Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    Q8 - My guess is LS. Although a wise decision there may have been more to his early departure.

Not to sound smarmy at all, but Shamet signed a $5.7+ million contract to play in the league and in the next 12 months likely will sign another one worth 2 to 20 times as much depending on the length of time. It was an excellent decision to leave, and one that was all but planned for more than a year, and had very little, if anything, to do with his feelings towards HCGM, even if those feelings were negative, and I’m not even hinting they were.

Comment

• Landry always says his decision to come to WSU was to play with Fred. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard him give 3G major props.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not to sound smarmy at all, but Shamet signed a $5.7+ million contract to play in the league and in the next 12 months likely will sign another one worth 2 to 20 times as much depending on the length of time. It was an excellent decision to leave, and one that was all but planned for more than a year, and had very little, if anything, to do with his feelings towards HCGM, even if those feelings were negative, and I’m not even hinting they were.
        I am pretty sure I remember GGG suprised that LS was turning pro. Yes in hind sight it worked out perfectly for him, but still he was thought to be coming back.

There were also rumor floating that there were some issue between LS and McDuffie. There has been way to much drama on this team year after year since the Fred & Ron golden years.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I am pretty sure I remember GGG suprised that LS was turning pro. Yes in hind sight it worked out perfectly for him, but still he was thought to be coming back.

There were also rumor floating that there were some issue between LS and McDuffie. There has been way to much drama on this team year after year since the Fred & Ron golden years.
            I had not heard about the Landry and Mcduffie issues? What did they stem from and why?

Comment

I had heard of some tempers flaring between LS and AR, but not with McDuffie.
              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

After reading my post from last night, yep it was harsh. Too harsh. In fact, i came accross as a total dickhead. Only very frustrated and in a bit of a mood. No matter how this shakes out, I'll still be a diehard Shocker fan, always have been and always will be. I just absolutely hate the fact that all of our dirty laundry is out there for the world to see, and everyone on the interweb to comment on.

If I offended any of my fellow fans on this forum, I sincerely apologize. I'm ready for this saga to be over, either way.
                Love to see this. Hopefully more fans can jump on board with this same way of thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

I had not heard about the Landry and Mcduffie issues? What did they stem from and why?
                  Probably because LS was better than MM and that didn’t sit well with him.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Probably because LS was better than MM and that didn’t sit well with him.
                    Yeah, I think MM thought he should be the guy. What I recall was MM was not going to come back if LS came back. MM sister was pretty vocal on social media also with side-eye comments about MM coming back to WSU. She seemed to indicate he was not happy.

Also there might have been some girl issues.

Comment

Yeah, I think MM thought he should be the guy. What I recall was MM was not going to come back if LS came back. MM sister was pretty vocal on social media also with side-eye comments about MM coming back to WSU. She seemed to indicate he was not happy.

Also there might have been some girl issues.
                      bitches

Comment

• MM was a real talent. Too bad he had to play with all those primadonnas his senior year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Landry always says his decision to come to WSU was to play with Fred. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard him give 3G major props.
                          He gives the program some props in this article - https://www.nba.com/article/2018/06/...draft-prospect - although it's mainly Heiar in the last paragraph giving Marshall the props. There was an article about Heiar recently - https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Ar...eet-148315959/ - and sounds like the players gave Heiar a lot of props.

But who knows anymore if what they've said in articles is actually how they feel. They may have just been saying nice things for the articles. Morris said in an article in 2016 about how he loved OU and wanted to play there and they recruited him as a HS sophomore and junior and backed off his senior year - https://oklahoman.com/article/553037...thing-to-prove - but that "Morris is happy with the way things turned out — he says he loves Wichita State and playing for coach Gregg Marshall."

Some of these guys may have good 2nd careers as salesmen - they may be good at telling people what they want to hear.
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            Devlin's letter and then this seem to be the kickoff of a pr campaign. It was interesting how about 15 minutes after the above tweet, Pat Forde retweeted his article from Tuesday when he was critical of Marshall. I imagine other sportswriters will follow suit to keep any negative stories out there.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Pat Forde wishes he had accomplished 1/4 of the amount that gentlemen like Devlin and Geist has.

I give zero f***s about his opinion for a university or a community he has ZERO ties too.
                              The Assman

Comment

• It's gonna come down to money vs program reputation.

It's likely easier to get the 2nd item back after you lose it.

Comment

Working...
                                X