Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Thank you for that help. I need a good secretary.

To be clear, you need a LOT more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      But seriously -- as the season draws closer the jackassedosity tolerance level will become more strict. But it's only September.
      So we should wake you up when September ends?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So we should wake you up when September ends?
        Yeah, Oct 1 is probably a good deadline.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

What if you're one of them?

Walk me through putting myself on the ignore list
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

But seriously -- as the season draws closer the jackassedosity tolerance level will become more strict. But it's only September.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeap. And I learned it from you.
              Sorry, I didn't realize I was replying to a 12 year old child.

​​​

Comment

• Dex on why he transferred from WSU to aTm:

"Just some of the things I was hearing about him (Buzz Williams) was he's going to hold you accountable, very very demanding on both sides of the ball and he's fair, honest type guy and I think for my last year that's really what I wanted to be around."

Also this...

Comment

• Yikes. Where are the IB defenders now???
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    Dex on why he transferred from WSU to aTm:

"Just some of the things I was hearing about him (Buzz Williams) was he's going to hold you accountable, very very demanding on both sides of the ball and he's fair, honest type guy and I think for my last year that's really what I wanted to be around."

Also this...

If the team isn't very good, he'll get to see how many people don't care about aTm basketball. Football is king there. I'm not sure Dex was really taking a shot at HCIB with his comments about Buzz Williams, but I can see why it may be perceived as such by some.

That being said, I wish DD all the best this season. Seems like a great young man and gave WSU four solid years on the court. I would be happy to see him play for the Aftershocks in the future.
                    Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; November 3, 2022, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Dex on why he transferred from WSU to aTm:

Also this...

Well, Dex came here to play for a demanding coach that would hold people accountable. He left a coach that appeared to be neither.

Not having football will always have some impact on some recruits. You can't replicate the buzz and atmosphere that surrounds the sport.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

If the team isn't very good, he'll get to see how many people don't care about aTm basketball. Football is king there. I'm not sure Dex was really taking a shot at HCIB with his comments about Buzz Williams, but I can see why it my be perceived as such.

That being said, I wish DD all the best this season. Seems like a great young man and gave WSU four solid years on the court. I would be happy to see him play for the Aftershocks in the future.
                        I didn't post it as some shot at IB. I appreciate and respect DD's honesty and I think he was being genuine in his response and I wish him nothing but the best. Class act all the way.

Comment

I didn't post it as some shot at IB. I appreciate and respect DD's honesty and I think he was being genuine in his response and I wish him nothing but the best. Class act all the way.
                          Its a tough question to ask the kid anyways because any answer can be spun any different direction. DD has been class all along so I wouldn't expect him to be taking parting shots.

Comment

• Lots of things being said here, I don't necessarily see them as negatives towards Dex. He gave us a lot. That said, it's still a negative for college basketball as a whole. Dex lived and breathed Wichita State from 2018-2022. But kids are being taught to seek after the next best opportunity. Maybe not in the context for Dexter Dennis (which is much more understandable than most), but for college basketball players as a whole.

The football thing, like has been said, is not something we can do much about. I would KILL to have that atmosphere at Wichita State.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Agreed 100%. DD has always been really thoughtful in his responses to questions. I didn't think you were posting it as a shot to IB, but just wanted to say that I didn't think it was a shot at IB anyway haha

Comment

• IB was not going to coach Dex into the NBA. Buzz might.

Comment

Working...
                                X