Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Perhaps addition by subtraction. We can get buy perfectly well with 12 players, although do we know for sure yet what Colby Rogers' eligibility status is?
    Not eligible until waiver is approved...so tbd on that

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Butch Pierre and Tyson Waterman have four months to find a stud. I wonder if there would be interest in Houston 6'10" PF/C Kiyron Powell, who just entered the transfer portal this week.
      Yea. Taylor worded his response as if they might have someone in mind...or maybe I'm reading into it too much.

Comment

• Technically, I still have 1 semester of eligibility. Be happy at 50+ to fill the scholly.​​​​​​

Comment

• Taylor responded and said he doesn't have an indication that they have someone particular in mind... Just that they may look for someone for a semester transfer

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
            In that situation I believe it would be an indicator of poor recruiting values and procedures.
            Yeah I should've read the fine print with the asterick next to it that said..."See Louisville (Pitino)".
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

No kid wants to be the 13th man on the roster anymore.
              There was never a time in history where anyone, ever, wanted to be the 13th man on a 13 man roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post

There was never a time in history where anyone, ever, wanted to be the 13th man on a 13 man roster.
                Except the #1 walk-on.

Comment

• I wish him all the best as a starter for Sam Houston State.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Lame. So the NCAA punishes a university by not allowing the university to replace a scholarship player because the player broke a rule and is released by the team??? Wth?

What would happen if 5 players had to be released for breaking a rule? How about 10 players? University wouldn't be able to field a team. So where's the motivation of a university lie? Bury the wrongdoing and look the other way to not have to release players???

They need to allow a replacement player(s) in these situations.
                    I get your argument, but there are reasons why the rule exists. Namely, to prevent a team from bringing in a player on top of another one.

I think there's some bureaucracy that the NCAA could improve upon, but there is a reason why these rules exist, and the NCAA (as a collection of the schools that make it up) doesn't just go around making rules because they need something to do.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• saw the news yesterday/today. I do wonder what the rule was. Unfortunate to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I get your argument, but there are reasons why the rule exists. Namely, to prevent a team from bringing in a player on top of another one.

I think there's some bureaucracy that the NCAA could improve upon, but there is a reason why these rules exist, and the NCAA (as a collection of the schools that make it up) doesn't just go around making rules because they need something to do.
                        It's not like we can bring a guy in now anyway. Or that anyone would want to.

Comment

• Walkons have a different status and funding than they did even a year ago. We have the best four since the Zach Bush and JR Simon years. We can live without one scholarship player for a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            Walkons have a different status and funding than they did even a year ago. We have the best four since the Zach Bush and JR Simon years. We can live without one scholarship player for a year.
                            While I agree with a lot of that... We are technically without 2 until Colby Rogers gets a waiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While I agree with a lot of that... We are technically without 2 until Colby Rogers gets a waiver.
                              If Rogers can't get a waiver the school needs to review their waiver submission process. Erik Stevenson is on his fourth school and has never been forced to sit out lol.

Comment

• Jacob Wilson to Louisiana-Monroe

Comment

Working...
                                X