X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post

There 's a decent chance that Memphis gets the AQ by beating the Shox in the finals of the conference tourney.
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I'd say there's more than a decent chance they get the AQ if they beat us in the finals. Maybe as high as 100%.
    Sorry if I missed it, but did the AAC announce that the winner of the tournament gets the AQ?

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Memphis is BAD - in the good way. If they get in the tourney, no one is going to want to be on their side of the bracket. That swarming D with traps any time a perimeter player dribbles toward a sideline can be deadly unless a team has practiced against it. Memphis is quick enough to recover if a ball handler breaks down the trap. They're not at all like what they were at the beginning of the season.

The Houston/Memphis game IN HOUSTON was war and it was a well-played game. Houston is a legitimate top-20 team and Memphis is right there with them in their ability to win a game.

There 's a decent chance that Memphis gets the AQ by beating the Shox in the finals of the conference tourney.
    I'd say there's more than a decent chance they get the AQ if they beat us in the finals. Maybe as high as 100%.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    So glad Penny and the P***ies ate it at the buzzer like that. I hope that sinks their hearts and they get chumped in their first game in Fort Worth.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    I have never seen a program where the coaches and players consistently argue and b**** about officiating like Memphis does.
    Don't forget their fanbase. The worst of the worst.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Memphis is BAD - in the good way. If they get in the tourney, no one is going to want to be on their side of the bracket. That swarming D with traps any time a perimeter player dribbles toward a sideline can be deadly unless a team has practiced against it. Memphis is quick enough to recover if a ball handler breaks down the trap. They're not at all like what they were at the beginning of the season.

The Houston/Memphis game IN HOUSTON was war and it was a well-played game. Houston is a legitimate top-20 team and Memphis is right there with them in their ability to win a game.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    SMU used to be good. What version shows up in Ft Worth is anyones’s guess. They might be really freakin rusty.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    SMU has looked like a decent team this year: Victories over Memphis and Tulsa at Tulsa. Should be a good game if we play them Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    replied

This is absolutely true. I would almost prefer to play Houston in the AAC tournament because we match up athletically with them better. We do not match up well with Memphis on that front.
    Agreed. Memphis is nightmare match-up, because WSU will never get overlooked by Memphis and the physical nature of Memphis presents a lot of problems. Bottom line - Memphis ceiling can be really high.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

So they're like ShockerNet posters
    Pretty much but we're not talking about us we're talking about those other SOB's. Don't try and derail this train of thought.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    I have never seen a program where the coaches and players consistently argue and b**** about officiating like Memphis does.
    So they're like ShockerNet posters

Leave a comment:

• Shocknroll33
    replied
    Memphis definitely showed that they are a quality team. No matter how the #'s look afterwards, that highly viewed game increased credibility of the AAC as more than just Houston. And any half knowledgeable fan can now understand how we took that beating at Memphis. **our only true beating we took all season**

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    When do the conference awards get announced?
    We have already pronounced the AAC Coach of the Year. Not sure about the rest.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    When do the conference awards get announced?

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    Crazy game, banked three head on...we’ve seen our share of banked 3s this year...Penny a little upset, he won’t sleep tonight
    That was the only points Houston got in the last 3+ minutes of the game.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Liked watching .01 walk off the court mad. Lol
    Never gets old.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X