Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish nothing but the best for Dex. He played hard here and represented WSU extremely well.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
      IB was not going to coach Dex into the NBA. Buzz might.
      I believe this to be his unspoken truth.

Comment

DD isn’t skilled enough offensively to play in the NBA. He is a good college player and will make money overseas.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

DD isn’t skilled enough offensively to play in the NBA. He is a good college player and will make money overseas.
          You may be right, but after watching TE's stock plummet under the coaching of IB, you have to admit, his odds of escalating are greater at tam.

Comment

• If Dex finds his shot at aTm, he has a shot at the NBA as a D and 3 guy.

After watching Dex struggle with any level of consistency, I'm not sure he'll find it, but that's really the only thing that holds him back from the opportunity.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              If Dex finds his shot at aTm, he has a shot at the NBA as a D and 3 guy.

After watching Dex struggle with any level of consistency, I'm not sure he'll find it, but that's really the only thing that holds him back from the opportunity.
              he also needs a dribbling left hand

Comment

• That's a damning truthful indictment on IB

Comment

I love Dexter and think he was one of the best ambassadors and representatives of WSU there has been in a long time but he did not need Coaching on the couple of skills he needs for the NBA. He has great form as a shooter. He needs a psychologist to help him wit why he goes cold every year and rims out wide open shots. For his dribbling he either needs intense practice or it just is not a talent he is ever going to possess. He is easily a pro level defender if an NBA team can put him in that roll and live with his offensive liabilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Like I said. IB was NOT improving any chances. Buzz might improve his chances. I didn’t say buzz would get him there.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

I love Dexter and think he was one of the best ambassadors and representatives of WSU there has been in a long time but he did not need Coaching on the couple of skills he needs for the NBA. He has great form as a shooter. He needs a psychologist to help him wit why he goes cold every year and rims out wide open shots. For his dribbling he either needs intense practice or it just is not a talent he is ever going to possess. He is easily a pro level defender if an NBA team can put him in that roll and live with his offensive liabilities.
                      See my response in the post above. IB is doing nothing for these kids basketball futures. He ruined Tyson’s. Buzz might be able to do something.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I think some of you are forgetting that Tyson got what he wanted his senior year. He came back from the draft evaluations and said the NBA wanted to see him in a ball dominant position, IB did exactly what the NBA wanted to see out of Tyson. I hope going forward IB coaches the team for what’s best for the team, not for one players future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          I think some of you are forgetting that Tyson got what he wanted his senior year. He came back from the draft evaluations and said the NBA wanted to see him in a ball dominant position, IB did exactly what the NBA wanted to see out of Tyson. I hope going forward IB coaches the team for what’s best for the team, not for one players future.
                          I remember quite well what both TE and IB did. That's why I would grade TE's season a C And IB's a D-.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            I think some of you are forgetting that Tyson got what he wanted his senior year. He came back from the draft evaluations and said the NBA wanted to see him in a ball dominant position, IB did exactly what the NBA wanted to see out of Tyson. I hope going forward IB coaches the team for what’s best for the team, not for one players future.
                            Didn't they want to see Tyson in more of a PG role because his size doesn't equate to a typical NBA SG? He did a poor job of running the team and was too selfish to create for others. What he did, and what IB allowed him to do, absolutely hurt/killed his stock.

You can both do what's best for the team and allow a player to try and work on and improve upon what NBA scouts say he needs to. IB just allowed TE to continually devalue himself by having zero accountability and letting him take horrible shot after horrible shot while also killing any positive momentum the team may have been able to gather if TE wasn't just doing whatever TE wanted, damn the team.

The lack of structure and discipline demoralized both the team and much of the fan base.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• My big memory was when Tyson blatantly got a backcourt violation because he didn't get the ball across halfcourt in time. No SMU pressing. He just took his sweet time and thus caused an unnecessary turnover. IB stewed but ultimately did nothing. Methinks that Volcano Gregg would have reacted a little differently.
                              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                My big memory was when Tyson blatantly got a backcourt violation because he didn't get the ball across halfcourt in time. No SMU pressing. He just took his sweet time and thus caused an unnecessary turnover. IB stewed but ultimately did nothing. Methinks that Volcano Gregg would have reacted a little differently.
                                You and I both know that never happens with Gregg. He's too engaged to NOT mf a guy getting close to the clock. And if by some chance it actually did happen....then Lord have mercy on the assistants who weren't doing their job, because a shitstorm of pain is coming down on them in front of 10K.

Comment

Working...
                                X