Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I would never take my daughter, either young (which I believe was case here) to a bar (which I never did) or one of drinking age (18-21) that would not have the knowledge/understanding that things happen at bar that do not in a restaurant. Would I say something? Maybe. Would I go to the extent they did? NO. I would have to consider that I have put myself and family in a position where people are drinking and when people drink, things happen. Call it a life lesson.

By the way, it may have been "uninvited", but it was apparently not at all disturbing to the woman who was patted. I would have had no way of knowing how well (or not) they knew each other. My "nose" does not belong there.
    Ok; you kinda got my dander up. Two things: 1. do you know that this was an underage minor he harassed? I've not seen that fact anywhere. 2. This is at best harassment and at worst molestation. If one of MY daughters were harassed OR molested, I PROMISE you I would not say, "Well, you're in a bar. What did you expect?" Knowing bars are more likely to have drunks does NOT IN ANY WAY excuse the drunkard's behavior or allow for unchallenged harassment or molestation. And I hope your daughters OF ALL AGES know this.

Also, you may want to speak to your daughters about challenging someone in a bar. Many feel incredibly intimidated when an adult male acts this way, to a point where they do not respond the way you might "expect".

Comment

• Having said all this, I do think he's permitted a mea culpa for his actions. I'd welcome him as a coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Ok; you kinda got my dander up. Two things: 1. do you know that this was an underage minor he harassed? I've not seen that fact anywhere. 2. This is at best harassment and at worst molestation. If one of MY daughters were harassed OR molested, I PROMISE you I would not say, "Well, you're in a bar. What did you expect?" Knowing bars are more likely to have drunks does NOT IN ANY WAY excuse the drunkard's behavior or allow for unchallenged harassment or molestation. And I hope your daughters OF ALL AGES know this.

Also, you may want to speak to your daughters about challenging someone in a bar. Many feel incredibly intimidated when an adult male acts this way, to a point where they do not respond the way you might "expect".
        I am really confused, sorry. My understanding is he did NOT touch the couple's daughter. If he had, I would assume jail time. It was another adult female who was standing/walking around the coaches' table.

Comment

I am really confused, sorry. My understanding is he did NOT touch the couple's daughter. If he had, I would assume jail time. It was another adult female who was standing/walking around the coaches' table.
          Ok; you may be right. I have not investigated all the relationships involved. But, he did act inappropriately. And, it appears he has made amends. I'd give him a second chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

You have 6 daughters??? Man, you deserve to be at a bar every night.
            My wife and I didn't drink much when they were growing up; we're making up for lost time now! LOL! Yep; 6 girls and 2 boys. When we all get together with spouses/grandchildren it makes 22.

Comment

• Maybe we should just avoid discussing this if we don’t know the facts since some people will assume what they read here is accurate and repeat it.

Comment

• I am so over the topic of Chris's bad night at BG.

I hope you all realize that Chris will literally be paying (figuratively and literally) for his mistake for the rest of his coaching career, if not his life. That incident continues to cost him money. I have zero doubt that if that incident didn't happen, he would be coaching at a P5 school right now, making seven figures. Instead, he is coaching at New Mexico State (albeit in a great situation for him and Sheri). Even if he gets the Duke job next season making $5 million a year (exaggeration but work with me here), he will never get back the opportunity to earn back the money that he could have been making from 2015-16 season to now. Doc and I were talking the other night, and he made the point that by the time CJ's career is over, his career earnings could be even $10 million less than it would have been had he not had that episode.

Should that incident be taken in consideration when deciding whether or not to hire him? Okay fine. Do your due diligence. If there is evidence that he continues to bar hop every night and pat women not named Sheri Jans on the butt, then sure, he has problems worse than not getting hired as WSU's coach. That said, if further follow-up shows no such problems, then I would hire him without losing a wink of sleep. There is no need to continue punishing him because of that single incident.
                78-65

Comment

• Don’t you realize? Everybody here at Shockernet is perfect.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Don’t you realize? Everybody here at Shockernet is perfect.
                    I'm the exception to that rule.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• So since we are “over it” wouldn’t it be wise to not pop in a couple long paragraphs twice a day about what we don’t need to talk about cause we’re over it?

Comment

• Let's just go with Jans is the man. He can recruit. He can coach (X's and O's). He can motivate. He has the right attitude/demeanor for Wichita. He preaches toughness and defense. He's probably a little more flexible than 3G, but that's only a hunch I have and it's not a bad thing. He has experience, and successful experience at that.

With that all said, I have little faith that Boatright will make the call. And as I've said before, that's an offense worth being dismissed for.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out what this guy has to do with the Jans conversation:

Capture.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            I'm still trying to figure out what this guy has to do with the Jans conversation:

Capture.JPG
                            Where did you find him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Where did you find him?
                              Google my friend.

Comment

I still have to chuckle at any "parent" that brings their young daughter to a bar situation should complain about "moral indignity" of a man patting the tush of a non-offended women. Not at all condoning what Jans did, just not sure the parents had any high moral ground to stand on to have that given attitude.
                                Now that it you put it that way ...
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X