Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Just waiting for ANYONE to explain how all the political correctness and left shift in thinking at WSU, from top to bottom, has benefited one single person.

Clearly it's been an unmitigated disaster as a whole, but if you can document a winner, anywhere, I'm interested.
    The Liberal Arts college?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      IDGAF what ******* has to say.

GTFO out of our program.
      ******* can't stop tweeting about it. He got what he wanted, 3G is fired. Now it seems he was just jealous of his salary.

Comment

• If WSU felt the need to give him 7.7 million, then that tells me that the charges against him weren't nearly as bad as the smoke everyone threw out. I don't know what to think, and something tells me we may never see the investigative report as it makes all parties look bad.

Really kinda pisses me off now. If they would have paid him zilch, I would take the university's side. But now....
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
          Final Thoughts:

1. 7.75M payout puts to bed any discussion on if the athletic department knew about this years ago. They did.
          2. The athletic department needs a cleanup. It may not be the first priority, but they have run a loose ship and it caught up to them.
          3. Thank you GM for all did. You returned WSU to national prominence.
          4. Where on earth is WSU going to get the $ to pay GM 1M+ a year and hire another top notch coach at a time where Koch arena will be at partial capacity? I just don't see the $ guys picking up the difference.
          5. Patty Beamer is a cancer. She needs a permanent ban from the basketball team going forward.
          6. 2020 sucks.

Final Tidbit:

The big name who hated GM is Van Fleet. He said he would never donate a single cent to WSU until GM was gone. I do not know what the story is behind the hatred.
          Van Fleet?
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Just waiting for ANYONE to explain how all the political correctness and left shift in thinking at WSU, from top to bottom, has benefited one single person.

Clearly it's been an unmitigated disaster as a whole, but if you can document a winner, anywhere, I'm interested.
            It's the "New Normal'

You've made enough money...

Comment

Well, some people are enjoying feeling superior to everyone else, and the power given to them by simps.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Most of us lose in this scenario. But if I had to name a winner, I'd go with the student athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Weren't the Salem Witch trials kicked off by about 10 teenagers and 20-nothings? There sure were a lot of witnesses at those trials, where they hung a lot of people that ... well ... weren't witches.

A group of scorned teenagers/young adults will sometimes say the darndest things.
                  That is the perfect analogy for this situation. The current age is fertile ground for it too. Nobody knows the complete truth, but for those who revere due process and aren't prone to knee-jerk reactions because of today's climate, this just all feels really off. I really think ******* and the rest of the media had their hands on the scale from the get go and there was really only one, inevitable outcome no matter what the facts were.

Comment

• If the supposed sources about Fred are true...my feelings of him just changed A LOT. Without Marshall (arguable obviously) - is there a chance he doesn't even make the NBA and gets this contract he's about to sign? If he goes to a different - does he play meaningful minutes, does he have success to even get him an NBA look? Does he reach a final four and get himself put on the map? There's not a true answer either way, but that puts a bitter taste in my mouth if that's indeed true.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Rothstein finally weighed in and took the high road.

Class.

Knows how to stay of of the weeds.
                      The Assman

Comment

Really? Does everything have to be political? Does everything have to be the liberal's fault?

You're one of Shockernet's best posters. But this comment is kind of asinine at a time like this.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Every single thing I have shared has been correct this past month. Please share one thing I have shared that has been proven wrong. I was the first to even share with the board that the athletic department knew about all of this when it was happening. If I am not credible to you, please do not read anything I write in the future.
                          And if that's true, it's more on Sexton since he was AD at the time. Not that Boatright didn't know and could have done something the, but it's not totally on him.

Comment

Every single thing I have shared has been correct this past month. Please share one thing I have shared that has been proven wrong. I was the first to even share with the board that the athletic department knew about all of this when it was happening. If I am not credible to you, please do not read anything I write in the future.
                            Nothing you have shared has been a revelation. Nobody close enough to the program to have inside knowledge would misspell Fred’s name.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• WSU is still getting ripped apart for paying him anything ... People don't understand how the real world and contract work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

That is the perfect analogy for this situation. The current age is fertile ground for it too. Nobody knows the complete truth, but for those who revere due process and aren't prone to knee-jerk reactions because of today's climate, this just all feels really off. I really think ******* and the rest of the media had their hands on the scale from the get go and there was really only one, inevitable outcome no matter what the facts were.
                                My HS aged daughter had to read The Crucible this year in her English class for this very reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X