X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winthrop now 16-0....the irony

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Ok; you kinda got my dander up. Two things: 1. do you know that this was an underage minor he harassed? I've not seen that fact anywhere. 2. This is at best harassment and at worst molestation. If one of MY daughters were harassed OR molested, I PROMISE you I would not say, "Well, you're in a bar. What did you expect?" Knowing bars are more likely to have drunks does NOT IN ANY WAY excuse the drunkard's behavior or allow for unchallenged harassment or molestation. And I hope your daughters OF ALL AGES know this.

Also, you may want to speak to your daughters about challenging someone in a bar. Many feel incredibly intimidated when an adult male acts this way, to a point where they do not respond the way you might "expect".
      Maybe the girl gave him a little invitation of sorts, maybe during a dance ????
      I don't know the specifics of the event, but remember rodney king? That cop looked pretty bad too. Until the full feature film of the event was released.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Don’t you realize? Everybody here at Shockernet is perfect.
        And special

Comment

• Reading this thread the last couple of days I'd say WSU deserves Scott Thompson or Mike Cohen.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Maybe the girl gave him a little invitation of sorts, maybe during a dance ????
            I don't know the specifics of the event, but remember rodney king? That cop looked pretty bad too. Until the full feature film of the event was released.
            You're kidding, right? HE'S MARRIED.

Comment

You're kidding, right? HE'S MARRIED.
              Then that would just make him a dick, not someone guilty of assault.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Then that would just make him a dick, not someone guilty of assault.
                I don't know about that. If the lady who was touched wanted to press charges, I suspect Bowling Green would've paid out quite a bit in court. BG did the right thing. Apparently so has CJ since the incident. I'd give him a second chance, as I've said before. Dickhea#s can change.

Comment

I don't know about that. If the lady who was touched wanted to press charges, I suspect Bowling Green would've paid out quite a bit in court. BG did the right thing. Apparently so has CJ since the incident. I'd give him a second chance, as I've said before. Dickhea#s can change.
                  You’re response to the guy that said maybe he was invited to do it was: ”HE’S MARRIED”

My counter to that was: if she invited him to do it, then legally it should matter if he’s married or not.

The family that filmed him and turned him in decided to play moral police and make sure they got their way and for everyone to know their views were the correct ones. (At least that’s how it looks from a distant outsiders perspective)
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

You’re response to the guy that said maybe he was invited to do it was: ”HE’S MARRIED”

My counter to that was: if she invited him to do it, then legally it should matter if he’s married or not.

The family that filmed him and turned him in decided to play moral police and make sure they got their way and for everyone to know their views were the correct ones. (At least that’s how it looks from a distant outsiders perspective)
                    You're right. Being married doesn't equal assault.

Comment

• Keep in mind that WSU already hired CJ back after this incident plus CJ and this incident were subject to whatever vetting and investigtion New Mexico State conducted before hiring him. IIRC there, in fact, were concerns among NMSU supporters about this when Chris was hired. From the best I can tell CJ has been excellent in allaying those fears and his conduct has been very good since that time. Given that, I find it hard to believe this indicident would be an impediment to hiring him again absent any evidence of continuing misconduct on CJ's part since that time.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 29, 2021, 05:15 PM. Reason: it ,

Comment

• You bring up a good point when considering that we hired him previously. Was Boatright involved in that decision? Was he reluctant but overridden by fHCGM? If he agreed then, what is behind any reluctance now?

Comment

You bring up a good point when considering that we hired him previously. Was Boatright involved in that decision? Was he reluctant but overridden by fHCGM? If he agreed then, what is behind any reluctance now?
                          Possible reluctance would be he trusted 3G to keep Jans in line, or that Jans being in a more behind the scenes role, wouldn't merit the same scrutiny in hiring as if he were the head man.

With that said, this should be a non issue and has been since shortly after the night in question so many years ago. He has been a respectable member of the communities he's lived it, been successful on and off the court and shown he can lead a program with success.

It should be a non issue.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Possible reluctance would be he trusted 3G to keep Jans in line, or that Jans being in a more behind the scenes role, wouldn't merit the same scrutiny in hiring as if he were the head man.

With that said, this should be a non issue and has been since shortly after the night in question so many years ago. He has been a respectable member of the communities he's lived it, been successful on and off the court and shown he can lead a program with success.

This

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Agree. Just curious why some say Boatright wouldn't hire him now but (maybe) ok'd it then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

With the special transfer rules this year, I don't see being in a rush. The right coach will get transfers in. The wrong coach will get nothing in
                                I believe they delayed that vote. So it might not happen for next year anymore.

https://www.foxsports.com/midwest/st...ictions-011121

Also doesn't mean they won't just approve every waiver anyways though.

Comment

Working...
                                X