Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    What would be Porter's incentive to stay with one year left?
    Well .... unlimited Playing time at this point ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      https://twitter.com/JustinByerly/sta...90605965352965

I'm sure Forbes could use him very well at Wake Forest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
        https://twitter.com/JustinByerly/sta...90605965352965

Might end up back with his buddy TP
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Man - this is looking kinda bad for coach IB. 8 players wanna leave??? Obviously not a good look.

The positive fan in me says..."cool - coach is cleaning house. Snagged another good recruiter today and will go reload with UPGRADED talent. The man has a plan."

The negative fan in me says..."man - sounds like the kids leaving simply don't want to play for the man." Obviously not a good sign for the program.

So many factors at play I get it. But geez.....c'mon coach...pull this together and change the trajectory like quick!!!

Go Shocks!!!

FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
            I wish Dex and Mo the absolute best, but I'm going to be a little pissed if Dex shoots 40% from deep this year and Mo decides he can now pass out of double teams. Don't get me wrong, I'll still cheer for these guys, but that scenario would sting a little.
            Completely agree. Mo is correctable for sure. Will it happen???

Comment

• As crappy as it is to have so many. Are any of the transfers really a surprise up to this point?

I am not overly shocked.

At one point I legit thought we would only be left with Ricks, Abidde and Chapman

I guess that could still happen...although it appears Pohto may be favored to stay
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Might end up back with his buddy TP
                TP, Dex and Mo were roomies. So you never know.

Comment

As crappy as it is to have so many. Are any of the transfers really a surprise up to this point?

I am not overly shocked.

At one point I legit thought we would only be left with Ricks, Abidde and Chapman

I guess that could still happen...although it appears Pohto may be favored to stay
                  True. Going into portal season I was hoping Craig, KP and Ricky came back. Everyone else I assumed was fairly likely to leave.

Comment

As crappy as it is to have so many. Are any of the transfers really a surprise up to this point?

I am not overly shocked.

At what point do the remaining guys go..."holy crap we better get off this sinking ship I don't want to be the only one left"?

Comment

• Is Porter gone ? Was okay with MU and DD but Porter would hurt the most. Him, RC am KP and the RS's make a solid nucleus to build around. I just hope the bleeding stops NOW !

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Dex and Mo posted the exact same post ... words and all for their farewell lol
                        Those posts included "...exploring all possibilities to grow my career professionally". Maybe I'm reading too much into that phrase, but it makes it sound like they feel they can get better pro contracts coming out of a different school and a different system. Maybe they realized they weren't going to get any better playing at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

One of Baylor's best players is a D2 transfer.
                          Dale Bonner was one of Baylor best players?

Grant was a D2 All-American.
                          What was he for wsu?

That all that matters. Recruiting miss (or stop gap because of a recruiting miss)

Comment

• All of this crap is starting to remind me of Jerry Seinfeld's bit about how dumb we are to cheer for professional sports teams when all the players bounce around. At the end of the day we are really just cheering for laundry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Well .... unlimited Playing time at this point ...
                              He's above that reasoning

Comment

...although it appears Pohto may be favored to stay
                                Yeah he needs one more year in the minor leagues before leveling up to legit P-5 big man coaching. Unless of course we can invest in a legit big man coach this year and have some better success.

FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X