Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

You don't have to punch someone to hold them accountable.
    I'm not defending punching a student but have you ever had a child (late teens or early 20s) that was so rude and disrespectful that you wanted to punch them or slap their face? It takes a lot to get me to that point, but I imagine 3G gets pushed to that point by some of these guys. He spends a lot of time around them and sometimes they just talk back, refuse to participate, etc. No amount of yelling/verbal motivation does anything and you lose your cool. It happens all the time and in many homes across this country. Not saying it's right, but its reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
      I expect if you see him around town you're going to say all these things to his face too, right?
      I don't talk to people I don't have a personal relationship with, about intimate things like this when I see them. If I did know him, I suspect that it wouldn't go well. I have a feeling that Shaq is a personable guy who is easy to like, and would be a friend (thus I don't doubt that other players have complex feelings and thoughts), but just because you like someone, doesn't mean they make great decisions or that you have a personal respect for them. I would fully expect for many players to have complex feelings and a complex relationship with GM. You see, you want to make this an easy black and white issue, and I'm sure it isn't.

However, after 5 years, for SM to be still scarred about this, is not a good look on a man. I already had a child at Shaq's age, and I certainly didn't go back into my past relationships with coaches just like now, I don't go back to my complex relationships with bosses, etc. for people who I felt "screwed" me.

FIVE YEARS is a long time. This isn't PTSD from seeing friends blown up by IED's in Iraq. Shaq needs to move on with his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. The CURRENT WSU assistant coach comes out and bold face lies about Winthrop and you guys get the courage to rip on a kid who got physically and mentally abused by a 50 year old man.

What happened to this place? It's like Phog.net around here but more stupid and racist.
        Wait, you are saying Waterman is lying and went on the record lying? do you have proof for that accusation?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He's a complete and total coward. He will not be part of the Aftershocks ever again. Remember the reception given to Austin at Intrust? Nothing compared to if Shaq came back. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's true.
          The whole schtick wondering why players are hesitant to come forward while remaining anonymous is disingenuous at best. For most these guys basketball is their identity, their world and perhaps their livelihood. There's a good chance they'll risk it all.

Comment

You think someone is PAYING Shaq to get rid of Gregg? Lol wow you guys are hilariously out of touch. It's a mid-major coach. Not Tom Izzo.

Fact: NOBODY CARES ABOUT GREGG MARSHALL ENOUGH TO PAY 40+ GROWN MEN TO LIE ON THE RECORD.
            Many ways to get paid, and I did not attach payment to a specific action. Your reasoning is WAY TO SIMPLE MINDED! Much more nuanced than you are alluding to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I'm not defending punching a student but have you ever had a child (late teens or early 20s) that was so rude and disrespectful that you wanted to punch them or slap their face? It takes a lot to get me to that point, but I imagine 3G gets pushed to that point by some of these guys. He spends a lot of time around them and sometimes they just talk back, refuse to participate, etc. No amount of yelling/verbal motivation does anything and you lose your cool. It happens all the time and in many homes across this country. Not saying it's right, but its reality.
              If HCGM stays, I hope one of the lessons he takes away from this experience is if he ever has a player again that gives him that amount of frustration, he needs to cut them loose sooner. As we say at my firm, hire slow and fire quick.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                XManCometh. I would prefer XManGoeth...away. Do us all a favor and delete your account.

ShockerFever, those are quite possibly the two most embarrassingly juvenile posts I’ve ever seen. Do you have the mental version of Benjamin Buttons disease?

I don’t think there is any need to tear down or disavow Shaq or any other players. I don’t necessarily agree with or like how he’s handled things but I don’t have all the facts and am willing to acknowledge that this is all justified in his mind.

Takes one to know one?

Juvenile response to the juvenile posts that KU fans continue to grace this board with. I’m not sure why a troll like Xman is still allowed to post here. But as he continues with his juvenile trolling, I’ll continue with my responses that fit his shtick.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If you expect less and demand less of young men that is what you will get - same goes for a basketball team

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Takes one to know one?

Juvenile response to the juvenile posts that KU fans continue to grace this board with. I’m not sure why a troll like Xman is still allowed to post here. But as he continues with his juvenile trolling, I’ll continue with my responses that fit his shtick.
                    If he only knew some of what I know about a certain program and coach in the NE part of the state... I will not divulge my source or throw out accusations. That’s where XManC and I differ. My information might be 99% true, but I’m not going to toss it out here or on their message board. If you dig deep enough, you can find dirt on almost anyone. College coaches are a special breed and many of them cross the line at times... they’re human.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I just hope when this is all said and done we find out whether Reaves was shoved by Marshall or his wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                          This is what Morris told ******* in his original story about why now (toward the bottom of the story):

Morris played professionally in Japan last season, and said he “does not love basketball any more because of Gregg Marshall.” Morris chose to go public at this time after hearing stories about Marshall from a current player.

“He (Marshall) is still that guy to me, and that was confirmation,” Morris said. “If we can stop it so it never happens to any other player here at Wichita State University again, that’s my cue to go on the record. … With the insight I have from the current players, they want a change and I want that change for them, for their future and for their well-being. I feel like it should be done now.”

“I’m also doing this for the people in Wichita who want the truth as well,” he added. “I hope that people will support my truth and I know there will be people who don’t.”

Decided to look up some of the articles on the AfterShocks and there's an article from July 2019 (https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...233076022.html) about Morris having lost his mom to cancer 10 days prior and how playing in the tournament was helping him cope. This quote by Morris was interesting:

“Being back around basketball, I can smile a little bit,” Morris said. “I love this game so much and being around here with my basketball family and knowing everyone here supports me means a lot."

Also, there's a good podcast from around the same time - http://www.shockeralumni.org/s/1817/...gid=2&pgid=927 and you have to scroll to the bottom of the page. It's only 15 minutes long and Stutz and Morris talk about their time at school.

But going back to the first article, it's weird he loved the game a lot last summer but now doesn't love it because of Marshall.

I can't help but think of his 'he used me, I used him' quote about his relationship with Marshall from another article. I think he's doing the same with ******* - ******* used him for his article and he used *******. Both are using each other to get what they want, which happens to be the same thing, and that's to get rid of Marshall. It'll be interesting to see how all the parties involved are handling things in a couple years.
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            I just hope when this is all said and done we find out whether Reaves was shoved by Marshall or his wife.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

If he only knew some of what I know about a certain program and coach in the NE part of the state... I will not divulge my source or throw out accusations. That’s where XManC and I differ. My information might be 99% true, but I’m not going to toss it out here or on their message board. If you dig deep enough, you can find dirt on almost anyone. College coaches are a special breed and many of them cross the line at times... they’re human.
                              I don't mind saying it, again. Doug Compton, Dollar Bill's friend and neighbor, is a known bookmaker with KC mob ties, factually has payed KU players in the past and probably still does through his many cash businesses, and is a donor to ku. He's dirty, a criminal, and pays players at Kansas. He was a cheat, is a cheat and always will be a cheat, and he's Self's buddy. #FACTS

Comment

What happened to this place? It's like Phog.net around here.
                                XManCometh probably is Doug Compton. I’m not sure how many KU fans aren’t crooked. I’m sure there are a few but it’s not Bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X