Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post

Come on, can't we get past the "RACIST" calls.
    Tired of it in politics.
    Tired of it here.
    Gregg Marshall has coached hundreds of black kids, gone into their parent's houses and sold them on him as a man who will leave no stone unturned to turn them into the best basketball player they can be and the best man they can be. Hundreds of black parents have let their kids sign with him.
    He has done EXACTLY what he promised to do, turn them into the best basketball players they can be and turned them into fine young men.
    Stop already with the "RACIST" talk.
    Must be a Biden voter.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      The Wichita Business Journal has an article related to comments made by acting president Rick Muma regarding the investigation during a virtual town hall meeting on Tuesday. The headline reads there's no timeline on a decision regarding Marshall. They do the paywall thing as well, so you won't see the article unless you have a subscription or can click stop on your browser really quick once the page loads. Here's the link to the article - https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...-decision.html and if you want to watch the town hall meeting, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C24lQOxzwIM and the part is at approximately 18:20 in and is about 30 seconds.

FYI - the Journal also has an article regarding the search for a new president and it's based on what Blake Flanders from KBOR talks about on the virtual town hall. That part is after the part regarding Marshall.
      Read my post from yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Raised by their grandmas...
        There are a lot of kids raised by their grandmothers. My children stayed during the week with their grandmother every day until they went school. I'm thankful for grandmothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Why is being raised by your Grandma racist? I know of several grandparents who are raising their grandchildren and I never once have thought about it as a race thing.
          It's only racist to people who have racism on the brain.

Or, mind readers...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            I'm not condoning some of HCGM's tactics to get through to a player. Coaches have their own styles. Everyone has their shortcomings, some worse than others. One thing I do know is that Marshall seems to do more with less or at least underrated. He has had a very successful program on a national level.

I keep going back to that Eagle article regarding Shaq and HCGM. There really wasn't any "punches" (sorry) held back by their comments. Shaq and Marshall were each other's biggest problem/frustration/challenge. Both could have given up on the other many times, but they didn't and both seemed to think that it was worth it in the end.

Frankly, I think Marshall could have more easily done without Shaq than the other way around. Now, years later, those efforts come back to bite HCGM.

Oil and water do not mix. Maybe it's better that an unhappy player just leaves, particularly if he believes he's in the right.

Was it worth it?? I'm guessing that Marshall will not make that type of mistake again (if he has a chance) and if a "problem child" wants to leave, he shows them where the door is. Wonder what Shaq meant in that article: "It's actually a weird relationship," Morris said. "I use him and he uses me, but we've come to understand each other. I trust him and I think he trusts me now." Really?
            I don't think I've brought up over the years that I have a 'relative' of sorts who helped coach Shaq at one of his Edmond schools he predicted that he would not last with Marshall....I used to think it was an odd perspective, but not so much now...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Was it worth it?? I'm guessing that Marshall will not make that type of mistake again (if he has a chance) and if a "problem child" wants to leave, he shows them where the door is.
              Agreed. Just thinking of how Teddy fit into this dynamic.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

I may be mistaken, but didn’t Durley spend some time on campus with Shaq? I think I remember a story about JT talking to Shaq about how there was no reason he shouldn’t dominate the conference and be a player to be reckoned with nationally. I seem to remember this being the case with them both being Marshall players of somewhat similar build, and because Durley was also a player that needed some of Marshall’s (for lack of better words) hands on guidance.
                Here's the article where Durley visited with Morris - https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...le2484394.html - it's from 2014, so the open in private window or incognito tab may be necessary.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• We were camping in CO a few years ago. We had our WSU sticker on our truck. The guy next to us saw it and came over and introduced himself. He was one of Shaq's high school coaches in OK. He told us he loved the kid but didn't envy Marshall be bcause he was lazy and hard to motivate. I've thought about that conversation a lot in recent days.
                  Last edited by WSUShoxFan; October 13, 2020, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Just checked *******'s twitter feed and he hasn't tweeted anything regarding WSU for at least 24 hours. He unpinned the story and has moved on to other things. On Saturday he tweeted "I still think it’s sad that some college basketball insiders continue to tweet about scheduling and basically completely ignore a story that a coach has allegedly punched a player, choked an assistant and verbally abused others in his program." - https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...61738673119232 - and guess what he's been doing today. Ignoring his own story and tweeting about scheduling :)

Hopefully the anonymous players and coaches he interviewed take note. ******* is just using them and will move on. If they really want their issues heard and want to make a difference, they need to talk to those investigating things at WSU.
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Guys, let's stop being intentionally thick here... if you refer to a black man as "raised by his grandma on PB&J's" you are stereotyping, which in this context, is racist. It doesn't matter what the statistics support, the implications are clear. Why are you scared of a poor little n***a from the projects with no mamma. It's incredibly insensitive. It kinda makes no sense either. You SHOULD be scared of the brutha from the projects (think Mike Tyson), versus the "brutha" from the nice part of Milwaukee (think Colin Kaepernick).

Watermelon and fried chicken are more popular marginalizing remarks, but referencing that the young man has no parents is on another level. I do hope the black player he was using for an example really had no parents and WAS raised by his grandma or it would be really racist. In that context he is implying that all black kids have no parents. That would certainly cause Mt. Wokeania to erupt on a global scale and permanently retire Gregg from coaching.

To the folks that are looking for an example of systemic racism, this is it. Gregg Marshall, the guy that has all the poor orphaned black kids over to his million-dollar house for photo-ops and PB&J's, shows his true colors when he loses his temper. Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

It's only racist to people who have racism on the brain.

Or, mind readers...
                        You're likely a racist SBT. I'm quite certain of it based on your posting history. You really should recuse yourself from the discussion.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by LarryJohnson

So...let me get this straight...

Verbatim quote: "If you ask me, Ty is the coo..." is worth a permanent ban of the guilty account and three subsequent accounts that said nothing offensive.

But....

"Why are you scared of a poor little n***a from the projects" isn't worth a permanent ban of just one account? Infinitely worse word.

This reeks of hypocrisy and nepotism.
                            You are correct grandmama, mister self-righteous spews so much pablum out over the course of 5000 posts it just gets 'oh well, CB being CB.' HJ is a newby so he gets higher scrutiny.

Comment

• As someone previously mentioned, it's only racist to those who have racism on the brain...

Comment

• It's ironic that Cold's biggest talking points are about race when I believe there were numerous times in his past on here when he adamantly said that black basketball players were inherently better than white ones. Something along those lines.. Of course, he's gonna respond and say "well that's the truth". You can only be racist if you're white.

I believe those comments started coming out when Cold was stalking EO all around with a camera and bragging about hanging half-naked pics of him all over his bedroom.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X