No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf is happening in this thread lol. We are 2nd place in the AAC and we don't have a coach. No sentiment change should have occurred after Thursday's result. Expectations were for zero wins this year. We are ecstatic with the results thus far. He can lose two more in a row and we are still ecstatic...

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      He can lose two more in a row and we are still ecstatic...
      Yeah, 7th place will look real fine!

And IB will be looking for another job at the end of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Yeah, 7th place will look real fine!

And IB will be looking for another job at the end of the season.

Well... 7th place is where we were picked WITH Marshall at the helm.

Not saying he gets the job with a 7th place finish either.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Wtf is happening in this thread lol. We are 2nd place in the AAC and we don't have a coach. No sentiment change should have occurred after Thursday's result. Expectations were for zero wins this year. We are ecstatic with the results thus far. He can lose two more in a row and we are still ecstatic...
          Ugh - No. Cold are you there? Get your attitude back. Come on man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Boatright was controlled by 3G. Perhaps he wants to make sure he doesn’t hire another coach that has more power than him. He might be intimidated by Jans’ popularity among WSU supporters. Just spitballing.
            Apples to oranges Dan. GM had just won a F4 a year or two before DB. He had the unlimited assistance of CK at that time. CJ isn't in that category and doesn't have the alpha personality of GM. He's competitive but not to that level, especially off the court.

Comment

• Jans no call; Boatright no job.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Rumor has it that Boatright is NOT a Jans supporter.
                Another strike on the Boatright resume. If he effs this up before he eventually gets axed, he’ll have he’ll to pay.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Boatright was controlled by 3G. Perhaps he wants to make sure he doesn’t hire another coach that has more power than him. He might be intimidated by Jans’ popularity among WSU supporters. Just spitballing.
                  If Boatright is going to hire a coach that has less power at the University and in Wichita than Boatright has, we're screwed. And not just a little. I hate to use KU as an example, but it's worth noting that Bill Self was on the search committee when KU hired their current AD.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• From a recruiting standpoint, what date is the drop dead date that we must a full time hired Head Coach on board to even think about signing a quality recruit?

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                      From a recruiting standpoint, what date is the drop dead date that we must a full time hired Head Coach on board to even think about signing a quality recruit?
                      Good question, because we're behind 1 year in that area now (what you see is what you get, maybe...). I'd hate to see it be 2. A Coach with good connections is imperative now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        From a recruiting standpoint, what date is the drop dead date that we must a full time hired Head Coach on board to even think about signing a quality recruit?
                        FWIW, the signing period begins April 14, so the answer for you might be by April 1.

My better answer would be the day after New Mexico State plays its final game.

78-65

Comment

• Let's keep in mind that Jans has been recruiting the best he can get at NM St. He has not been recruiting what I would consider AAC/WSU level players. So, he would be starting over in his recruiting wars for those players. In no way does this mean I'm not for Jans, but we should temper our thinking on who he would immediately be able to bring in and who he has already built relationships with in his recruiting processes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Let's keep in mind that Jans has been recruiting the best he can get at NM St. He has not been recruiting what I would consider AAC/WSU level players. So, he would be starting over in his recruiting wars for those players. In no way does this mean I'm not for Jans, but we should temper our thinking on who he would immediately be able to bring in and who he has already built relationships with in his recruiting processes.
                            Not 100% true. Coaches often make connections with players before they blow up and are elevated above a NMSU. Those connections would still exist and being promoted to the AAC could possibly get him back in the door with some of those recruits. So we wouldn't necessarily be starting from scratch. Plus I'm sure there are some players who were considering WSU that just might be open to us again after talking to Jans.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Not 100% true. Coaches often make connections with players before they blow up and are elevated above a NMSU. Those connections would still exist and being promoted to the AAC could possibly get him back in the door with some of those recruits. So we wouldn't necessarily be starting from scratch. Plus I'm sure there are some players who were considering WSU that just might be open to us again after talking to Jans.
                              Totally agree with this statement. However, I'll stand by my statement of tempering our thinking of who all he would immediately bring in. Just not sure how much the recruiting trails cross between WSU and NM St. The AAC is in the top 20-25% while the WAC is in the bottom 30%.

Add: I would also agree that he could help close the deal on players we currently have relationships with.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

yup
                                Nope!
                                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                                X