Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Is he the guy?Don't know for sure...we won't know unless he gets the job.....and if he does not get the job, I would be stunned if this good, YOUNG group all comes back....
    Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

I would not blame any of our players for honoring Coach Brown and leaving with him.
    Not that I really disagree, but a caveat to this may be if Brown does not get the job and players were to leave, any player leaving would lose the "extra year". Correct me if I'm wrong. TrW and AG would be done and everyone else moves up a year. Freshmen would become sophomores and so on.

If they stayed, all would retain their current year status for next year. If they left after that, they would then be in the same class as if they left the year before. Kind of like being able to kick the tires before driving off.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

Hell no you don't hire them. Top 30? What a joke. Hire somebody that doesn't appreciate Shocker history? Top 30 , gone after 3 years?

Listen.. WSU was picked 7th preseason. Isaac Brown just might be the NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR (how's that grab 'ya).. never mind AAC COY (which he will be, like we said).

Hey, guess what, brainiac..? Wichita State is in 1st place in the AAC.
      I'm just throwing out possible scenarios.

Did you read where I said I wasn't against IB ?

Thanks for the brainiac compliment ! Glad you recognize it.

Comment

Ok, I'm NOT done.....:)
        It's not that I think the Shockers have been flawless with IB....not at all....rebounding HAS been a big issue, but in fairness to him, HE DID NOT INHERIT ANY GREAT REBOUNDERS. Now I agree that MUCH of rebounding IS about effort and focus, but not all.....our frontline is underexperienced experience ( Mo,Poor Bear), outsized(Trey), raw(Monzie) and our guards do other things better than rebound...but the main reason I don't criticize him overall much is that except for Memphis, WSU has been in EVERY game with no All Americans, against some teams WITH All American types...they play hard, they play together, they play calm...they don't quit, as evidenced by THURSDAY...at 20- 9, I HAD QUIT....but not them...part of that is a coaching relationship. Is he the guy?Don't know for sure...we won't know unless he gets the job.....and if he does not get the job, I would be stunned if this good, YOUNG group all comes back......
        He was a major part of recruiting these bad rebounders. He isn’t without fault. There you go with your rebounding excuses again. Answer these questions since you are so much smarter.

Why did we outrebound Houston? Are we a bad rebounding team if we can rebound with Houston?
        Why are we ranked bottom 1/3 out of 350 teams on rebounding?
        ok we aren’t as good at rebounding this year to be a Top 50 rebounding team (as we have been almost every year).
        But is 240 where we should be or should we be a Top 1/3 rebounding team perhaps?
        We’ve had teams before who were good at rebounding as a team, but we had no dominant rebounders.

I just don’t think you “crown” Brown yet. We still have tough games left. The information we have so far is good. The information we have is good so far.
        Still lots of questions besides the players staying.
        Will the coaching staff stay intact with him? If they don’t what contacts does he have to replace them?
        Last edited by Shockm; February 20, 2021, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
          Porter is a Creighton Alumn, I’d rather hire Dan Muller than a Creighton guy.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

I'm just throwing out possible scenarios.

Did you read where I said I wasn't against IB ?

Thanks for the brainiac compliment ! Glad you recognize it.
            Actually it means you're not a brainiac, as you know. Isaac Brown "might be" AAC COY? The f&#$s the matter with you?

Shockers' backs are against the wall since November. 'Had to beat the dirtiest, no good, nastiest team in D-1 the other night, and you come in weak.

Shock On, Shockers! We know you can do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He was a major part of recruiting these bad rebounders. He isn’t without fault. There you go with your rebounding excuses again. Answer these questions since you are so much smarter.

Why did we outrebound Houston? Are we a bad rebounding team if we can rebound with Houston?
              Why are we ranked bottom 1/3 out of 350 teams on rebounding?
              ok we aren’t as good at rebounding this year to be a Top 50 rebounding team (as we have been almost every year).
              But is 240 where we should be or should we be a Top 1/3 rebounding team perhaps?
              We’ve had teams before who were good at rebounding as a team, but we had no dominant rebounders.

I just don’t think you “crown” Brown yet. We still have tough games left. The information we have so far is good. The information we have is good so far.
              Still lots of questions besides the players staying.
              Will the coaching staff stay intact with him? If they don’t what contacts does he have to replace them?
              ok, I’ll assume Mitgaard did not leave because of IB, for starters... think he might have helped? And I’ll go back to my contention two weeks ago that TALENTWISE this team is no where close to what left, except Tyson,,,and sometimes Dexter.... burton could board, mitgard could board, even TP could board... the bigs and guards who stayed either mostly had not been great rebounders or prominent players... it may take a while to become better at it and frankly they are getting better at it...but Rome is not built in a day...
              never said I was smarter at all... you and I will not make the coaching choice( well, you might because you said you’ll be watching closely, so you MIGHT have a say) but it’s all good... I’m hoping that the team wins out so the conversation is not necessary... not because I think he’s the only coach out there but because he proves he’s the best fit... but I might predict that the next time the Shockers lose....and they probably will.... that you will want to pull the plug on IB....
              hey, have a good night!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not that I really disagree, but a caveat to this may be if Brown does not get the job and players were to leave, any player leaving would lose the "extra year". Correct me if I'm wrong. TrW and AG would be done and everyone else moves up a year. Freshmen would become sophomores and so on.

