No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Shocks make it to the NCAA Tournament I think the search will be over. If not, the search will continue but that does not necessarily eliminate IHCIB from consideration. I don't think they should remove the interim tag before the end of the AAC Tournament. But if the Shocks make to the NCAA Tournament I think removing that tag before the tournament would be acceptable and perhaps even motivating for the team.

If these players really do like playing for IHCIB and believe in him that is one more motivation for them to continue to play as hard and as well as they can.

How much influence or input, if any, the players will have on the decision outside of their play on the court is hard to know.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

so promote an assistant?
      Yeah, it seems to me that it would be odd to be uncomfortable with hiring Brown, but happy to hire Beilein with the goal of very shortly afterwards promoting an assistant. Brown would be a more proven choice than a head coach in waiting under Beilein.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

LOL, this is funny cuz his son is one of my best friends. Mike’s grandson is in college.
        I met Mike's son one year at the Valley tournament; he seemed like a super nice guy and I'm sure his son is a chip off the old block. Of course Mike senior (our former coach) was also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Now back to your regular programming.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I don't really believe Beilein and Matta will be options. Jans is but his Bowling Green issue might be a bit of an issue. Not sure that his association with 3G is a problem. If it was Isaac Brown's association with 3G would might be an issue as well. Perhaps the biggest problem Jans has is that some posters have said ADDB doesn't like him that much.

If Isaac Brown does not get the job no doubt the search will cast a far wider net than this limited group of possibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            If our AD hires anybody ever again, with a 7 year revolving contract and a gazillion dollar buyout, we should storm the hill with pitchforks and torches.
            ... and WuShock scythes...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• NM
              Last edited by shoxlax; February 20, 2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                I don’t know if Beilein has plans of going into an administrative position after coaching, but that’s why I have thought it would be interesting to offer an AD/HC position.
                This is some Wild dreaming or some serious drugs being ingested to think that Boatright would hire someone to replace himself. :)
                I’ve never considered Belein a serious contender myself. But I guess anything is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This is some Wild dreaming or some serious drugs being ingested to think that Boatright would hire someone to replace himself. :)
                  I’ve never considered Belein a serious contender myself. But I guess anything is possible.
                  I was still thinking they’d hire a new president, who’d clean house. That was an important caveat! Ha

Since it appears that the current AD will be hiring a HC before the university hires a president, this scenario won’t be happening. A kid can dream though!
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I don't really believe Beilein and Matta will be options. Jans is but his Bowling Green issue might be a bit of an issue. Not sure that his association with 3G is a problem. If it was Isaac Brown's association with 3G would might be an issue as well. Perhaps the biggest problem Jans has is that some posters have said ADDB doesn't like him that much.

If Isaac Brown does not get the job no doubt the search will cast a far wider net than this limited group of possibilities.
                    I’m not for or against Jans... however, I don’t think the Bowling Green thing would be more than a blip ... he came back here, he’s been elsewhere... that situation is dead.
                    having said that, no way Matta is a candidate, no way beeline either.... Brown or Jans....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This is right on. Rebounding has been my biggest concern (as you all know), and IB has talked about it all year but then excuses follow (not from him but by others close to the program) and nothing changed. This past game, I saw Mo, Dexter, and Trey go after rebounds that required effort and weren't coming right to them. I hadn't seen that kind of effort all year. Why? I don't know but I agree with you that some of us will be watching to see if the mindset has actually changed or if this was a one game deal.
                      I seriously think you will think I’m picking on you and I really am not but what does it mean... “ some of us will be watching....” that sounds the the HOOSIERS barbershop group ...
                      im done.... have a great day

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        I’m not for or against Jans... however, I don’t think the Bowling Green thing would be more than a blip ... he came back here, he’s been elsewhere... that situation is dead.
                        having said that, no way Matta is a candidate, no way beeline either.... Brown or Jans....
                        I agree that the BG thing should not be more than a blip. However, when he was hired back after that the power in the athletic department was with 3G. That is totally not the case now. And if some of the rumors posted on Shockernet about ADDB not really liking Jans so he might make it more than a blip. A lot may depend on what the big money boosters are thinking.

I agree that Beilien and Matta are pipe dreams put if Brown doesn't get the job they will look at more than just Chris Jans although Chris could still be the guy.

I hope Coach Brown makes it a moot point. I like him, he has done very well so far this year and if he makes it a moot point that means we will have continued to do well for the remainder of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

.. “ some of us will be watching....” that sounds the the HOOSIERS barbershop group ...
                          im done.... have a great day
                          Nit pick. I agreed with the huts rebounding criticism. You like IB but he’s unproven with one great win and one great rebounding effort when he’s been harping all year that Shox need to get better at rebounding. Houston game finally showed the effort he should have been demanding all year. You criticize Haith and Jankovich but never Isaac Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Losing credibility at record speed. Do yourself a favor, please have someone familiar with basketball review your posts before submitting.
                            Porter is a much better coach now than he was at Illinois State. He learned a lot when he was a assistant at St Louis.

Comment

• He was a good coach at Illinois State. He had them on the right track when he was fired.

Comment

• The more you all post about potential candidates the closer I get to agreeing to close the deal with IB. The thoughts of all these options is nauseating.
                                plus this team has a core nucleus that could be jeopardized if IB does not get the job.

Comment

Working...
                                X