• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Chris Jans get the call though?

That is the $64,000 question.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

A "players coach" and a team which had its back to the wall at the beginning of the season which probably led to a pretty high state of motivation before the 8 day break. After a week of feeling good about being # 2 in the AAC, both players and staff ran into another team which in turn had its back to the wall... plus that team had more talent. Maybe should have seen it coming.
      No s***. Who's really surprised by this outcome? That Memphis team could beat a lot D1 squads.

But yes, this is the worst the Shocks have looked in a long time. I remember way long ago, in the Winter 2020, that the Shocks were down at halftime 38-18 on the road at Houston (and it wasn't even that close), and it got worse from there. I think they broke 43 by the end of the game if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Will Chris Jans get the call though?

That is the $64,000 question.
        Is Boatright a GGG supporter, privately as well as publicly? Serious question.

Comment

• Why does Boatright still have a job?

And has anyone seen or heard him lately? Maybe they did axe him quietly.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

No s***. Who's really surprised by this outcome? That Memphis team could beat a lot D1 squads.
            I was surprised by how bad we played against a team who didn't look very good either. Memphis has talent but they aren't very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Is Boatright a GGG supporter, privately as well as publicly? Serious question.
              Rumor has it that Boatright is NOT a Jans supporter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Why does Boatright still have a job?

And has anyone seen or heard him lately? Maybe they did axe him quietly.
                We have no president. Boatright is safe for at least another year.

If he doesn't reach out to Jans though, it's cause to be let go.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Rumor has it that Boatright is NOT a Jans supporter.
                  That’s not a rumor.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

That’s not a rumor.
                    Meaning that's false info or known reality?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Meaning that's false info or known reality?
                      Known reality
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Lon Kruger likes job jumping.

Maybe WSU could convince home to come back to his home state.

Not a likely outcome, but better than a lot of them out there.
                        The Assman

Comment

• I'd rather have Jans than Boatright. I agree that if he doesn't test the water with Jans he needs to go.

Comment

Known reality
                            So he told you that? You sound like it’s been documented somewhere but I’ve not seen it.

There is no secret that more than one person thought that CJ screwed up at BG, but that was more 6-7 years ago, and CJ owned up to it when he came back to Wichita, and then went to NMSU. I would be surprised if he didn’t own up to it with DB, and probably our late President, and proved himself in the meantime.
                            Last edited by Shockm; January 23, 2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Known reality
                              yup

Comment

• Boatright was controlled by 3G. Perhaps he wants to make sure he doesn’t hire another coach that has more power than him. He might be intimidated by Jans’ popularity among WSU supporters. Just spitballing.

Comment

Working...
                                X