Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Man - this is looking kinda bad for coach IB. 8 players wanna leave??? Obviously not a good look.

The positive fan in me says..."cool - coach is cleaning house. Snagged another good recruiter today and will go reload with UPGRADED talent. The man has a plan."

The negative fan in me says..."man - sounds like the kids leaving simply don't want to play for the man." Obviously not a good sign for the program.

So many factors at play I get it. But geez.....c'mon coach...pull this together and change the trajectory like quick!!!

Go Shocks!!!
    This coach was hired for being a players coach and his ability to keep the players we wanted returning to WSU. We prioritized program stability over everything else at the time. It appears he did a poor job on both of those tasks, and he clearly is not an X's and O's guy. So that leaves us with recruiting really. He has his work cut out for him on recruiting now. We need a mass influx of talent and need it quick. If (big if) we can get some strong commitments very soon we might be able to build momentum quickly and rebuild like Iowa State did. They went from 2 wins to 22 wins (and a Sweet 16) off almost entirely the transfer portal and a new high energy coach. We need to regain momentum though. If we are still waiting for the first commitment a month from now, we are in deep you know what.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Is Porter gone ? Was okay with MU and DD but Porter would hurt the most. Him, RC am KP and the RS's make a solid nucleus to build around. I just hope the bleeding stops NOW !
      Porter isn't gone....yet. But with Gudino leaving it makes it a little more of a nervous situation until we know for sure.

Yeah, I always felt we really needed to return Council, Porter and Pohto and then hope Ricks and Abidde can contribute. Then hope for a hit or two in the portal

If we lose Council or Porter then it becomes even more crucial that we land several immediate impact guys out of the portal (which I have no confidence of)
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• If Porter leaves, guess there's always the Michael Jordan of dwarf basketball...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Dex and Mo in the portal .. damn .. 7 Scholarships at least open ... Likely 8 out of 12 (10 that actually played)

Current Roster- Porter, Pohto, Abidde and Ricks.... maybe Council
          Those are the five I've said I'd like to see return. Hopefully they all do and we can scrape the bottom of the recruiting barrel and see if we can find anything useful.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

This recruitment class is going to decide IB's job at this point. If we win under 10 games there's no way he stays... right?
            I wouldn't assume that. The WSU AD is going to be broke out of its mind within the next year or two, and we still have Captain StepsOnHisDick at the helm.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              Man - this is looking kinda bad for coach IB. 8 players wanna leave??? Obviously not a good look.

The positive fan in me says..."cool - coach is cleaning house. Snagged another good recruiter today and will go reload with UPGRADED talent. The man has a plan."

The negative fan in me says..."man - sounds like the kids leaving simply don't want to play for the man." Obviously not a good sign for the program.

So many factors at play I get it. But geez.....c'mon coach...pull this together and change the trajectory like quick!!!

Go Shocks!!!
              The positive fan in you should take a step back as IB has stated he wouldn't feel right running players off. These transfers are all about the guys who were thrilled that he was given the HC job and then have since decided he's not worth playing for.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I believe student try-outs in the fall is the next news to break from Taylor.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The positive fan in you should take a step back as IB has stated he wouldn't feel right running players off. These transfers are all about the guys who were thrilled that he was given the HC job and then have since decided he's not worth playing for.
                  How long until the sunshine pumpers blame us "negative fans" for running the players off? Lmao
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    I believe student try-outs in the fall is the next news to break from Taylor.
                    I still have a little jukin' and jivin' left in me...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

How long until the sunshine pumpers blame us "negative fans" for running the players off? Lmao
                      Pretty sure I've already seen some of that elsewhere. It's amazing how some of them blame negative fans and don't think the losing and poor play have anything to do with it.

Personally, I don't care if the players like IB. Do they respect him as a leader? Will he put them in positions to win? Is he able to make them better?
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        I believe student try-outs in the fall is the next news to break from Taylor.
                        I just hope IB starts hitting up the local Y soon for talent or we might miss out!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Wonder how many saw Trey Wade ... who most of them played with ... playing in the Elite 8 and hitting big shots thinking "that could be me next year" .... Transfer portal is a new world.

Comment

• If I recall, a good chunk of posters here, myself included, wanted a full roster overhaul. That’s what we’re getting. We had 3 guys to retain plus Abidde and Ricks. So far, that’s playing out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder how many saw Trey Wade ... who most of them played with ... playing in the Elite 8 and hitting big shots thinking "that could be me next year" .... Transfer portal is a new world.
                              That is definitely a possibility.

Plus, most of these guys came to play for Marshall. He is gone, they had a crappy year last year by our standards and several of them are running out of eligibility. That is why I am not too surprised at this point.

Yes, they were happy when Brown was promoted, but that was also during a successful period. They don't really have any loyalty to the man.

Comment

• Pohto isn't going anywhere. Him and Abidde are very close. TBH those two leaving opens the door for TE to stay if he's not too far gone already.

Comment

Working...
                                X