Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another angle to consider would be the Big 12 luring Colorado back and maybe BYU or Colorado State into the the Big 12.

Comment

• I'm not sure what the hell's going on here, but I ultimately believe we won't be left out in the 'COLD'... we have too much momentum to see it go downhill. Even without football, I gotta believe there's a place for us at one of the 'bigger' tables.

It takes vision and big cojones...

Wichita State's proposed innovation campus

What's Happening at Wichita State's Innovation Campus?

Office of Research (wichita.edu)

"With yearly funding topping $164 million, research at Wichita State University ranges from bioscience, chemistry and engineering to mathematics, physics and ancient civilization. WSU ranks fourth among all U.S. universities in aeronautical R&D expenditures and first in industry funding for aeronautical R&D."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I'm not sure what the hell's going on here, but I ultimately believe we won't be left out in the 'COLD'... we have too much momentum to see it go downhill. Even without football, I gotta believe there's a place for us at one of the 'bigger' tables.

It takes vision and big cojones...

Wichita State's proposed innovation campus

What's Happening at Wichita State's Innovation Campus?

Office of Research (wichita.edu)

"With yearly funding topping $164 million, research at Wichita State University ranges from bioscience, chemistry and engineering to mathematics, physics and ancient civilization. WSU ranks fourth among all U.S. universities in aeronautical R&D expenditures and first in industry funding for aeronautical R&D."

We may be the greatest money launderers this side of the Mississippi. I don't know what they're up to but it sure looks pretty. Erecting buildings w/ state funds then leasing them to tenants and not collecting the rent? Ponzi scheme? Can we build a power conference with those funds and put ourselves in it? We are the INNOVATORS after all. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Another angle to consider would be the Big 12 luring Colorado back and maybe BYU or Colorado State into the the Big 12.
          Wouldn't that be hilarious if the early evacuees found they weren't happy. A&M, UM, CU, and UNL back to the B12!!!

Comment

• Unfortunately for Wichita State and its fans we are mostly just delegated to spectator status without football and the is probably not going to change. Shockers are pretty much at the mercy of what happens with the rest of the Big XII and with schools in the AAC's most attractive markets which I assume are Houston, UCF, Memphis and Cincinnati.

Purely from an athletic program fit the Big East is clearly the best fit for Wichita State. In fact, I think the primary catalyst for the break up of the Big East was not because the Catholic 7 were catholic, but because none of them had football. I think this was as much, if not more of, a common bond than the fact that they were Catholic institutions.

The Big East currently has 11 members. Adding Wichita State would balance out the league with a heathen on each end of the conference. UConn on the East and WSU on the West. Besides WSU has more than a few students that are Catholic. This would allow the Big East to go to a divisional setup if they desired to do that. Especially for the non-revenue producing sports, which is pretty much everything except basketball, where they could play home and home every year vs their division and a single game every year against each of the other divisions alternating home and away every year.

West Division:
            Wichita State
            Creighton
            Marquette
            DePaul
            Butler
            Xavier

East Division:
            Georgetown
            Villanova
            Seton Hall
            St. Johns
            Providence
            UConn

Clearly, a lineup of conference opponents that would get the juices of Shocker fans going far more than the current lineup of AAC Teams and especially what might be left of the AAC if the 4 teams above get poached.

I think Wichita State's academic profile is on the rise with the addition and continued growth of the Innovation Campus.

I suppose membership in an AAC that ends up adding a few Big XII schools would be good but without football we would always be a 2nd class citizen. Perhaps that would be the case in the Big East as well but not to the same degree. I can live with some self-appointed elite snobs looking down their noses at us as long as they let us in.

This might be the only option the Shockers have where they can, without football, at least try to be proactive. Otherwise, we have to be prepared the possibility of having to BOHICA.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 27, 2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

When this amount of money is involved, nobody is leaving it to chance.
              You might pass that info along to the Big XII commissioner.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Unfortunately for Wichita State and its fans we are mostly just delegated to spectator status without football and the is probably not going to change. Shockers are pretty much at the mercy of what happens with the rest of the Big XII and with schools in the AAC's most attractive markets which I assume are Houston, UCF, Memphis and Cincinnati.

