's going to happen, but thank goodness we have ADKS leading us through this uncertain time instead of fADDB.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WSU probably isn't in a great spot if the AAC gets raided unless the PAC can lure Gonzaga and wants to add a second, basketball-only school.

Comment

• Stanford and Cal voting to accept Memphis? I can see them inviting SMU, Tulane, and Rice. That doesn't do squat for their media deal and doesn't hurt the AAC that much.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Basically we went from MVC to Conf USA. No way PAC 12 can call themselves P5 with this realignment.

Comment

• Each of the Pac 4 are begging the B12 and B1G to take them right now. Offering to accept lower amounts. There might still be more defections from the Pac4

Comment

• Another potential outcome

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Each of the Pac 4 are begging the B12 and B1G to take them right now. Offering to accept lower amounts. There might still be more defections from the Pac4
                              I would think that Stanford would be an attractive add for either league.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Another potential outcome
                                Minimum of 1800+ miles to the closest ACC school?!?!?! For all sports?

Comment

Working...
                                X