Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Who is going to fire him? Interim President Muma? That's a joke. LOL
    How long does it take to fill in a president vacancy? What’s it been now, 7 months?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How long does it take to fill in a president vacancy? What’s it been now, 7 months?
      Are you sure a new President is going to fire someone right away? Unless, there are others who are in the process (big money donors) that he trusts that tell him it needs to be done. In Other Words, he wouldn't listen to you or I so Boatright is going to stay at this time, imo.

Comment

• 7th and 8th are reversed in ESPN's standings, but Jans is having a tough year. Only ahead of Tarleton and Chicago State in the WAC.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ngs/_/group/30
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          7th and 8th are reversed in ESPN's standings, but Jans is having a tough year. Only ahead of Tarleton and Chicago State in the WAC.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ngs/_/group/30
          Who cares? They’ve played like 4 games this year and his track record of success goes way back.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Who cares? They’ve played like 4 games this year and his track record of success goes way back.
            I’m not against Jans at all.... like him a lot... but comparison streets are often two way

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              I’m not against Jans at all.... like him a lot... but comparison streets are often two way
              This... I'm all for getting the best coach ... But the irony of every time WSU doesn't win with enough style points being a resume killer for IB only to call for a coach that is struggling this year ...

Comment

I’ve said since day 1 that we should look at all available options when we hire a coach for next year. I don’t recall seeing anyone say we should 100% no brainer hire Isaac brown either so I’m not sure who this comment is directed towards.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’ve said since day 1 that we should look at all available options when we hire a coach for next year. I don’t recall seeing anyone say we should 100% no brainer hire Isaac brown either so I’m not sure who this comment is directed towards.
                  My point is if IHCIB was in 7th or 8th place in the league( a BETTER league, btw) Brown would already be looking for his next gig, but it looks like Jans would get a pass because of the COVID that Brown would not.... I realize Jans has a good head coach record but circumstances change. I DO agree with all candidates need to be looked at!

Comment

• Jans

Comment

My point is if IHCIB was in 7th or 8th place in the league( a BETTER league, btw) Brown would already be looking for his next gig, but it looks like Jans would get a pass because of the COVID that Brown would not.... I realize Jans has a good head coach record but circumstances change. I DO agree with all candidates need to be looked at!
                      At this point comparing season records to date probably doesn't mean much. Let's see how the season plays out.

However, at least to this point I think IHCIB probably has exceeded most expectations based on the Shocks record at this point. That may or may not continue to be the case 6 weeks from now nor does it mean they won't consider other candidates in any case.

Comment

• Ugh, Lew Hill died in his sleep last night. Awful, tragic.....I do not have words.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Ugh, Lew Hill died in his sleep last night. Awful, tragic.....I do not have words.
                          :(
                          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Ugh, Lew Hill died in his sleep last night. Awful, tragic.....I do not have words.
                            https://myrgv.com/sports/utrgv/2021/...ectedly-at-56/

So, so sad.

Comment

• WuDrWu , I know he played for Gene in his last year as a junior, then for Folger his senior year. However, he missed a year in between, but I don't remember the cause. Do you, or anyone, remember?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                WuDrWu , I know he played for Gene in his last year as a junior, then for Folger his senior year. However, he missed a year in between, but I don't remember the cause. Do you, or anyone, remember?
                                One of the guys got seriously undercut in one of the last few games of the season, breaking his leg. Was that lew?

Comment

Working...
                                X