X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

I believe its 100% he goes to a different conference. If memory serves me correct, no intra conference transfers are allowed in the American. The only way we were able to get AG is because UCONN was leaving for browner pastures.
    Good one!!! Loved it!

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

We need ******* on this! Stat!!!!
    Not even a mention by NumNutz yet....

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I went over to the Cinci board to see what's going on. Apparently Brannen's wife liked a couple of tweets that were critical of Saunders and Harvey. Not a good look. I haven't watched much of Brannen but something about him comes off as being a real Richard.

Someone posted a text conversation they found online of someone asking Saunders why he was leaving and if was it Brannen. Saunders replied "Bingo". Interesting, coming from someone who Brannen has known and recruited since the 7th grade.

They are expecting more to leave.
    We need ******* on this! Stat!!!!

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    I went over to the Cinci board to see what's going on. Apparently Brannen's wife liked a couple of tweets that were critical of Saunders and Harvey. Not a good look. I haven't watched much of Brannen but something about him comes off as being a real Richard.

Someone posted a text conversation they found online of someone asking Saunders why he was leaving and if was it Brannen. Saunders replied "Bingo". Interesting, coming from someone who Brannen has known and recruited since the 7th grade.

They are expecting more to leave.

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    It’s amazing how fast and far a cancer can spread. Cut it out, and the effects seem to linger for several years.

Leave a comment:

• giskard
    replied
    So will ******* go lurking around Cincinnati players trying to dig up dirt on them now?

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I’d take Saunders
    I’d take Sanders or Collins from USF. Doesn’t sound like it’s possible due to the inter conference transfer rule people are posting about but there’s always an exception to the rule.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I’d take Saunders

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea .. I don't know if Brannens seat is hot after just this year since COVID and all and since they won a share of the Championship last year, but he better land some good recruits because things aren't looking like they are swinging the right direction.
    DeJulius opted out then back in, so this theory seems to have some legs.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

I was super impressed with Saunders. Seems like there is something going on in Cinci. Cumberland recently said Brannen needed to go and now his own guys are leaving.
    Yea .. I don't know if Brannens seat is hot after just this year since COVID and all and since they won a share of the Championship last year, but he better land some good recruits because things aren't looking like they are swinging the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• SkoShox
    replied

I was super impressed with Saunders. Seems like there is something going on in Cinci. Cumberland recently said Brannen needed to go and now his own guys are leaving.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I suppose either team could probably cherry pick the pieces they think makes their case but it certainly is far from clear cut that Memphis was more deserving than Wichita State as Mr. Parrish seems to believe.
    He doesn't think that Memphis is more deserving of a bid than WSU. He thinks Memphis is a better team (and I agree). His homerism is certainly more evident in his mocking of WSU's "fake" AAC title.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    In the head-to-head matchup in Memphis they did kick the Shocks ass. Although Memphis declined the opportunity for a return game in Wichita if my understanding is correct. In this year of the totally unbalanced Covid impacted schedules Memphis and WSU only had 8 other AAC teams that they each played in the same venue (home or way). In those 8 games Memphis went 5-3. The Shocks went 7-1. Combined Memphis outscored those 8 opponents 517-476 for and average margin of +5.1. The Shockers outscored those opponents 612-553 for am average margin of +7.4.

Memphis played 6 other conference games that WSU did not play. @ECU, SMU, @SMU, ECU, @Cincy and UCF. Memphis went 5-1 in those games only losing @ SMU.

Wichita State played 5 other conference games that Memphis did not play. Cincy, @UCF, Houston, and Temple. The Shocks went 4-0 in those games.

Memphis played 7 non-conference games going 4-3 and the Shocks played 4 non-conference games going 2-2. The difference being the Memphis was able to play in the Crossover Classic in South Dakota and the Shocks were not. Memphis went 1-2 in the tournament beating St. Mary's and losing to Western Kentucky and VCU. In it's other 4 non-con games Memphis went 3-1 beating Arkansas State, Central Arkansas and Mississippi Valley State. Those 3 teams finished the season at a combined 14-54. Memphis lost to Auburn in Atlanta in a close game. Memphis also had a game at Ole Miss cancelled.

The Shocks lost to Okie State and Mizzou and beat ORU and Ole Miss in the D-1 Non-con games. I'm ignoring the Shocks 2 D-1 opponents.

WarrenNolan.com reports the Shocks non-con SOS (albeit a very small sample size) at #13 and Memphis at #193.

WarrenNolan.com reports the Shocks overall SOS at #37 and Memphis at #79.

The Shocks signature win was over Houston (NET #5) at home and Memphis' signature win was over SMU (NET #65) at home.

WarrenNolan.com reports the Shocks NET at #72 and Memphis at #52. I wonder if beating the crap out of Arkansas State, Central Arkansas and Mississippi Valley State (dead last in the NET at #347) had anything to do with that. Those 3 games certainly had a lot to do with Memphis' non-conference SOS.

I suppose either team could probably cherry pick the pieces they think makes their case but it certainly is far from clear cut that Memphis was more deserving than Wichita State as Mr. Parrish seems to believe.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    The butthurt in NITphis is large. They’ve been irrelevant in the NCAAs for a while now and Penny’s National Championships aren’t panning out as planned.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by ABC View Post

I think he was probably right. Generally they base this on Ken Pom. We definitely would have been dogs to Houston and Memphis. I am not sure about SMU.
    Well, the metrics are flawed then, particularly in the case of Memphis. I am sure about SMU. We should never have been a dog to a team that hadn't played in what a month?? Nonsense. There is nothing "right" about saying WSU was the fourth best team in the league. Total and utter BS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X