Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
    Grand Canyon and Seattle moving from the WAC to the WCC
    This surprises me. Never thought the WCC would take Grand Canyon and I wonder if Seattle is a safety net should Gonzaga end up moving on.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      St Thomas?
      On a path to the Big East fer sure.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• There's NO way anyone is keeping track of the WAC the last few years. I bet the WAC commissioner needs a scorecard.

Comment

• ok random meme but this is hilarious lol

Comment

• You have to believe Memphis is going next. They have the money like SMU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              You have to believe Memphis is going next. They have the money like SMU.
              SMU also has other things that Memphis doesn't. Dallas. Good academics. I respectable reputation.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                You have to believe Memphis is going next. They have the money like SMU.
                Money can’t buy everything.

Memphis is essentially a 3rd rate JUCO college that doesn’t carry any football weight.

They are essentially DOA.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Money can’t buy everything.

Memphis is essentially a 3rd rate JUCO college that doesn’t carry any football weight.

They are essentially DOA.
                  Whoops! Thou doth flaileth too much chief!

If we had Memphis's money, recruiting, tradition, and fanbase, we'd be talking about all kinds of places we're headed for. Worst case scenario, they are light years closer to any final destination that we would seek.

We are right back to where we started when we joined the new league. Hold up! That's not correct. We are right back to Marshall's first year,... without Coach Marshall. And that includes conference affiliation. A nice little time travel screw job back to 2007.

Double-Douche really did a number on the Shocker program. Could be Wichita State Basketball's all-time villain.

He's kinda got that villain vibe... if the villain were fat and stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

SMU also has other things that Memphis doesn't. Dallas. Good academics. I respectable reputation.
                    I'll concede the first two but some of us older guys remember smu as the only program to get the Death Penalty. So they do have that going for them but the biggest thing is the billions in oil money that looks good on any membership application.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

I'll concede the first two but some of us older guys remember smu as the only program to get the Death Penalty. So they do have that going for them but the biggest thing is the billions in oil money that looks good on any membership application.
                      SMU football would be on par with Alabama. They didn’t do anything anybody else wasn’t, they just were better and didn’t pay off the right people.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Anybody visited MVCFans lately? Talk about a place that will make you feel better about the AAC.

And I said better, not good.

And to think, this all started with OU and UT leaving the B12. Any chance a couple power programs have regrets over what those two did? Pac10 would love to pull a Sarah Conner, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X