Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    For any trolls trying to prop up Mark Turgeon as a possibility, I promise you that I adore Mark as much as or more than anyone (outside of his family and closest inner circle), but unless Mark answers affirmatively to the question "Do you truly believe that you can have the Shockers competing for a national title," I don't want him coaching here again.
    Has a former Shocker basketball head coach ever returned to coach the team again in the history of the program?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Has a former Shocker basketball head coach ever returned to coach the team again in the history of the program?
      I believe Mo "Stinky" Frauhm coached from 1897-1899 and then returned after his jail time to coach 1903-1907.
      I may be wrong.

Comment

• Coach Frauhm coached the legendary Willie "Hot Shot" McGavin. Led the nation in scoring with 3 ppg. It was a low scoring affair back then with the underhand style and all.

Comment

• Wasn't Tyrone Shoelace the PG on that team? I may be mis-remembering.

Comment

• Iowa State fan here - some rumblings on our board that Steve Prohm is a candidate for Wichita State. I guess your AD was with him during their time at Murray State.

Sorry if this has been discussed already

Go Cyclones!

Comment

• paWALKrk I’m personally not that interested in Steve Prohm. Maybe that’s an oversight on my part. I’m also not sure why he would leave Iowa State to come to WSU. I don’t mean that as a slight to WSU because I think it’s one of the best jobs in the country but Iowa State seems like a great situation too so I just don’t see what would drive him here unless Iowa State got rid of him.

What do you think so far of Prohm?

My choices for the WSU job are still Beilein, Jans, Matta, or Isaac Brown. I have no idea how realistic any of those are as options and I have no doubt that there are many other talented coaches who could do a great job here.

Comment

• Originally posted by paWALKrk View Post
                Iowa State fan here - some rumblings on our board that Steve Prohm is a candidate for Wichita State. I guess your AD was with him during their time at Murray State.

Go Cyclones!
                There is some history there. Whether he is a candidate or not probably depends on if Buttright is still the AD.

Comment

• Not at all interested in Prohm. Iowa State is now a complete dumpster fire under his watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

There is some history there. Whether he is a candidate or not probably depends on if Buttright is still the AD.
                    Boatright will be making the hire. We won't have a new president until later in the year.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFan11 View Post
                      I actually think Mark Turgeon would be the perfect hire. He's from here, proven he can win here, and likely looking to stay after trying his hand at the Power 5 level. I would love to get Turgeon back in Wichita.

Comment

• If Prohm is hired I’m out until Boatright is gone.

Comment

Iowa State fan here - some rumblings on our board that Steve Prohm is a candidate for Wichita State. I guess your AD was with him during their time at Murray State.

Go Cyclones!
                          it would surprise me if he's not on the short list

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            If Prohm is hired I’m out until Boatright is gone.
                            Same. Would be a colossal fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

agree. I think the belief is Prohm saw McDermott fail at ISU and landed on his feet at Creighton and has built them into a solid program and is hoping for something similar at WSU

Comment

Go Cyclones!
                                Guessing Iowa State fans hoping someone/anyone is interested in him?

Comment

Working...
                                X