Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

I think he is a she, kind of like people named Pat (think Saturday night live).
    It ... we will just split the difference lol

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Somebody explain this to me.
      Not sure if you meant the whole open records thing or just the one email others mentioned. So I'll hit on the open records thing instead. A large majority of the people who file requests are reporters working on stories or looking for scoops, so by looking at the open records requests you can see who requested things. For example, the Athletic put out their initial article on October 8, but put in a request on October 7. By looking at their request, you can see exactly what they were looking for, such as emails that contain accusations dealing with 3 former players and 1 current player.

According to the FAQ on the web site, the university has to reply within 3 business days to any request. They can either release information in full or redacted, or withhold information for specific reasons. What they release is open and to the public, so by looking at things you can see what others see. If you check back on the site every so often, you may see some future requests that has to do with future stories.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

I think he is a she, kind of like people named Pat (think Saturday night live).
        It's time for androgyny, it's just Pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
          Might as well just post the email
          What in the actual ****?

At last some humor came out of this.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            This is all good info. I have to admit they are good at covering their tracks. I bet they are using their phone calls, personal email, and texts to discuss these matters so it is not discoverable.

I sure would like to know why Golden resigned. Everything points to it was sudden.
            Some of the requests ask for personal emails used for business purposes, so in some cases personal emails could be involved. I noticed Dana O'Neal added "Please exclude any advertisements or third-party solicitations not related to university business." to lessen the data in the pdf. Andy Wittry doesn't do that and some of his pdf's are nothing but ads and 3rd party solicitations.

I haven't gone through them, but I would think all the pdf's they sent to Swaim on September 28 - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...log/entry/886/ - would be the ones to have anything noteworthy because if you read the request details, it's over 1,000 emails and cost over $1,000 to put together. But I'm thinking if Swaim had found anything he would have written about it.

Comment

• It is interesting in 2017, there was an addition to Marshall contract that any fines that were occurred against Marshall by the NCAA or conference due to

behavior, conduct or other action specific to sportsmanship or decorum by Mr. Marshall, family member or guests of Mr. Marshall, will be paid for by Mr. Marshall".
              Also, Marshall regular salary is 270,000 paid by the ICAA

Marshall has set up a LLC (Marshall Hoops, LLC) where his compensationis:

2017 - 2,730,000
              2018 - 3,230,000

The athletic department also changed the contract that all shoe/apparel endorsements will be the responsibility of ICAA.

Comment

The athletic department also changed the contract that all shoe/apparel endorsements will be the responsibility of ICAA.
                Probably to avoid the issues seen at University of Louisville (Pitino) and other schools where the Coaches were paid directly by shoe companies and likely controlled where some of the illegal player payments went.

Comment

It is interesting in 2017, there was an addition to Marshall contract that any fines that were occurred against Marshall by the NCAA or conference due to

Also, Marshall regular salary is 270,000 paid by the ICAA

Marshall has set up a LLC (Marshall Hoops, LLC) where his compensationis:

2017 - 2,730,000
                  2018 - 3,230,000

The shoe thing would have been when the school signed the deal with Under Armour.

Comment

• Odds and Ends -

- if you want to see all of Marshall's contracts from 2007 on, go to https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...log/entry/838/

- I thought the "Keep Grinding" email from Golden to Marshall in the Athletic pdf was interesting. I went back to look what happened around that time and it's the day after WSU lost to Houston in Wichita and in his presser, Marshall talks about team issues - https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...239409388.html

- this request from Wittry is kind of odd based on the details - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...log/entry/880/ - I wonder what he was looking for at the time

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While it's definitely will still be available in the open records thing on the WSU website, I'd edit out his personal email if it's going to be posted directly on this site.
                      Agreed. I deleted the email. You'll have to do the work to see it. :)
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

- this request from Wittry is kind of odd based on the details - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...log/entry/880/ - I wonder what he was looking for at the time
                        That's around the time that Battle for Atlantis was cancelled .. Wonder if he was looking for what the "replacement tournament" would be

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's around the time that Battle for Atlantis was cancelled .. Wonder if he was looking for what the "replacement tournament" would be
                          Ah - thanks. That makes sense.

Speaking of tournaments, saw where Morris was planning on playing in the TBT this summer and even did a FB video back in April how he was excited to play - https://www.facebook.com/wsuaftersho...6997566336256/ - seemed kind of odd how excited he was to play something he says he no longer loves to play.

Comment

• I dunno which is funnier. That 1976 got doxxed or that he actually went to the lengths he did in pushing for Bob Richey.

Guy is a total loon and laughing stock.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ******* pinned a tweet where he did a podcast talking to another guy and one of the things they talked about was Marshall around the 15:30 mark. At the 25:50 mark, ******* starts talking tough about how he may run into Marshall next July at a meeting, but unfortunately the other guy cuts him off to find out what ******* plans to do:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                                ******* pinned a tweet where he did a podcast talking to another guy and one of the things they talked about was Marshall around the 15:30 mark. At the 25:50 mark, ******* starts talking tough about how he may run into Marshall next July at a meeting, but unfortunately the other guy cuts him off to find out what ******* plans to do:

Can't wait to hear what Mumbles has to say...

Comment

Working...
                                X