• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    NDSU had KU beaten until the ref's stepped up late in the 2nd half
    Amazing how often that happens.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
        Heard coach Jans would love the opportunity and would retire here. I believed the person who said it.
        Sign me up!
        My guess is Jans wouldn't retire here if he were offered either one of the top two coaching gigs in his home state. But at this point, Jans would still be my top choice if IB doesn't work out.
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post

My guess is Jans wouldn't retire here if he were offered either one of the top two coaching gigs in his home state. But at this point, Jans would still be my top choice if IB doesn't work out.
          You will have to explain to me why you think he would jump from WSU. I see 2 scenarios: 1) One of them may hire him BEFORE we do. 2) If he does well enough here first for them to try to get him, he might have to take a pay cut for it to happen.

Comment

• What is his home state?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              What is his home state?
              The Hawkeye State
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

The Hawkeye State
                So he has three options, I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

So he has three options, I suppose.
                  1c237m.jpg

Comment

• I might have posted this before, but here’s my play; After one year, WSU pulls a Red Sox-Alex Cora move and re-hire 3Gs.

The new president and AD have no ties to the previous transgressions. Give Marshall a fresh start.

If IB takes WSU to a F4, I might execute my right to change my opinion.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      I might have posted this before, but here’s my play; After one year, WSU pulls a Red Sox-Alex Cora move and re-hire 3Gs.

The new president and AD have no ties to the previous transgressions. Give Marshall a fresh start.

Ollie won a natty
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I might have posted this before, but here’s my play; After one year, WSU pulls a Red Sox-Alex Cora move and re-hire 3Gs.

Yep. Exactly what I was thinking a couple months ago. Fire the head coach. Do the coaching search for a year. And then hire head coach Gregg Marshall.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Don’t mean to be disrespectful here, but there’s absolutely no way something like that will happen. For many reasons.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Don’t mean to be disrespectful here, but there’s absolutely no way something like that will happen. For many reasons.
                            ...the first of which being that Gregg can’t pursue a job at WSU during his severance period, though I suppose getting a job could technically just cancel out severance payments.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

...the first of which being that Gregg can’t pursue a job at WSU during his severance period, though I suppose getting a job could technically just cancel out severance payments.
                              Big brain move ... Re-hire him .. he violates his own severance agreement .. then fire him again with no severance for violating an agreement. No more payment!

Comment

• I'll add another long shot. Hire Kellen and he adds dad as an assistant.

Comment

Working...
                                X