Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I could be wrong, but UCLA, and Oregon seem to be the most coveted teams left in the Pac 12. They probably want the BIG or SEC, but they may have to wait, if at all. There is no doubt who the Big Dogs are. The ACC, Big 12, and PAC 12 are not in the same class. From what I see, as much as KU wants to be, UCLA, and Oregon are the only schools/states left that can even be considered in the class to be invited to the Big Dogs club. All the other possibilities would be considered Step Children (Florida State, Clemson, Miami, KU, KSU, OSU, ISU, Washington, Arizona, etc. are all at a lower class). Football rules.
    UCLA has already accepted an invitation to the B1G, along with USC.
    Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; February 10, 2023, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

UCLA as already accepted an invitation to the B1G, along with USC.
      Good point. Only Oregon is a top candidate. Otherwise, the Big 2 are filled up. I think that the Big 12 and PAC are even. I don't see either conference being that much better if they combine their conferences. Just more teams taking a piece of the pie.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I wasn't sure what the politics of that might be. I don't think the XII would object to the Sun Devils joining
        They are a package deal.

Comment

• SDSU gives notice to leave the MWC...

No official offer has materialized yet from the PAC or big 12

Now SDSU is walking it back saying they didn't mean they were ACTUALLY going to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

SDSU gives notice to leave the MWC...

No official offer has materialized yet from the PAC or big 12

Now SDSU is walking it back saying they didn't mean they were ACTUALLY going to leave.
            The most important detail from this story is that SDSU requested an extension on the one-year exit notice period as it indicates the P12 media deal might not be in place by the end of the month. The longer the deal goes unsigned the more likely certain schools like Colorado decide to bolt for the B12.

Comment

• SDSU is like, "Let's enter the portal and see what kind of NIL we can get."
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "We would like to thank the Mountain West for all of their support over the years. We have really learned a lot and have grown and matured. We are so blessed to be able to play the sports that we love.

With that being said, we are entering our name in to the portal and plan to maintain our eligibility with the Mountain West."

Comment

• Screw logistics. Add SDSU to the AAC.

Bring in a Boise or CSU to get up to 16 schools.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Screw logistics. Add SDSU to the AAC.

Bring in a Boise or CSU to get up to 16 schools.
                    More likely scenario is MWC will be up in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      "We would like to thank the Mountain West for all of their support over the years. We have really learned a lot and have grown and matured. We are so blessed to be able to play the sports that we love.

With that being said, we are entering our name in to the portal and plan to maintain our eligibility with the Mountain West."
                      #RespectMyDecision

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        "We would like to thank the Mountain West for all of their support over the years. We have really learned a lot and have grown and matured. We are so blessed to be able to play the sports that we love.

Idgaf who don't like m decision it's mines
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Idgaf who don't like m decision it's mines
                          That could become a classic.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The Pac-12 is trying to get a media deal that surpasses the Big 12 media deal, so they can keep their schools happy and conference intact. But with the 10 members they have, there's little chance of them doing that. Any media deal will probably have to include the addition of new members. That's a tough situation because they have to negotiate a deal based on schools that aren't currently Pac-12 members. Reports say SDSU and SMU are two schools they are interested in. I just don't see the Pac-12 staying with just the 10 members they have and also getting a bigger media deal than the Big 12.

Comment

• I find it fascinating that outside of SDSU, the P12 doesn't seem interested in MWC schools. I know that some of the other valuable schools (or rather their donors) were so deeply committed to the conference that it killed the AAC's expansion westward. But there could be a real possibility that if the P12 implodes, the MWC scoops up the P12 leftovers or at the very least there would be some sort of merger.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                I find it fascinating that outside of SDSU, the P12 doesn't seem interested in MWC schools. I know that some of the other valuable schools (or rather their donors) were so deeply committed to the conference that it killed the AAC's expansion westward. But there could be a real possibility that if the P12 implodes, the MWC scoops up the P12 leftovers or at the very least there would be some sort of merger.
                                They are only interested in SDSU because of the athletic departments recent success, market size, and SoCal presence. None of the other conference schools can provide that. Also, I am not entirely convinced of the Pac 12's interest in SDSU. I think it might be more SDSU's interest in Pac 12 than the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X