No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message to all non P5 schools from the selection committee: no matter what you do, you better win the conference tournament. Might as well just practice til March then run it in the conf tourney. Worst job they've ever done.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

If CJ gets hired at KSU, I might actually root against WSU during those upcoming games because I consider Chris to be a friend and because I have no real current tie to WSU right now.

That’s sad but it’s fact.
      I was looking at the SMU fan site. Several of their posters believe that Jankovich will be the next KSU coach if they can’t get Underwood from Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

I was looking at the SMU fan site. Several of their posters believe that Jankovich will be the next KSU coach if they can’t get Underwood from Illinois.
        They said that with a straight face?

Comment

• Mike Anderson from St. Johns being linked to Tulsa job. Frank Haith v.2.0?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            Mike Anderson from St. Johns being linked to Tulsa job. Frank Haith v.2.0?
            Serious question and I am not intending this to be political:

If a black coach gets fired, is there an unwritten narrative the school looks at every possible black coaching candidate out there first before considering anyone else because they feel guilty and/or avoid a media and social justice backlash?

These are discussions sports pundits, except for maybe a couple, will not have.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

They said that with a straight face?
              Only reporting what I read. They are still having a discussion on whether he should be retained as coach. Can’t please many people unless you win a national championship. LOL!

Comment

Isn't Mike Anderson off of the Nolan Richardson tree?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Isn't Mike Anderson off of the Nolan Richardson tree?
                  Yes, I believe he was an assistant at Tulsa under Nolan.

Comment

I remember Anderson having his way, along with Paul Pressey, in a game against the Shockers in the early '80's.

Comment

Yes, I believe he was an assistant at Tulsa under Nolan.
                      And Arkansas. "40 Minutes of Hell" philosophy

Comment

• https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...259377324.html

Returning to a place that you called home where some of the best memories in your life were earned can be quite the surreal experience, as Greg Heiar and Carl Hall discovered this past weekend. Each man have made an indelible mark on Wichita State basketball: Hall was the goggle-wearing, floor-burning, rebound-grabbing, bucket-getting big man on the 2013 Final Four team, while Heiar’s time in Wichita as an assistant coach correlated with the best six-season run in program history.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

“This brings back a lot of memories,” Hall said, taking in his surroundings one more time. “We spent a lot of hours in here. “The practices. The grind. Man, those preseason days, those 90 days before the season were such a grind, but I miss it. That’s when you really bonded with your team.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Hell of a group of guys in this picture.
                          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Hell of a group of guys in this picture.
                            Eenie meenie miney mo.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Man, how I miss those days...

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Hell of a group of guys in this picture.
                                We will likely NEVER have a group of assistants stronger than these esteemed gentlemen.

78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X