No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought this should be placed in this thread also. Embarrassing.

Comment

• Three different posts saying the same thing. Really? Shockernet has been talking about our rebounding woes all year in multiple threads. Shockm has posted the exact same or similar stats several times. This should come as no surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Three different posts saying the same thing. Really? Shockernet has been talking about our rebounding woes all year in multiple threads. Shockm has posted the exact same or similar stats several times. This should come as no surprise.
        It’s a pretty big stat, is it not? Especially given the previous history this program has had with rebounding.

Its kind of a big deal.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          Three different posts saying the same thing. Really? Shockernet has been talking about our rebounding woes all year in multiple threads. Shockm has posted the exact same or similar stats several times. This should come as no surprise.
          So, if we were losing every game, would that not be a big topic on multiple threads?

Going from one of the best rebounding programs in the country, for over a decade, to one of the worst in the country in just one season, is quite a huge difference.

Not something to just be shrugged off, IMO.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

So, if we were losing every game, would that not be a big topic on multiple threads?

Going from one of the best rebounding programs in the country, for over a decade, to one of the worst in the country in just one season, is quite a huge difference.

Not something to just be shrugged off, IMO.
            I’m not shrugging it off at all. In fact, I’ve made more than a few posts about rebounding.

My point is, if you’re actually reading what’s being posted here this shouldn’t be some big surprise.

Comment

• 324 surprised me.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                324 surprised me.
                Right.

My eyeballs told me the Shox were a worse rebounding team this season.

I didn’t know they were THAT worse..
                The Assman

Comment

• My big “Shock” would be if WSU wanted all those players back next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    324 surprised me.
                    Perhaps the result of our nicer, more gentle form of Play Angry?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Yep. We had a good season going until Coop got hurt.
                      We were 4-4 going into the Tennessee game where Coop was undercut.

Losses to a ****ing Ivy League team (Dartmouth) by 11, 21st ranked Georgia throttled us by 30+, Utah by FORTY + and ****ing SWMO that wasn't good enough to be in the shitty Valley yet.

They beat Delaware State at home, @ Drake and somehow #12 Alabama and OSU at home. They played 2/3 of the season without their best player and finished 14-17 after getting their doors blown off in St Louis (maybe the first season there?) by a Tulsa team they beat twice in the regular season, both times without Coop.

If we weren't the worst coached and least disciplined team in the country, God help the school that was worse. In addition to being an idiot and an incompetent head coach, Cohen allowed the kids that were trouble to run amok. It was freaking AWFUL and embarrassing to support the program then.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Play Politely Annoyed?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Aka Dawgs Gonna Dawg.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Play Politely Annoyed?
                            Play irritated?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Play irritated?
                              That seems a little aggressive
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Right.

My eyeballs told me the Shox were a worse rebounding team this season.

I didn’t know they were THAT worse..
                                Last year (2020) WSU finished tied for 27th nationally in team rebounds at 39.3 per game. Thus far this year they are tied for 30th (updated to 15 games) at 39.7 per game (actually more boards per game). Here are some team rebounding stats from the last 5 years:

2019: Tied for 57th at 37.8.
                                2018: Tied for 9th at 40.5.
                                2017: Tied for 5th at 40.8.
                                2016: Tied for 99th at 37.5 (Play-in)
                                2015: Tied for 104th at 35.6 (The year we beat the ChickenHawks).

Reference: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../stat/rebounds

Comment

Working...
                                X