Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=ShockAzs;n1256179]

No DOUBT. Just think, because Gregg never gave up on Shaq it becomes his undoing??? That is 100% dishonorable.”

This is what makes this so shameful and disappointing. I loved Shaq as a player even in hi lazier times. I was so happy when he became a pro due to his abilities and a huge injection of motivation and development by 3 G only to be paid back in this way. But the above quoted lines say it all.

Comment

• Shaq has burnt every bridge he ever had in ICT. Not sure how that matters, but yeah.

Comment

• Looks like no news until next week.

I’m just guessing that one of these two things are going on:

WSU is trying to figure out a way to avoid the buyout
        WSU is trying to develop a PR mitigation strategy and 3G remains.

Comment

• Gonna lose fans either way

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Gonna lose fans either way
            winning will change all that.......due to the pandemic it may only take playing again.....

Comment

• I hope HCGM will be fine and don’t believe he will be terminated. I’m sure there are some takeaways for him to reflect on especially letting a player frustrate him to the point of potentially losing his composure and ultimately losing his job. No player is worth that. Marshall’s loyalty to his players is complex, but I think that loyalty in the future will be tightened up and abandoned when faced with players he feels he needs to pull out all stops to motivate.

Can’t help but feel sorry for SM a little bit. I’m appreciative of his contributions but simply can’t rationally explain why he initially didn’t report the alleged incident when it occurred (or shortly thereafter) and why he is so intent on playing it out in the media. Talk about a lose/lose. I’m sorry to read he’s not playing anymore. Hopefully he is not now a lost directionless soul and bitter about his own personal struggles. I hope he finds his way.

HCGM has done a lot for the program. SM contributed to that success but obviously to a much less degree. I hope Gregg stays and we move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                Looks like no news until next week.

I’m just guessing that one of these two things are going on:

WSU is trying to figure out a way to avoid the buyout
                WSU is trying to develop a PR mitigation strategy and 3G remains.

My final tidbits.

1. These are the exact two scenarios being considered.
                2. The allegations are all true. There is some disagreement on how exactly he struck Shaq, but pretty much all we have read has high validity to it.
                3. GM's second angry denial was a message to the athletic department he will fight them if they try and go with option 1.
                4. Here is the kicker in all of this: The athletic department was aware of most allegations years ago when they happened and chose to do nothing. This puts them in a very tough spot now. GM was essentially given huge leeway on everything in exchange for wins.
                5. GM is a good person. There are 1000s of positive stories about him. However, when he loses his temper with somebody on his s**t list he goes overboard big time.
                6. I told you a few days ago who brought this to the attention of the former University president. Her denials are comical.
                7. People that have not spoken up do not want to add fuel to the fire. Most of them have a very positive opinion of GM overall.
                8. One well known player who has not spoken up cannot stand GM.
                9. This should all wrap up fairly soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post

My final tidbits.

2. The allegations are all true. There is some disagreement on how exactly he struck Shaq, but pretty much all we have read has high validity to it.
                  3. GM's second angry denial was a message to the athletic department he will fight them if they try and go with option 1.
                  4. Here is the kicker in all of this: The athletic department was aware of most allegations years ago when they happened and chose to do nothing. This puts them in a very tough spot now. GM was essentially given huge leeway on everything in exchange for wins.
                  5. GM is a good person. There are 1000s of positive stories about him. However, when he loses his temper with somebody on his s**t list he goes overboard big time.
                  6. I told you a few days ago who brought this to the attention of the former University president. Her denials are comical.
                  7. People that have not spoken up do not want to add fuel to the fire. Most of them have a very positive opinion of GM overall.
                  This all makes sense to me.

I wonder who 8 is, any guesses?

Comment

• Maybe Frankamp.

He hasn’t said anything, but has “liked” anti-Marshall tweets.

Unless he means one of the Big 3...
                    The Assman

Comment

My final tidbits.

this all has the ring of truth

Comment

• My opinion, not a tidbit: I do not think the University will fire GM and try and withhold money for cause. Seems unlikely at this point. If that was going to happen, I think it would have happened by now. I could be wrong of course, again this post is purely my own opinions. Anyways, I think this ends 1 of 2 ways at this point:

1. GM and the University mutually part ways with GM receiving a nice severance for all he did for us.
                        2. GM acknowledges some past mistakes. A game plan is put in place to prevent those situations from happening again. GM remains our head coach.

If I was a betting man, I predict 2.

This is a true no win situation. If he leaves, some fans will be mad. If he stays, recruiting may be a challenge for him in the near term, and some other fans will also be mad.

Comment

This is 100% why he really can't be terminated now without significant new evidence that is not out there in the public domain.

I think everyone would be better off had he gone to Alabama. I don't know if anyone has watched any of "The Playbook" on Netflix but Soccer coach Jose Mourinho talks about his dad getting a big offer to coach a bigger team, but stayed loyal to his club and declined. His team went on a losing streak and his dad got fired two months later.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Well known players would include Ron, Fred, Landry, Conner, X, Cheese

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Well known players would include Ron, Fred, Landry, Conner, X, Cheese
                              Don't forget Duke Tshomba
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

My opinion, not a tidbit: I do not think the University will fire GM and try and withhold money for cause. Seems unlikely at this point. If that was going to happen, I think it would have happened by now. I could be wrong of course, again this post is purely my own opinions. Anyways, I think this ends 1 of 2 ways at this point:

1. GM and the University mutually part ways with GM receiving a nice severance for all he did for us.
                                2. GM acknowledges some past mistakes. A game plan is put in place to prevent those situations from happening again. GM remains our head coach.

If I was a betting man, I predict 2.

This is a true no win situation. If he leaves, some fans will be mad. If he stays, recruiting may be a challenge for him in the near term, and some other fans will also be mad.
                                I can't see him admitting any mistakes

Comment

Working...
                                X