Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    If Adrian Griffin wants the job as much as that tweet says he does, I think it's a no brainer. You take Griffin. He checks all the boxes except head coaching experience.

Local ties.
    NBA ties - kids these days want NBA cred, that would help with recruiting. Adrian has been there, done that.
    NBA experience - this is where the trends are set. I get that college is a different game, but it's trending toward the 1 on 1 and matchup exploitation scheme that is the NBA. How many times have players gone off against us? it's because those coaches are able to put their strong players in a position to be good. That's what the NBA has been doing for years. Adrian would be able to bring that to the coaching game.
    He has sons that are in the game. He knows what is going on, he's in it. His kids are in it. He can relate. I'm not saying GM couldn't because he didn't have that, but it's one thing to have kids that are the same age as your recruits, it's another to have kids that are in the identical atmosphere as the guys you will be recruiting and know both sides of the coin.

And it just feels more exciting. It feels like more of the gamble or risk with the higher upside. Even if he comes in and bombs (which no one can predict) wouldn't you rather take the chance that he comes in and kills it and ride that train? I know I would.

We lost out on him coming here as a player and it was a mistake. Maybe we are getting a 2nd chance to fix that error.
    I"m not saying I'm against hiring an NBA coach. However, Evansville hired a head coach from the NBA ranks who was never a head coach a couple of years ago. How'd that work for them? I think he was from Evansville before his college days too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Evansville hired a head coach from the NBA ranks who was never a head coach a couple of years ago. How'd that work for them?
      ? Are you implying that Adrian Griffin would also develop sexual relations with a student? Lol call me crazy but I think that’s a scenario in it’s own category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Gonna disagree there. We have a perfectly capable interim coach in Isaac Brown. We do NOT have to backfill right away. This year very well could be an "interview" for Isaac. If he overperforms, Make him head coach, if he doesn't, hire someone in the spring. I think even the best head coaches wouldn't want their first year to start 2 weeks before a season. Almost zero chance of implementing your system.
        Meh. This will be Cohen 2.0 with the Marshall baggage.

Comment

• JFC, Chris Lilly is reporting that Danny Manning has been reached out to.

No.

God no.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
              JFC, Chris Lilly is reporting that Danny Manning has been reached out to.

No.

God no.
              2020 strikes again

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm not saying I'm against hiring an NBA coach. However, Evansville hired a head coach from the NBA ranks who was never a head coach a couple of years ago. How'd that work for them? I think he was from Evansville before his college days too.
                I'm not sure if you're example proves your point. McCarthy was 9-4 in his second season w/ Evansville. That included a win at Rupp Arena against Kentucky! His firing had nothing to do with his coaching ability, he just couldn't keep it in his pants.

Comment

No.

God no.
                  His crowning achievement was making the NCAA's as a play in team at Tulsa when he had like 35 seniors on the roster. No thanks.

Comment

• Danny Manning has a losing record as a head coach. Come on, man.

Comment

• What's the deal with Greg Heiar? Seems like he was instrumental in some of our better recruits and has good experience under 3G and others. From what I heard, he got into a spat with Marshall about salary and left for LSU. Not sure it would be fair to Isaac Brown to bring him in as the HC, when IB has also paid his dues, but GH doesn't get much run here.

Comment

• If there was ever a time to get the coach and son combo...

Adrian Griffin Jr. is a 6-4, 160-pound Shooting Guard from White Plains, NY.

Comment

• AG would be a very good choice, IMO, especially looking at the options of who could come in immediately.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

No.

God no.
                            I find this all hard to believe - especially when no formal announcement that Marshall has actually out of the job.

But, If this is true, WSU just going down the list of coaches out of a job right now. This will end badly. This bodes well for baseball. WSU fans will be wanting to find some program that is capable of winning, and with basketball entering the abyss, all the energy will move to baseball.

Comment

• While I like the prospect of Griffin there would be these allegations to deal with. Not sure timing and circumstances would be in his favor.

Comment

• If DM was ONLY for this season, it could be worse.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X