Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Wouldn't that be hilarious if the early evacuees found they weren't happy. A&M, UM, CU, and UNL back to the B12!!!
    None of those teams will ever look back. Colorado always disliked the Big 8. They despised the Big 12 and have always felt a closer kinship to the ultra-liberal Pac schools. They will never rejoin the Big 12.

Mizzou has similar feelings about the Big 12. They even committed to joining the B1G before Nebraska bolted. Give the slavers the opportunity for more revenue, more exposure and being in a conference with other slavers, they would never consider a return to the Big 12.

A loud MINORITY of Nebraska fans wanted back in the Big 12 when the B1G screwed the pooch on the football season last year. Tom "Mr. Stutter" Shatel from the Omaha World Herald did several reminiscing pieces on rejoining the B-12. Within a few weeks, it was obvious that it was only a minority of fans interested, Shatel was trying to start a fire with no kindling and zero administration members even considered that as an option. Not gonna happen.

aTm is the only wildcard. They could consider. They want away from the Longhorns. But at the end of the day, the SEC is superior in everything, pays better, plus Texas won't control anything. aTm will suck it up and stay put.

the Big 12 was a Sh¹tshow from the onset. Texas sold the old Big 8 that they were simply eager to be an equal member of a conference, but immediately loaded the front office with their people. It took no time for the offices to move from KC to Dallas. Football, which drove the Big 12 bus, then had the championship game north-south rotation become a permanent Texas event. They gave KC the bball tourney as a make good, but even last year I heard rumblings about that moving as well. As much as Texas effed up the conference, no former members would ever go back. A sh¹throw will always be a sh¹tshow.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• As an Aggie, I will say that ATM is about 1 thing - football. There is no better conference for football and no way they are giving that up even if it means having to deal with the Longhorns again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        As an Aggie, I will say that ATM is about 1 thing - football. There is no better conference for football and no way they are giving that up even if it means having to deal with the Longhorns again.
        Yup.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

None of those teams will ever look back. Colorado always disliked the Big 8. They despised the Big 12 and have always felt a closer kinship to the ultra-liberal Pac schools. They will never rejoin the Big 12.

Mizzou has similar feelings about the Big 12. They even committed to joining the B1G before Nebraska bolted. Give the slavers the opportunity for more revenue, more exposure and being in a conference with other slavers, they would never consider a return to the Big 12.

A loud MINORITY of Nebraska fans wanted back in the Big 12 when the B1G screwed the pooch on the football season last year. Tom "Mr. Stutter" Shatel from the Omaha World Herald did several reminiscing pieces on rejoining the B-12. Within a few weeks, it was obvious that it was only a minority of fans interested, Shatel was trying to start a fire with no kindling and zero administration members even considered that as an option. Not gonna happen.

aTm is the only wildcard. They could consider. They want away from the Longhorns. But at the end of the day, the SEC is superior in everything, pays better, plus Texas won't control anything. aTm will suck it up and stay put.

the Big 12 was a Sh¹tshow from the onset. Texas sold the old Big 8 that they were simply eager to be an equal member of a conference, but immediately loaded the front office with their people. It took no time for the offices to move from KC to Dallas. Football, which drove the Big 12 bus, then had the championship game north-south rotation become a permanent Texas event. They gave KC the bball tourney as a make good, but even last year I heard rumblings about that moving as well. As much as Texas effed up the conference, no former members would ever go back. A sh¹throw will always be a sh¹tshow.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              I don't know how "official" WSU's partnership is with Navy, but a Navy football/WSU everything else arrangement isn't that worst thing in the world. Navy probably has no business being in a major conference for its other sports but absolutely has clout to be in a solid conference for football. We gladly hold their spot for the other sports in The American. For everyone who automatically thinks we are screwed without football, I'm not so sure that has to be the case. It's an odd setup, but it works.
              Not sure how much the powers that be care, but it could also be bad optics to boot a service academy out to the curb in realignment.

Comment

• I see a lot of people here saying they don't believe the Big 12 will implode, which is totally possible. But I see it as probably the most likely scenario - maybe like 52% likely?

How many of those schools have to find new homes before the rest just join the American? 1? 3? 4? 5?

