No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Jans isn't first on the list barring the return of Matta / Beilein / Name your Name Coach, then I'm going to be a bit baffled, to be honest.

He seems to be the perfect way to keep the train rolling. Hell, I think he may even pick up some steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
      If Jans isn't first on the list barring the return of Matta / Beilein / Name your Name Coach, then I'm going to be a bit baffled, to be honest.

He seems to be the perfect way to keep the train rolling. Hell, I think he may even pick up some steam.
      100%
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I am not sure I would take Beilein or Matta over Jans. He is THE candidate to me.

Comment

• Jans

Comment

• I looked at New Mexico State’s roster. They have a 6’ 10” 265lb redshirt sophomore from Philadelphia that looks good. Maybe he would transfer in if CJ gets the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
              From a recruiting standpoint, what date is the drop dead date that we must a full time hired Head Coach on board to even think about signing a quality recruit?
              With the special transfer rules this year, I don't see being in a rush. The right coach will get transfers in. The wrong coach will get nothing in

Comment

• I think we can forget the incident at BG. Jans patted a woman on the butt in a bar. Then he said some unkind words when someone sitting at a table complained and filmed the incident. the woman who got the pat on the butt apparently never complained. There have no reported incidents since. I think 7 years without a repeat of patting a woman on the butt in a bar is pretty solid evidence that a lesson has been learned.

I was in the "to this point" favoring Brown until the Memphis game. Sometimes shots stop falling when players realize their game plan is totally ineffective.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I think we can forget the incident at BG. Jans patted a woman on the butt in a bar. Then he said some unkind words when someone sitting at a table complained and filmed the incident. the woman who got the pat on the butt apparently never complained. There have no reported incidents since. I think 7 years without a repeat of patting a woman on the butt in a bar is pretty solid evidence that a lesson has been learned.

I was in the "to this point" favoring Brown until the Memphis game. Sometimes shots stop falling when players realize their game plan is totally ineffective.
                  Jans is not without his reputation here in Wichita too. While I would support his hiring, I would suggest there be a strongly worded morals clause in his contract.

Comment

• Would the risk of losing a million dollar a year salary at a high profile basketball program prevent any future butt patting??? One would think so. Wouldaya think Boatright???
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Would the risk of losing a million dollar a year salary at a high profile basketball program prevent any future butt patting??? One would think so. Wouldaya think Boatright???
                      I think embarassment on social media is probably enough to prevent future butt patting

Comment

• Also pretty sure there's a morals clause in every contract
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          I think we can forget the incident at BG. Jans patted a woman on the butt in a bar. Then he said some unkind words when someone sitting at a table complained and filmed the incident. the woman who got the pat on the butt apparently never complained. There have no reported incidents since. I think 7 years without a repeat of patting a woman on the butt in a bar is pretty solid evidence that a lesson has been learned.

I still have to chuckle at any "parent" that brings their young daughter to a bar situation should complain about "moral indignity" of a man patting the tush of a non-offended women. Not at all condoning what Jans did, just not sure the parents had any high moral ground to stand on to have that given attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I still have to chuckle at any "parent" that brings their young daughter to a bar situation should complain about "moral indignity" of a man patting the tush of a non-offended women. Not at all condoning what Jans did, just not sure the parents had any high moral ground to stand on to have that given attitude.
                            As a father of 6 daughters, all young to me but old enough to drink, I find it pretty weak to suggest that a parent at a bar with their legal age daughter cannot complain about what they see when someone pats their butt uninvited. I know I may have done more than phone record it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

As a father of 6 daughters, all young to me but old enough to drink, I find it pretty weak to suggest that a parent at a bar with their legal age daughter cannot complain about what they see when someone pats their butt uninvited. I know I may have done more than phone record it.
                              You have 6 daughters??? Man, you deserve to be at a bar every night.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

I would never take my daughter, either young (which I believe was case here) to a bar (which I never did) or one of drinking age (18-21) that would not have the knowledge/understanding that things happen at bar that do not in a restaurant. Would I say something? Maybe. Would I go to the extent they did? NO. I would have to consider that I have put myself and family in a position where people are drinking and when people drink, things happen. Call it a life lesson.

By the way, it may have been "uninvited", but it was apparently not at all disturbing to the woman who was patted. I would have had no way of knowing how well (or not) they knew each other. My "nose" does not belong there.

Comment

Working...
                                X