If they stayed, all would retain their current year status for next year. If they left after that, they would then be in the same class as if they left the year before. Kind of like being able to kick the tires before driving off.
                They don’t lose their extra year if they leave The caveat is that their scholarships (specifically Trey and AG for next year) would count towards a team’s 13 at another school, but it would not count at WSU. Not sure how that will work for future classes.
                78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  What do these schools have in common?

Arizona Christian (NAIA)
                  Benedictine University of Mesa, Arizona (NAIA)
                  West New Mexico (D2)
                  California Baptist
                  Seattle

That is the complete list of wins for Chris Jans this year. I was high on Jans until this year.
                  Aargh,
                  I know you are a dedicated Shocker fan and generally a knowledgeable poster... But that is dumb fricking comment you have ever posted.
                  Do you have any idea what that dumbass New Mexico Governor has put all New Mexico athletics though for the past 6 months???
                  Check out where she made them move to.
                  Check out what restrictions she placed on them to even practice.
                  CJ had to take his team out of state (Arizona) just to practice!
                  She did not allow them to play ANYWHERE in the state until just a couple weeks ago.
                  They have essentially been a team of nomads, living out of hotels and places that would provide a place to sleep or a try to play and practice.
                  All because of a dumbass Governor.

Know the facts before you make an asinine post such as this one.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

They don’t lose their extra year if they leave The caveat is that their scholarships (specifically Trey and AG for next year) would count towards a team’s 13 at another school, but it would not count at WSU. Not sure how that will work for future classes.
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Aargh,
                      I know you are a dedicated Shocker fan and generally a knowledgeable poster... But that is dumb fricking comment you have ever posted.
                      Do you have any idea what that dumbass New Mexico Governor has put all New Mexico athletics though for the past 6 months???
                      Check out where she made them move to.
                      Check out what restrictions she placed on them to even practice.
                      CJ had to take his team out of state (Arizona) just to practice!
                      She did not allow them to play ANYWHERE in the state until just a couple weeks ago.
                      They have essentially been a team of nomads, living out of hotels and places that would provide a place to sleep or a try to play and practice.
                      All because of a dumbass Governor.

Know the facts before you make an asinine post such as this one.

That is all.
                      Shox played Missouri and OkSt after practicing 4 on 4 with only 8 players available to practice or play. Played both competitively. NMSU played NAIA teams when they had limited ability to practice.

Best win NMSU has is over Utah Valley (they split a double-header). Utah valley is 3rd in the WAC. Best win IB has is over the #6 team in the nation, which moved WSU into first place in a league miles above the WAC in significance.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

ok, I’ll assume Mitgaard did not leave because of IB, for starters... think he might have helped? And I’ll go back to my contention two weeks ago that TALENTWISE this team is no where close to what left, except Tyson,,,and sometimes Dexter.... burton could board, mitgard could board, even TP could board... the bigs and guards who stayed either mostly had not been great rebounders or prominent players... it may take a while to become better at it and frankly they are getting better at it...but Rome is not built in a day...
                        never said I was smarter at all... you and I will not make the coaching choice( well, you might because you said you’ll be watching closely, so you MIGHT have a say) but it’s all good... I’m hoping that the team wins out so the conversation is not necessary... not because I think he’s the only coach out there but because he proves he’s the best fit... but I might predict that the next time the Shockers lose....and they probably will.... that you will want to pull the plug on IB....
                        hey, have a good night!
                        Burton averaged as many boards as Gilbert.

Comment

hey, have a good night!
                          Last years team was not more talented. The only thing last years team has over this years team is experience in the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Last years team was not more talented. The only thing last years team has over this years team is experience in the system.
                            I never said “ better fit” , just more hoops skill set... if that’s not true then explain five transfers starting/ first one of the bench at their new schools? Jaime over Mo? Terrible fit as it turns out but tdd was talent was there

Comment

Shox played Missouri and OkSt after practicing 4 on 4 with only 8 players available to practice or play. Played both competitively. NMSU played NAIA teams when they had limited ability to practice.

Best win NMSU has is over Utah Valley (they split a double-header). Utah valley is 3rd in the WAC. Best win IB has is over the #6 team in the nation, which moved WSU into first place in a league miles above the WAC in significance.
                              Yes, you’re right. Wichita State has a better resume than New Mexico State this year. This crazy COVID year has exactly zero to do with why I want Jans as a coach.

Comment

That is some seriously flawed logic.

Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X