X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Based on what facts?? Sounds awfully speculative to me. I think the "experts" just assumed with the amount of transfers we had and the coaching change we couldn't be good and they just couldn't get that thought out of their mind. Throw in the Memphis bias, and you have a triggered Parrish.
    I think he was probably right. Generally they base this on Ken Pom. We definitely would have been dogs to Houston and Memphis. I am not sure about SMU.

Leave a comment:

• Wooglin
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm not sure grad transfers fall under the same rule since they've technically graduated from their school.
    UConn basketball transfer Alterique Gilbert to Wichita State | The Wichita Eagle (kansas.com)

UConn is leaving the American Athletic Conference, so Gilbert avoids the intra-conference transfer rule and can play immediately for the Shockers in the 2020-21 season. Gilbert’s recruitment was spearheaded by assistant Tyson Waterman, and he picked the Shockers over interest from Florida, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Georgia and Cincinnati, among others..........

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Exactly. There is far more evidence for WSU being in the tournament and for being the second best team in the conference than for anything Memphis did. It certainly is funny how they can tout the Memphis win over WSU but completely fail to acknowledge their two losses to Tulsa or Houston's losses to ECU and Tulsa. There is nothing more factual than actual game results over the entire conference season.
    While also simultaneously claiming that it's not fair to use the Houston game to decide Houston is better than them "because they didn't get their chance at home" while also saying beating WSU at home is their end all be all of why they are better than WSU

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’m willing to bet he’s basing it on the blowout loss at Memphis and poor numbers in KP and other predictive metrics.

Which is pretty thin evidence, IMO. One bad game and potentially faulty metrics in a COVID season?

Never mind the wins at Ole Miss and vs Houston, those don’t fit his narrative.

Yeah, the loss to Cincinnati was not good but are we the only team in America who is not allowed one single blemish? Houston lost to ECU and Memphis lost to Tulsa at home. Neither of those teams is ranked ahead of Cincinnati in the NET.

In fact, looking at Memphis schedule, it would seem that their lofty NET ranking (a whole 20 spots ahead of us, wowwwww) is thanks to a 17 point win over St Mary’s in the first game of the year.

Memphis had zero, zero, as in none, Q1 wins. Parrish wants to give Memphis more credit for two close losses against Houston than to WSU for actually beating Houston and Ole Miss.
    Exactly. There is far more evidence for WSU being in the tournament and for being the second best team in the conference than for anything Memphis did. It certainly is funny how they can tout the Memphis win over WSU but completely fail to acknowledge their two losses to Tulsa or Houston's losses to ECU and Tulsa. There is nothing more factual than actual game results over the entire conference season.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied

Based on what facts?? Sounds awfully speculative to me. I think the "experts" just assumed with the amount of transfers we had and the coaching change we couldn't be good and they just couldn't get that thought out of their mind. Throw in the Memphis bias, and you have a triggered Parrish.
    I’m willing to bet he’s basing it on the blowout loss at Memphis and poor numbers in KP and other predictive metrics.

Which is pretty thin evidence, IMO. One bad game and potentially faulty metrics in a COVID season?

Never mind the wins at Ole Miss and vs Houston, those don’t fit his narrative.

Yeah, the loss to Cincinnati was not good but are we the only team in America who is not allowed one single blemish? Houston lost to ECU and Memphis lost to Tulsa at home. Neither of those teams is ranked ahead of Cincinnati in the NET.

In fact, looking at Memphis schedule, it would seem that their lofty NET ranking (a whole 20 spots ahead of us, wowwwww) is thanks to a 17 point win over St Mary’s in the first game of the year.

Memphis had zero, zero, as in none, Q1 wins. Parrish wants to give Memphis more credit for two close losses against Houston than to WSU for actually beating Houston and Ole Miss.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by ABC View Post

He said WSU would have been underdogs in the AAC tourney to either of those three teams.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Brown from USF in the portal.

Leave a comment:

• DJShocker10
    replied

He said WSU would have been underdogs in the AAC tourney to either of those three teams.
    Maybe it’s just me, but we were the underdogs almost every time we stepped on the court this year. Winners find ways to win, and more often than not our guys found a way to win. Odds be damned.

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How can he definitively say that WSU is the 4th best AAC then?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Parrish isn't necessarily wrong. He has been plenty supportive of WSU in the past including this year. He had WSU as the first team out.
    How can he definitively say that WSU is the 4th best AAC then?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Saunders from Cincy is in the portal .. he looked like he had lots of promise.

Moorman from Temple going to Grad Transfer

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    Parrish isn't necessarily wrong. He has been plenty supportive of WSU in the past including this year. He had WSU as the first team out.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Went and listened to Parrish and Norlander's podcast garbage. Love this quote from Parrish:

"Wichita state is the 4th best team in the AAC and won a schedule induced regular season championship."

Yikes. If that is his analysis, I guess it is easier than I thought to be a basketball "expert". Epic failure. Them's some real Memphis tears right there.
    He's crazy, but losing to Cincinnati in the tourney did open ourselves up to some of this crap. While I still think he's an idiot, we did win the Championship, and his team did evade playing us, and chose Houston who they never did beat out of 3 tries, not to mention losing to Tulsa twice.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm not sure grad transfers fall under the same rule since they've technically graduated from their school.
    I believe you are correct.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X