No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof is going to be very difficult without video evidence or overwhelmingly convincing eyewitness testimony - and not just from the 2 guys. That's where things get murky as to whether he can be terminated. It is possible he did it but it cannot be proved. At that point, WSU has to take a hard look as to how this will impact the program going forward and weigh the costs of whatever decision they make. Any takers for the AD job right about now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Did the Athletic do their own investigation or did they use *******'s piece, and twitter for most of their proof?
      The Athletic i don't believe contacted anyone. They just reported that WSU was investigating Marshall. I've said it before, but I think there is a possibility it was purposely leaked to them to soften the blow of *******'s article. It got it out to the public that WSU was taking a proactive approach to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Proof is going to be very difficult without video evidence or overwhelmingly convincing eyewitness testimony - and not just from the 2 guys. That's where things get murky as to whether he can be terminated. It is possible he did it but it cannot be proved. At that point, WSU has to take a hard look as to how this will impact the program going forward and weigh the costs of whatever decision they make. Any takers for the AD job right about now?
        The scary scenario to me is we could be heading towards a season without a Head Coach, AD or President ...

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Trust me, I'm struggling with it also. How can so many say it happened and he says it didn't. Doesn't make sense. But I keep thinking that coach doesn't come across as someone who blatantly lies. He's a smart guy. Would he really make such a strong statement without being able to back it up? Video? That would be a game changer, huh?
          I don't know. I think pride and fear can trump smart in just about anyone. What does he have to lose by lying? We see it happen all the time. People rarely just come clean, even though we respect them more for doing it.

What possible video evidence could there be to show he is not guilty? Not sure he has much except for other players who were there to step up and say it didn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Trust me, I'm struggling with it also. How can so many say it happened and he says it didn't. Doesn't make sense. But I keep thinking that coach doesn't come across as someone who blatantly lies. He's a smart guy. Would he really make such a strong statement without being able to back it up? Video? That would be a game changer, huh?
            He's probably heavily being influenced by his lawyer right now on what to say. Yet again, 15 million is at stake here. As you stated, he's a smart guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's probably heavily being influenced by his lawyer right now on what to say. Yet again, 15 million is at stake here. As you stated, he's a smart guy.
              Very true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think he knows he’s guilty, but if he doesn’t admit to it, that will help when he is looking for his next job (I hope I’m completely wrong and that he has 100% innocent)

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Backtracking a little on what I said yesterday, KBOR has their monthly meeting this Wednesday. I see some soft spots in their agenda in which they could possibly take up our basketball program’s internal investigation. If the investigation is complete by tomorrow, and it is pushed to KBOR they may take action independently without a president in place at the university. The timing is interesting to say the least.
                  As shoxlax mentioned, KBOR meeting today and it started at 10 am. You can find the agenda and link to watch the meeting at https://www.kansasregents.org/about/...as_and_minutes
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

As shoxlax mentioned, KBOR meeting today and it started at 10 am. You can find the agenda and link to watch the meeting at https://www.kansasregents.org/about/...as_and_minutes
                    I would anticipate if the matter gets taken up it will be in the late afternoon in a closed session. I think it will but could be wrong

Comment

• With the kind of $$$ he has likely put away the last several years, he could walk away from the limelight and comfortably spend his retirement on a South Carolina beach. He won’t need another job if he doesn’t want one.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I would anticipate if the matter gets taken up it will be in the late afternoon in a closed session. I think it will but could be wrong
                        I hate for KBOR to get involved in Wichita business. It doesn't usually end well although there are a couple of Wichitans on the Board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

a 54-page agenda? Ugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

I think he knows he’s guilty, but if he doesn’t admit to it, that will help when he is looking for his next job (I hope I’m completely wrong and that he has 100% innocent)
                            I agree with this (both what it looks like, and hoping it didn't happen, or at least not the way it's being reported).

That he didn't outright deny the specific allegations in the first statement, then came out with another one with an explicit denial, would seem to indicate a strategy. The latest statement also sends a message to WSU that firing him for cause could result in a lawsuit, so instead, the two parties negotiate his resignation. Then, as you stated, he's in better position to be hired again somewhere.

Ugh. This whole thing sucks.

Comment

• KBOR won't address it until the investigation is concluded (if they get involved at all). Until the law firm wraps up its work then it's all speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                CBB?
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X