Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALSO

This thing has be GD Fired up to go cheer for our guys this winter. They deserve and need the support.

Dex, Trey, Tyson... and everyone else. This is not on you - and I - and hopefully the entire fanbase - has your back and will be there as much as we can.

There is a reason why this is a hell of a town for CBB and a hell of a job if it comes open.

And that support is a big reason why.

Comment

• CBB?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
        ALSO

This thing has be GD Fired up to go cheer for our guys this winter. They deserve and need the support.

Dex, Trey, Tyson... and everyone else. This is not on you - and I - and hopefully the entire fanbase - has your back and will be there as much as we can.

There is a reason why this is a hell of a town for CBB and a hell of a job if it comes open.

And that support is a big reason why.
        But will the enthusiasm for the team be there if 3G remains coach? Seems he has already been found guilty by the court of public opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          CBB?
          College Basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

But will the enthusiasm for the team be there if 3G remains coach? Seems he has already been found guilty by the court of public opinion.
            Going to be really hard to tell this season anyways thanks to limited attendance rules, but my guess is the people that are willing to go to CKA during COVID will still be cheering as hard as they normally would.

I know me personally, the coach is a means to an end. The end is the play of the players on the court. I'm not there to watch the coach. I'd hope if 3G is still coach, we won't have near the sidetracking antics on the bench that we normally see each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Pure speculation:
              Everything on here is pure speculation. We've seen Marshall be a hothead but we've never seen these rumors happen. All we know is what has been written by a writer who thinks he's a true journalist more than most people do, and twitter. Journalists no longer are paid to get to the truth, but I digress. We've heard twitter with players supporting him and a few others who left the program and possibly hold a grudge against Marshall.

We will know more when the official investigation winds up. Some people like Fred, Ron, and Evan possibly aren't going to respond to the media or twitter, and will go the direct route in an investigation.

If our possible future HOF coach, and the best coach in Wichita State history should be fired, that is fine, but it should be because of proof, and not SPECULATION. And at this time, SPECULATION is all that is happening because Twitter isn't a way to find proof.

I can wait for the real thing because I want this to end with clarity so the future can move forward.

Comment

• There is a possibility that this law firm, that was retained by WSU, is also carefully scrutinizing 3G's contract so as to minimize the liabilities of a potential firing. It could get real ugly letting go such a high profile, highly compensated and highly passionate employee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  There is a possibility that this law firm, that was retained by WSU, is also carefully scrutinizing 3G's contract so as to minimize the liabilities of a potential firing. It could get real ugly letting go such a high profile, highly compensated and highly passionate employee.
                  I would fully expect that if WSU hired the law firm to do this investigation that part of the report out when be the impacts to the contract ....

I agree though. The statement last night from Marshall screams he's ready to very publicly fight this in court if needed. There is 15 million at stake basically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    There is a possibility that this law firm, that was retained by WSU, is also carefully scrutinizing 3G's contract so as to minimize the liabilities of a potential firing. It could get real ugly letting go such a high profile, highly compensated and highly passionate employee.
                    You seem to pre-judging guilt again.
                    There is no doubt that this law firm was hired to conduct an independent investigation, We already have lawyers, I'm sure who are capable of giving advice whichever way the investigation goes and are looking at all scenarios, and if more expertise is necessary, they are capable of finding it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I would fully expect that if WSU hired the law firm to do this investigation that part of the report out when be the impacts to the contract ....

I agree though. The statement last night from Marshall screams he's ready to very publicly fight this in court if needed. There is 15 million at stake basically.
                      Also maybe he made his statement because he truly believes he is not guilty of the accusations? Not just for the love of money?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Everything on here is pure speculation. We've seen Marshall be a hothead but we've never seen these rumors happen. All we know is what has been written by a writer who thinks he's a true journalist more than most people do, and twitter. Journalists no longer are paid to get to the truth, but I digress. We've heard twitter with players supporting him and a few others who left the program and possibly hold a grudge against Marshall.

We will know more when the official investigation winds up. Some people like Fred, Ron, and Evan possibly aren't going to respond to the media or twitter, and will go the direct route in an investigation.

If our possible future HOF coach, and the best coach in Wichita State history should be fired, that is fine, but it should be because of proof, and not SPECULATION. And at this time, SPECULATION is all that is happening because Twitter isn't a way to find proof.

I can wait for the real thing because I want this to end with clarity so the future can move forward.
                        I feel like ******* is kind of irrelevant at this point. Players talked to The Athletic and The Wichita Eagle too. We can't just say oh it's ******* being *******. The toughest thing to reconcile on the Gregg being innocent side is why are players ( 2 on record, at least 5 off record) lying to journalists about this? I've asked a bunch of people this. No one has a good answer. I'm willing to let it play out, but I can't spin a good result in my head for the life of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Also maybe he made his statement because he truly believes he is not guilty of the accusations? Not just for the love of money?
                          That may be possible and I truly hope there is PROOF that he is not guilty. Just as an outsider, with Taylor also independently getting 5 players to confirm it, I'm struggling with how SOMETHING could have not happened.

Investigation hopefully will clear this up and not just muddy it further.

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

I feel like ******* is kind of irrelevant at this point. Players talked to The Athletic and The Wichita Eagle too. We can't just say oh it's ******* being *******. The toughest thing to reconcile on the Gregg being innocent side is why are players ( 2 on record, at least 5 off record) lying to journalists about this? I've asked a bunch of people this. No one has a good answer. I'm willing to let it play out, but I can't spin a good result in my head for the life of me.
                            Did the Athletic do their own investigation or did they use *******'s piece, and twitter for most of their proof?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That may be possible and I truly hope there is PROOF that he is not guilty. Just as an outsider, with Taylor also independently getting 5 players to confirm it, I'm struggling with how SOMETHING could have not happened.

Investigation hopefully will clear this up and not just muddy it further.
                              Trust me, I'm struggling with it also. How can so many say it happened and he says it didn't. Doesn't make sense. But I keep thinking that coach doesn't come across as someone who blatantly lies. He's a smart guy. Would he really make such a strong statement without being able to back it up? Video? That would be a game changer, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Did the Athletic do their own investigation or did they use *******'s piece, and twitter for most of their proof?
                                They released theirs first, so I doubt they used *******'s piece for anything. Not sure if they coincidentally got on the same story due to the mass transfers or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X