• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flatlander View Post
    who ever our head coach is we need to support him 100%
    Totally agree. And then hire Jans.

Comment

• CJ picture on ESPN CBB site right now.

Comment

• Personally, I like the style of basketball that WSU played under Marshall. Defense first and last, rebounding, take care of and share the ball, deep roster, relatively even scoring distribution, play smart, and hustle. It’s not like it’s revolutionary or Marshall is the only guy who preaches those things but I think it’s a winning formula with the right coach and players. Chris Jans is the most obvious choice if we want to continue to see a similar style on the court.

That’s not to say other philosophies couldn’t be equally successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          Personally, I like the style of basketball that WSU played under Marshall. Defense first and last, rebounding, take care of and share the ball, deep roster, relatively even scoring distribution, play smart, and hustle. It’s not like it’s revolutionary or Marshall is the only guy who preaches those things but I think it’s a winning formula with the right coach and players. Chris Jans is the most obvious choice if we want to continue to see a similar style on the court.

That’s not to say other philosophies couldn’t be equally successful.
          No matter what coach we have, I really hope he teaches the intimidation aspect. Shocker fans are a blue-collar crowd (similar to hockey) and they enjoy the games a little physical. Suburban horse, a la BJ, would be a tough pill to swallow. Not as rough as SIU-C, but like you said, Gregg Marshall style basketball.........

Comment

• I think you start courting Jans ASAP

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
              I think you start courting Jans ASAP
              If I were being totally honest, I would guess that Jans is cut from the same cloth as Marshall with respect to how he runs his practices. That may be a big road block. Marshall v. 2.0. Of course the fans are on board with that.

Comment

• Heard coach Jans would love the opportunity and would retire here. I believed the person who said it.
                Sign me up!

Comment

• The only time I've ever seen Jans in the role of head coach was when he visited Kansas. If anything he looked more connected to his NMSU team than Marshall to his WSU teams. I'm thinking Jans may be blue collar, but blue collar in a different way. I was impressed with the way he handled himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

No matter what coach we have, I really hope he teaches the intimidation aspect. Shocker fans are a blue-collar crowd (similar to hockey) and they enjoy the games a little physical. Suburban horse, a la BJ, would be a tough pill to swallow. Not as rough as SIU-C, but like you said, Gregg Marshall style basketball.........

I watched about 20 minutes of the Creighton vs KU game and I was surprised by Creighton’s physicality and athleticism. Didn’t look much like the Valley era/early Big East type teams I remember. Big guy in the middle for KU still prob got the better of them but it was a fight at times.

Comment

If I were being totally honest, I would guess that Jans is cut from the same cloth as Marshall with respect to how he runs his practices. That may be a big road block. Marshall v. 2.0. Of course the fans are on board with that.
                      Jans was the buffer between the players and Marshall a lot of the time. Many players have been on record stating this. I’m sure Jans throws some heat in the gym but I doubt it’s similar to Marshall’s in a cut throat way, if that’s what you’re implying.

Not sure there’s a better option than Jans out there.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jans.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I watched about 20 minutes of the Creighton vs KU game and I was surprised by Creighton’s physicality and athleticism. Didn’t look much like the Valley era/early Big East type teams I remember. Big guy in the middle for KU still prob got the better of them but it was a fight at times.
                          You don't say... must be their golden era. Maybe they make the 2nd round of the fake tournament this year. I couldn't tell you a thing about BJ or KlUck - I follow them both equally - which means not at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                            Jans.
                            YES, if he is truly interested and if he is we might get a bargain deal of some sort. Good recruiter and coach. #1 on MY list

Comment

You don't say... must be their golden era. Maybe they make the 2nd round of the fake tournament this year. I couldn't tell you a thing about BJ or KlUck - I follow them both equally - which means not at all.
                              I’ll believe it when I see it.

I definitely don’t “follow” either team.

I’ll catch a BJ game from time to time because they’re usually playing at 10 pm on some obscure channel.

As far as KU goes I usually only tune in if they’re losing and click away as soon as the refs help them regain the lead.

Plus I like to get a sense of what other teams look like so I can gain more perspective for how WSU looks.

Comment

• NDSU had KU beaten until the ref's stepped up late in the 2nd half

Comment

Working...
                                X