X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I can't see him admitting any mistakes
    Maybe I cared too much...
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Q8 - My guess is LS. Although a wise decision there may have been more to his early departure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post

My final tidbits.

1. These are the exact two scenarios being considered.
        2. The allegations are all true. There is some disagreement on how exactly he struck Shaq, but pretty much all we have read has high validity to it.
        3. GM's second angry denial was a message to the athletic department he will fight them if they try and go with option 1.
        4. Here is the kicker in all of this: The athletic department was aware of most allegations years ago when they happened and chose to do nothing. This puts them in a very tough spot now. GM was essentially given huge leeway on everything in exchange for wins.
        5. GM is a good person. There are 1000s of positive stories about him. However, when he loses his temper with somebody on his s**t list he goes overboard big time.
        6. I told you a few days ago who brought this to the attention of the former University president. Her denials are comical.
        7. People that have not spoken up do not want to add fuel to the fire. Most of them have a very positive opinion of GM overall.
        8. One well known player who has not spoken up cannot stand GM.
        9. This should all wrap up fairly soon.
        If they let his outbursts slide years ago, no way they can fire him for them now. Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post

Why are you here? You are so out of touch it is embarrassing you post words on this board. And I'm not even talking about in reference to GM. That just tips the scale even further. 78-65 pal.
          I agree, no need to belittle anyone at this point. I hope GM has learned one lesson from all of this. Attitude is everything. If they don't have the desired attitude and work ethics, send them back to wherever they came from. Oregon, oklahoma city, africa or where ever they call home

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post

My final tidbits.

4. Here is the kicker in all of this: The athletic department was aware of most allegations years ago when they happened and chose to do nothing. This puts them in a very tough spot now. GM was essentially given huge leeway on everything in exchange for wins.
            The person who might get fired is the AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He's a complete and total coward. He will not be part of the Aftershocks ever again. Remember the reception given to Austin at Intrust? Nothing compared to if Shaq came back. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's true.
              The last few weeks of allegations made public by the media has me re-evaluating AR's time at WSU. I remember a comment being made he was looking for a more "player friendly" coach when he was searching for a new school. I refuse to rush to judgement on any of this, but I will say that in light of the allegations, it makes me question the established narrative of his departure. Its possible he deserved to be booed, or conversely, he might deserve a standing ovation. IMO, your post is harsh, but neither you nor I have yet to see the any of the truth to AR, HCGM, SM, or anyone else. Although none of us are privy to all sides of the arguments, it appears that you have cast your vote in the jury of public opinion. I suggest everyone take a deep breath, sit back and wait for impartial sources to release information before snapping to a rash judgement.

Scene from the Big Lewbowski where the Dude explains that new shit has come to light, man

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

The last few weeks of allegations made public by the media has me re-evaluating AR's time at WSU. I remember a comment being made he was looking for a more "player friendly" coach when he was searching for a new school. I refuse to rush to judgement on any of this, but I will say that in light of the allegations, it makes me question the established narrative of his departure. Its possible he deserved to be booed, or conversely, he might deserve a standing ovation. IMO, your post is harsh, but neither you nor I have yet to see the any of the truth to AR, HCGM, SM, or anyone else. Although none of us are privy to all sides of the arguments, it appears that you have cast your vote in the jury of public opinion. I suggest everyone take a deep breath, sit back and wait for impartial sources to release information before snapping to a rash judgement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVmpJaMffM
                After reading my post from last night, yep it was harsh. Too harsh. In fact, i came accross as a total dickhead. Only very frustrated and in a bit of a mood. No matter how this shakes out, I'll still be a diehard Shocker fan, always have been and always will be. I just absolutely hate the fact that all of our dirty laundry is out there for the world to see, and everyone on the interweb to comment on.

If I offended any of my fellow fans on this forum, I sincerely apologize. I'm ready for this saga to be over, either way.

Comment

• Someone hold me. I'm scared.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Someone hold me. I'm scared.
                    Ha! You remind me of an Old Salt I sailed with. Similar kind of humor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Someone hold me. I'm scared.
                      Wednesday.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

After reading my post from last night, yep it was harsh. Too harsh. In fact, i came accross as a total dickhead. Only very frustrated and in a bit of a mood. No matter how this shakes out, I'll still be a diehard Shocker fan, always have been and always will be. I just absolutely hate the fact that all of our dirty laundry is out there for the world to see, and everyone on the interweb to comment on.

If I offended any of my fellow fans on this forum, I sincerely apologize. I'm ready for this saga to be over, either way.
                        I would guess all of us wish it over soon. I believe this is not a case of who wins and who loses. I see the scenario where the winner is the one who loses the least. I was not even slightly offended so no opology is necessary. Passion is an intense emotion. I would guess that most SN'ers are passionate fans and on the rare occasion, those emotions take us in directions we should avoid. My suggestion for everyone to take a deep breath applies to everyone including myself. It will all shake out....some good, some bad. I think the best we collectively can do at this point is to rise above the accusations and let the investigation it sort itself out. Once innocence or guilt is established, let the court of public opinion serve its justice. When she does serve justice, I guarantee it will be a split decision.
                        Last edited by Wooglin; October 23, 2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          Q8 - My guess is LS. Although a wise decision there may have been more to his early departure.
                          My guess is that you are right

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

My guess is that you are right
                            Makes sense. He and Shaq were the locker room leaders of the team that hated Marshall.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• This is ALL "political". Every coach in every sport from in all of time has crossed some lines. Don't wanna deal with it anymore????? Cry out....go ahead...today's day is the perfect time to do it. You'll win! Perhaps even in the long run. Perhaps.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The person who might get fired is the AD.
                                I guess that means Fever is gone. I’ve seen ADDB’s face so much on Fever’s avatar I subconsciously keep thinking that they are one in the same. Sorry Fever you brought this upon yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X