In my opinion, you have to believe no other power conference will see any financial positive by adding any of the remaining schools - and that just seems unlikely to me. The Pac 12 is in a terrible spot in relative to viewership and a revenue standpoint when it compares with the B1G or SEC. The ACC is at 14. Just seems like someone will do something... Then what?

Comment

• How about a new conference? It'll be called the b8.

Because who can't wait for a beautiful Fall afternoon in anticipation of k-state vs. the cyclones on the gridiron? Or how about the sunflower showdown. Big time!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                    How about a new conference? It'll be called the b8.

Because who can't wait for a beautiful Fall afternoon in anticipation of k-state vs. the cyclones on the gridiron? Or how about the sunflower showdown. Big time!
                    C'mon man!

New name:

GBL = Great Big Leftovers

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

C'mon man!

New name:

GBL = Great Big Leftovers
                      I can just hear Gus Johnson now!

Comment

• I have no problem with a good KState/Iowa St game on a clear, cool fall morning at 11:00 to start the day. I even like hearing the Fox jingle for the opening. Gets the juices flowing and ready to waste a whole Saturday in anticipation of the Big SEC games later in the afternoon and evening.

It's how all entertainment works. After the Georgia vs Alabama game starts though, if you flip back over to watch the TCU vs West VA game, you may as well be watching Colorado St vs Utah.

It just is kinda boring.

The TV ratings say the same thing.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                          I see a lot of people here saying they don't believe the Big 12 will implode, which is totally possible. But I see it as probably the most likely scenario - maybe like 52% likely?

How many of those schools have to find new homes before the rest just join the American? 1? 3? 4? 5?

In my opinion, you have to believe no other power conference will see any financial positive by adding any of the remaining schools - and that just seems unlikely to me. The Pac 12 is in a terrible spot in relative to viewership and a revenue standpoint when it compares with the B1G or SEC. The ACC is at 14. Just seems like someone will do something... Then what?
                          I could possibly see the ACC adding the Pokes because of their football history. Most would rather see Clemson take on the Pokes in Stillwater, in a prime-time Saturday evening game on ESPN (because, of course, CBS has you know who), than watching the Tigers travel to dreary lawrence. That's just a fact of life in the modern BCS era. And besides, the Chickens can't possibly believe they could win recruits over Duke & the Tarheels.

If the Chickens try to flex they'll be gutted, just for no other reason than posterity... As for the Chickens joining the B10; we'll see what the Buckeyes and Wolverines have to say about that. They're the ones calling the shots in this New Normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            I have no problem with a good KState/Iowa St game on a clear, cool fall morning at 11:00 to start the day. I even like hearing the Fox jingle for the opening. Gets the juices flowing and ready to waste a whole Saturday in anticipation of the Big SEC games later in the afternoon and evening.

It's how all entertainment works. After the Georgia vs Alabama game starts though, if you flip back over to watch the TCU vs West VA game, you may as well be watching Colorado St vs Utah.

It just is kinda boring.

The TV ratings say the same thing.
                            Them's the facts.

Who's going to want to watch TCU vs. T-Tech over Miss St playing LSU in Starksville?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                              I see a lot of people here saying they don't believe the Big 12 will implode, which is totally possible. But I see it as probably the most likely scenario - maybe like 52% likely?

Does the ACC do anything until they can get Notre Dame all in? That's their goal and I believe their current deal with ND goes through 2035 or so. Though the B1G also has eyes for ND so who knows. Though one might think the B1G could give up on that dream knowing the relationship that ND has built with the ACC. The problem for both is ND has a sweet deal with NBC and doesn't need to join a conference in football. I think any ultimatum made to them about it just pulls all of their other sports away from the ACC and they find a welcoming home in the BE.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Does the ACC do anything until they can get Notre Dame all in? That's their goal and I believe their current deal with ND goes through 2035 or so. Though the B1G also has eyes for ND so who knows. Though one might think the B1G could give up on that dream knowing the relationship that ND has built with the ACC. The problem for both is ND has a sweet deal with NBC and doesn't need to join a conference in football. I think any ultimatum made to them about it just pulls all of their other sports away from the ACC and they find a welcoming home in the BE.
                                The b10 doesn't need ND. They'll still have the prime time Saturday evening spot on ABC with or without the Irish.

Comment

Working...
                                X