No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fr and So classes in 2015-16 were the upper class players on the team that was ranked so high entering the AAC. That team apparently under performed, leading to questions about team chemistry.

So class:
    Rashard Kelly
    Zach Brown
    Rauno Nurger
    Shaq Morris
    Conner Frankamp

Of that group, Morris and Frankamp were in year 3 of eligibility and would have lost a year had they transferred. Those guys were buddies.

Fr class
    Ty Taylor - transferred
    Landry Shamet - left early, but for a good reason
    Eric Hamilton - transferred
    Markis McDuffie

If the current allegations are true, or partially true, that may have been a factor in the results when that So class was in their last year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Also posted in recruiting forum.

No positive spin to this one. The bad press on this story is absolutely going to have an impact on our recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

No positive spin to this one. The bad press on this story is absolutely going to have an impact on our recruiting.
        Makes it even worse that he is a Wichita kid.

Comment

• Classy move from Shane. Only person in the Wichita market to do so.

Comment

Classy move from Shane. Only person in the Wichita market to do so.

What a breath of fresh air.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Classy move from Shane. Only person in the Wichita market to do so.

Shane’s a good guy. A voice of reason when everyone else is mob mentality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Why do you assume he is de-committing because of the bad press and not as a way to say “I committed to Marshall. If he’s not going to be the coach I want to look at other options”?

Comment

• This is why we need to have resolution now. We need to get the foundation of something laid, anything, so that the program, whoever is in there can start to move forward from this black eye.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Why do you assume he is de-committing because of the bad press and not as a way to say “I committed to Marshall. If he’s not going to be the coach I want to look at other options”?
                    The press coverage may or may not impacted his choice in particular. However, I would find it hard to believe that the press coverage in general isn’t giving kids at the very least some pause about WSU.

Comment

Also posted in recruiting forum.

Called it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        This is why we need to have resolution now. We need to get the foundation of something laid, anything, so that the program, whoever is in there can start to move forward from this black eye.
                        Absolutely! Coach Brown should be calling him NOW, regardless if he is named as a coach or not. I don't know whether the change is due to the allegations or the potential coaching change, but stability is needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                          Absolutely! Coach Brown should be calling him NOW, regardless if he is named as a coach or not. I don't know whether the change is due to the allegations or the potential coaching change, but stability is needed.
                          I would be very surprised if someone on the coaching staff has not been keeping in closed contact with Mr. Chapman all along. But this situation was bound to create some FUD for Sterling and his family (or any other recruit for that matter) one way or the other.

Comment

• Shane Ewing for the win! One of the most rational and reasonable reactions to this situation from anyone in the media or the fan base.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• So today we find out if the media is totally full of it with this story.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Called it.
                                Pretty sure everyone called it.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. Kids commit to coaches generally.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X