X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

“The answer to all your questions is.... Money!”

- Don Ohlmeyer
    You think someone is PAYING Shaq to get rid of Gregg? Lol wow you guys are hilariously out of touch. It's a mid-major coach. Not Tom Izzo.

Fact: NOBODY CARES ABOUT GREGG MARSHALL ENOUGH TO PAY 40+ GROWN MEN TO LIE ON THE RECORD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      Posted this over in the Coaches search thread after some mentioned it, and thought I'd post it here as well. The link is to the Wichita Eagle's letters to the editor for October 22 and the first one is from Tom Devlin in support of Marshall - https://www.kansas.com/opinion/lette...246609928.html
      Wow. Gregg was super nice to one of the richest men in the city of Wichita? You don't say.... That sure does change things. I honestly thought Gregg would have tried to fight Tom at some point. Surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. The CURRENT WSU assistant coach comes out and bold face lies about Winthrop and you guys get the courage to rip on a kid who got physically and mentally abused by a 50 year old man.

What happened to this place? It's like Phog.net around here but more stupid and racist.
        KU and Bill self suck goat testees.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You think someone is PAYING Shaq to get rid of Gregg? Lol wow you guys are hilariously out of touch. It's a mid-major coach. Not Tom Izzo.

Fact: NOBODY CARES ABOUT GREGG MARSHALL ENOUGH TO PAY 40+ GROWN MEN TO LIE ON THE RECORD.
          KU AND BILL SELF EAT PLATYPUS DICK
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He's a complete and total coward. He will not be part of the Aftershocks ever again. Remember the reception given to Austin at Intrust? Nothing compared to if Shaq came back. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's true.
            You wonder why players may have wanted to stay anonymous? This is why.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

He's a complete and total coward. He will not be part of the Aftershocks ever again. Remember the reception given to Austin at Intrust? Nothing compared to if Shaq came back. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's true.
              He came out publicly, knowing idiots like you are going to have this kind of response, but that makes him a coward? I'm sure its easy to say this kind of stuff about Shaq behind your keyboard and from your seats. I expect if you see him around town you're going to say all these things to his face too, right?

This fan base is embarrassing.

Comment

• I believe SM had a lot of talent when he got here but would have never became as good as he was as a senior
                without a coach like GM and he owes him a debt of gratitude. Credit GM for not kicking his a** off the team early
                on like many coaches would have done and SM could well have ended up like one of those problem players with
                questionable character flaws that most good schools avoid. IMHO had GM kicked him off the team for a cheap shot on
                ZB Mr. Morris would have never achieved the things he did on the court. Don't know what he has achieved since
                but I'd bet it's much more than he would have without GM's guidance.

Comment

Why are you here? You are so out of touch it is embarrassing you post words on this board. And I'm not even talking about in reference to GM. That just tips the scale even further. 78-65 pal.

Comment

• XManCometh. I would prefer XManGoeth...away. Do us all a favor and delete your account.

ShockerFever, those are quite possibly the two most embarrassingly juvenile posts I’ve ever seen. Do you have the mental version of Benjamin Buttons disease?

I don’t think there is any need to tear down or disavow Shaq or any other players. I don’t necessarily agree with or like how he’s handled things but I don’t have all the facts and am willing to acknowledge that this is all justified in his mind.

Comment

Really, the “mid-major coach” slam. Hmmm, whatever you say coach.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        I believe SM had a lot of talent when he got here but would have never became as good as he was as a senior
                        without a coach like GM and he owes him a debt of gratitude. Credit GM for not kicking his a** off the team early
                        on like many coaches would have done and SM could well have ended up like one of those problem players with
                        questionable character flaws that most good schools avoid. IMHO had GM kicked him off the team for a cheap shot on
                        ZB Mr. Morris would have never achieved the things he did on the court. Don't know what he has achieved since
                        but I'd bet it's much more than he would have without GM's guidance.
                        No DOUBT. Just think, because Gregg never gave up on Shaq it becomes his undoing??? That is 100% dishonorable. HCGM made a promise to every one of his athletes, and the fulfillment of that promise to Shaq was holding him accountable, graduating him, and unleashing his potential as an athlete. Doesn't the two men apologize to reach other and make up? No harm no foul. Oh wait, Shaq Hacked ZB for a flagrant.

​​​In the end SM graduated, played professional bball, and had a community to return to for the rest of his life. Now what does he have?

Comment

• Not sure why this thread is about Shaq

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post

No DOUBT. Just think, because Gregg never gave up on Shaq it becomes his undoing??? That is 100% dishonorable. HCGM made a promise to every one of his athletes, and the fulfillment of that promise to Shaq was holding him accountable, graduating him, and unleashing his potential as an athlete. Doesn't the two men apologize to reach other and make up? No harm no foul. Oh wait, Shaq Hacked ZB for a flagrant.

​​​In the end SM graduated, played professional bball, and had a community to return to for the rest of his life. Now what does he have?
                            You don't have to punch someone to hold them accountable.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

You wonder why players may have wanted to stay anonymous? This is why.
                              Are you sure? After 5 years, there may be more reasons than just this.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

He came out publicly, knowing idiots like you are going to have this kind of response, but that makes him a coward? I'm sure its easy to say this kind of stuff about Shaq behind your keyboard and from your seats. I expect if you see him around town you're going to say all these things to his face too, right?

This fan base is embarrassing.
                                Let me try to explain my point, if you're interested in listening. In my opinion, if he was truly wanting to make a positive change, he could have approached it differently. In house instead of thru the media, for example. Sitting in oklahoma City and launching nuclear bombs at the coach that made a man out of an unmotivated kid, a ball player THAT GOT PAID PROFESSIONALLY out of a kid who should have been kicked off of a team, a kid that was pushed to graduate college who most likely never would have otherwise. Shaq's running to ******* is not exactly heroic in my book. His nuclear option was only to destroy a coach, a program, a university. All of this 5 years later.

Do we all agree that Shaq handled this the absolute best way? Really?
                                Last edited by wichshock65; October 23, 2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X