Purely form an athletic program fit the Big East is clearly the best fit for Wichita State. In fact, I thing the primary catalyst for the break up of the Big East was not because the Catholic 7 were catholic, but because none of them had football. I think the was as much, if not more of, a common bond than the fact that they were Catholic institutions.

The Big East currently has 11 members. Adding Wichita State would balance out the league with a heathen on each end of the conference. UConn on the East and WSU on the West. Besides WSU has more than a few students that are Catholic. This would allow the Big East to go to a divisional setup if they desired to do that. Especially for the non-revenue producing sports, which is pretty much everything except basketball, where they could play home and home every year vs their division and a single game every year against each of the other divisions alternating home and away every year.

West Division:
                Wichita State
                Creighton
                Marquette
                DePaul
                Butler
                Xavier

East Division:
                Georgetown
                Villanova
                Seton Hall
                St. Johns
                Providence
                UConn

Clearly, a lineup of conference opponents that would get the juices of Shocker fans going far more than the current lineup of AAC Teams and especially what might be left of the AAC if the 4 teams above get poached.

I think Wichita State's academic profile is on the rise with the addition and continued growth of the Innovation Campus.

I suppose membership in an AAC that ends up adding a few Big XII schools would be good but without football we would always be a 2nd class citizen. Perhaps that would be the case in the Big East as well but not to the same degree. I can live with some self-appointed elite snobs looking down their noses at us as long as they let us in.

This might be the only option the Shockers have where they can, without football, at least try to be proactive. Otherwise, we have to be prepared the possibility of having to BOHICA.
                If the A10 wanted to go to 16 and find someone else to add with us .. I'd also be ok with them.

West Division
                Wichita State
                St Louis
                Dayton
                Davidson
                Duquense
                Richmond
                George Mason
                VCU

East Division
                GW
                St Joes
                Lasalle
                Fordham
                Rhode Island
                Umass
                St Bonaventure
                TBD pickup

Could also move TBD to a more western team and move either George Mason or VCU to the East division.

Comment

• I don't know how "official" WSU's partnership is with Navy, but a Navy football/WSU everything else arrangement isn't that worst thing in the world. Navy probably has no business being in a major conference for its other sports but absolutely has clout to be in a solid conference for football. We gladly hold their spot for the other sports in The American. For everyone who automatically thinks we are screwed without football, I'm not so sure that has to be the case. It's an odd setup, but it works.
                  78-65

Comment

• Ew
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

That’s ALL that guy does. Doesn’t matter the topic or Internet forum. All he is is a laughing stock at this point. I think that’s his ultimate goal.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If the A10 wanted to go to 16 and find someone else to add with us .. I'd also be ok with them.

West Division
                        Wichita State
                        St Louis
                        Dayton
                        Davidson
                        Duquense
                        Richmond
                        George Mason
                        VCU

East Division
                        GW
                        St Joes
                        Lasalle
                        Fordham
                        Rhode Island
                        Umass
                        St Bonaventure
                        TBD pickup

Could also move TBD to a more western team and move either George Mason or VCU to the East division.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

How many of the B12 schools have a sustainable funding model to stay at their current level in the absence of that OU and Texas media money?
                          My prediction is, those schools, and all schools for that matter, are going to sustain their funding levels by cutting Olympic/non revenue sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            I don't know how "official" WSU's partnership is with Navy, but a Navy football/WSU everything else arrangement isn't that worst thing in the world. Navy probably has no business being in a major conference for its other sports but absolutely has clout to be in a solid conference for football. We gladly hold their spot for the other sports in The American. For everyone who automatically thinks we are screwed without football, I'm not so sure that has to be the case. It's an odd setup, but it works.
                            I like this idea. Maybe we could ride Navy's nuts to the promised land. (New B12).

Thank you for brightening my spirit a bit my friend. Navy IS our football program.

THAT'S Innovation.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I like this idea. Maybe we could ride Navy's nuts to the promised land. (New B12).

Thank you for brightening my spirit a bit my friend. Navy IS our football program.

THAT'S Innovation.
                              I see what you did there. Careful, seamen get jealous easy.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

trolling.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X