Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

A tour of the Newman Center might just tip the scales...
      One suggestion. If Big East officials visit just bypass the Newman Center, change the name of the RSC back to the CAC and tell them here is our Catholic Activities Center. I'm sure they can find a place to convert into a chapel temporarily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Tiny 12 has a ring to it. T12.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Cute.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• You can tell who has never left the state of Kansas

Comment

• Coldl, I know you are a smart fella, but there are many folks who do this for a living that are postulating that it is just as likely B12 teams go the AAC then the other way around, and their logic makes sense. Some, though not all, say that the AAC is stronger than the B12 sans OU and UT.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                Coldl, I know you are a smart fella, but there are many folks who do this for a living that are postulating that it is just as likely B12 teams go the AAC then the other way around, and their logic makes sense. Some, though not all, say that the AAC is stronger than the B12 sans OU and UT.
                My guess is if any of the remaining 8 Big XII teams can finagle their way into the B1G, ACC, or PAC12 that would be preferable to them vs merging with the AAC. Now whether any or some number of those programs get those opportunities remains to be seen. For Example KU and ISU to the B1G, WVU to the ACC, perhaps anywhere from 2 to 4 teams to the PAC12 (probably no more than 2, maybe 3 tops). That would leave 1 to 3 teams that may have no choice but to throw in with the AAC. My money would be on KSU, Texas Tech and Baylor as the most likely candidates. They won't like it but may not have much choice in this scenario.

Now if the Big 12 (then 10, then 8) can hold together who knows what kind of "merger" with AAC teams will look like. No guarantee that Wichita State will end up being part of that. If that scenario plays out I'm thinking the Big 12 poaches Houston, Memphis, Cincy and UCF to get back to a 12 team league leaving the AAC badly broken. These programs will be looking out for themselves not their respective conferences or fellow conference members.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 27, 2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  Coldl, I know you are a smart fella, but there are many folks who do this for a living that are postulating that it is just as likely B12 teams go the AAC then the other way around, and their logic makes sense. Some, though not all, say that the AAC is stronger than the B12 sans OU and UT.
                  I'll believe it when I see it kemosabe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    You can tell who has never left the state of Kansas
                    Something else surprising about Silo is Manhattan. Absolutely lovely terrain w/ impressive views. I was pleasantly surprised. Makes Lawrence look like Kansas.

Comment

• Outcomes I'm rooting for in order, first 2 I don't see happening. Also I'm looking at this from a basketball/baseball perspective only (obviously).

1) Big 12 implodes

2) Big 12 becomes Big 8 adds none

3) Big 12 adds 1, BYU

4a) Big 12 adds 1, UCF

4b) Big 12 adds 2, BYU and UCF

5a) Big 12 adds 1, any one of Memphis, Houston, Cincy

5b) Big 12 adds 2, BYU and any one of Memphis, Houston, Cincy

6) Big 12 adds 2, UCF and any one of Memphis, Houston, Cincy

7) Big 12 adds 2, any two of Memphis, Houston, Cincy

8) Big 12 adds 4, BYU, UCF, and any two of Memphis, Houston, Cincy

9) Big 12 adds 4, BYU, Memphis, Houston, Cincy

10) Big 12 adds 4, UCF, Memphis, Houston, Cincy

Outcomes 1 thru 3 would be awesome!, Outcome 4 whatever, Outcomes 5 and 6 would suck but ok, Outcome 7 and 8 is where it starts hurting pretty bad (hope it's Memphis and Cincy in that case), Outcome 9 and 10 you really have to wonder if WSU should do all that traveling for such mediocre basketball.

God forbid we go beg the Valley or Summit but you never know.

Impossible due to NCAA auto bids and starting new conference but WSU, SLU, Dayton, VCU plus 4 to 6 more (10 max) non football schools only league would be alright. A-10 is to big and to northeastern centric.

Comment

• At what point does WSU look at this 5 alarm fire and be like “We need football to stay relevant”

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                          At what point does WSU look at this 5 alarm fire and be like “We need football to stay relevant”
                          I don't think that would be a very smart reaction. The trend line is for college football to be shrinking how many programs get a seat at the table (notions of 4 16-team conferences that break from the NCAA for football). There are well-established football schools that will be on the outside looking in of this trend and a newly established program has virtually no chance of being on the good side of a football based split. The hope is that whatever split happens in football, basketball and other Olympic sports operate differently and I think that there are enough basketball brands (Gonzaga, Big East, A10, etc.) that a football split may not sweep into other sports as well.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                            At what point does WSU look at this 5 alarm fire and be like “We need football to stay relevant”
                            More like WSU looks at it and says "Thank God". Not having football is much better than having bad football.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              You can tell who has never left the state of Kansas
                              Hey, his mom has a big basement.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

>Something else surprising about Silo is Manhattan. Absolutely lovely terrain w/ impressive views. I was pleasantly surprised. Makes Lawrence look like Kansas.
                                Fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X