Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And Louisville was in the league from 1963-1975, They had a few studs themselves. Memphis State was in the Valley from 1968-1973.
    Drake was pretty good for a couple of years under Maury John. But after 1966, we sunk pretty quickly with a 6'2 guard playing some Center (who was a great player by the way). We only had a couple of good players at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Renamed thread for search engine optimization.
      Wait, you want people to find this?
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Wait, you want people to find this?
        wouldn't "Fruit Cake Recipes" be a more optimal optimization? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The problem now is that our own media is reporting what ******* is saying. Taylor can't confirm anything himself but his reporting stories, and his information this morning to Blair Keirkhoff was just repeating what he has seen from *******, Stadium, etc. He can't find it out, but he repeats their stories. This appears to be a problem to me because their stories are from anonymous sources. Probably truth to some of it, but is Marshall getting fired?
          I agree. I mentioned this in another post, but it's amazing how ******* says it took him 6 months to do his initial story because Shaq wouldn't go on record. But then Tuesday night he has no problem tweeting out that WSU and Marshall will part ways based not on someone going on record, but just on an anonymous source. Then like wildfire the rest of the media world jumps on it with clickbait articles and most taking parting ways to mean Marshall is getting fired, and the local media runs with it as well. Taylor did a good job of initially tweeting that he couldn't confirm *******'s tweets based on his sources - seems like he was one of the few to even try to do so - but then the next day does an article for the Eagle where he mentions *******'s tweet nonetheless. The internet not only killed print media, but it basically has killed good journalism.
          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I agree. I mentioned this in another post, but it's amazing how ******* says it took him 6 months to do his initial story because Shaq wouldn't go on record. But then Tuesday night he has no problem tweeting out that WSU and Marshall will part ways based not on someone going on record, but just on an anonymous source. Then like wildfire the rest of the media world jumps on it with clickbait articles and most taking parting ways to mean Marshall is getting fired, and the local media runs with it as well. Taylor did a good job of initially tweeting that he couldn't confirm *******'s tweets based on his sources - seems like he was one of the few to even try to do so - but then the next day does an article for the Eagle where he mentions *******'s tweet nonetheless. The internet not only killed print media, but it basically has killed good journalism.
            I don't know about anyone else, but I was pretty appalled by the local media running with the anonymous "parting ways" story based on Jeff ******* and other national pundits. If it comes out that Coach Marshall is staying, there will be a ton of these professionals with egg on their face. They'll spin it back at WSU, but still... not a good look for the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dice260 View Post

I don't know about anyone else, but I was pretty appalled by the local media running with the anonymous "parting ways" story based on Jeff ******* and other national pundits. If it comes out that Coach Marshall is staying, there will be a ton of these professionals with egg on their face. They'll spin it back at WSU, but still... not a good look for the media.
              As it was described to me- ALL ASS NO BRAINS!
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• For crying out loud, if they do not have a source, they have NO RIGHT to claim WSU is going to part ways with HCGM. Especially knowing some national media just runs with it not checking to see it is just an anonymous source.

And even then, isn't it much more appropriate for a JOURNALIST to have a title "WSU Expected to take action on [HCGM] Investigation".
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

I just looked at her Facebook, to see how gleeful she is. She claims to have had COVID three times. I might end up liking that virus more than I anticipated.
                  Ferocious, insipid, alien, evil virus!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Ferocious, insipid, alien, evil virus!!!!
                    My god, you've been listening to Cold too much!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

I just looked at her Facebook, to see how gleeful she is. She claims to have had COVID three times. I might end up liking that virus more than I anticipated.
                      I looked, I couldn’t help it. That lady has a shrine to the players in her living room. It’s some real Ace Ventura stuff.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Somebody said this is like a funeral with people coming out of the woodwork?

Glad to be back, wish it were under better circumstances.

I'm actually okay with Taylor's coverage. He has to acknowledge the national story (because, Lord knows, people in the national media...all OVER the place are acknowledging it) but being deliberate in saying that he can't confirm Goober'a...excuse me, autocorrect...*******'s story at least sets up the blame where blame is due. At this point, it doesn't even matter if there is any wrongdoing; if Marshall isn't fired from this, I plan on reminding Goober...(dammit, phone) every day how full of **** he is.

And Seth Davis

And Gary Parrish (et tu, Gary?)

And the Villanova beat writer

And the Craftsman Shopping Spree over at that K-Mart of journalism, USA Today.

As for Marshall, he may be an *******, but he's OUR *******, and last I checked there were a lot of celebrated *******s who are coaches. I mean, who else but an ******* gets a cheerleader pregnant? (And, here's a question: Did he take the toupée off to do it?) Also, Jim Boeheim. I don't mean anything in particular, I mean his entire body of work.

Anyway, everybody would probably do best to stop doomscrolling and get a little sunshine. What happens will happen. Put that energy into something constructive, like getting our Medical School back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

How do we know what the outcome would’ve been otherwise? Perhaps the lying and coverups were the only option they had.
                          Clinton wasn't impeached because he got a BJ from a staffer. He was impeached because he lied on oath about getting a BJ from a staffer. If he admits he got a BJ from a staffer and goes on, we end up at the same place (everyone knows he got a BJ from a staffer) minus the impeachment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post

Clinton wasn't impeached because he got a BJ from a staffer. He was impeached because he lied on oath about getting a BJ from a staffer. If he admits he got a BJ from a staffer and goes on, we end up at the same place (everyone knows he got a BJ from a staffer) minus the impeachment.
                            But everybody does not know these allegations are true, if not completely false. It's likely somewhere in between, as these things usually are.

Comment

• For those of you who wondered what Dan Muller thinks of our coach.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post

But everybody does not know these allegations are true, if not completely false. It's likely somewhere in between, as these things usually are.
                                Are u saying you don't think Clinton got a BJ?

Comment

Working...
                                X