Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
    I really, really like the changes so far this off-season. Would love to get RC4 back if he understands he can't play the way he has. Our team had a major discipline issue last year and played however they wanted so I'm glad that we lost a lot of guys from a culture like that. I think the transfers we brought in (for the most part) are going to be instant impact guys, I think that Butch Pierre is a helluva recruiter and brings energy and positivity we were lacking hard core. Now the last piece is a strength coach, and if the guy I hear is going to be on campus today is the hire, then holy cow we are head and shoulders in a better spot culture wise than last season. Say what we want about IB he potentially might upgrade the program from the spot it was in last year
    I'll have to see it to believe it. IB is a players coach that allows a lot of things to go unchecked.

Comment

I really, really like the changes so far this off-season. Would love to get RC4 back if he understands he can't play the way he has. Our team had a major discipline issue last year and played however they wanted so I'm glad that we lost a lot of guys from a culture like that. I think the transfers we brought in (for the most part) are going to be instant impact guys, I think that Butch Pierre is a helluva recruiter and brings energy and positivity we were lacking hard core. Now the last piece is a strength coach, and if the guy I hear is going to be on campus today is the hire, then holy cow we are head and shoulders in a better spot culture wise than last season. Say what we want about IB he potentially might upgrade the program from the spot it was in last year
      Thank you Mr. Pierre for your thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I'm guessing the lack of NIL's might be a factor. "We'd love to have you Dex, but our football team has all the NIL money."
        This entire Exodus has been a carefully executed plan where the tail appears to wag the dog. Hell, IB may even be secretly involved.. Get what you can get I always say... Dexter Dennis is no big get for anybody though, and that includes us. Great athlete. Just wish he would have turned into something more.

Comment

Say what we want about IB he potentially might upgrade the program from the spot it was in last year
          That’s a high bar that was set by him.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Most of our players that left due to NIL are gonna find that there's not a bunch of money out there flowing for guys like them. P5 schools (some of them) will throw large chunks at 5* guys. Our guys aren't that. If they are looking for bigger roles, they may have to drop down a level, which most certainly does not have the money to throw at them. I just hate that they all think they have to go out and test the market every off season. Don't come back here with your tails between your legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That’s a high bar that was set by him.
              Might change "Realist" in his name "Praying".

Comment

• I believe this Twitter post is underrated; watch the ‘gif’ until it ends… classic!
                Last edited by WstateU; April 29, 2022, 04:23 PM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  The NCAA is going to put Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on it. He will put a stop to this player movement.

Comment

• Player on the current Elite 8 team .. who just saw them sign a player for 400k a year .... it begins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Player on the current Elite 8 team .. who just saw them sign a player for 400k a year .... it begins.
                      Say goodbye to team chemistry.

Comment

• Start making the queso for his visit!!!
                        The Assman

Comment

• Well there are going to be some hard lessons about life that are going to be learned by these new employees.

Comment

• I figured it was going to take a couple years before a player ends up in court for breaking a contract ... Looks like it might happen this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              I figured it was going to take a couple years before a player ends up in court for breaking a contract ... Looks like it might happen this year!
                              I still say to go after good high school and JC players that won't have any real value above about 18k/ yr (living expenses) and maybe a car loaner, sign them to a contract where school is paid for if they stay a minimum of 3 years. You could even say if they leave after yr 1, they pay back the entire year. After year 2 they pay back 1 yr. After yr 3 no repayment.
                              This would bind players and allow a team chemistry to develop. In other words better team ball if you have a decent coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Say goodbye to team chemistry.
                                This was the first thing that came to mind when considering the obvious team chemistry problem we had. Imagine tossing $100k to TE? Stand back and watch the fireworks. This is gonna be ugly across the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X