Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post

If this was all floated out there to make ******* look like an idiot, that would be the best ending ever. I've thought for quite some time that *******'s goal isn't just to report the news in this case. I think he'd like nothing more than to bring down the entire WSU program, not just Marshall.
    I think *******'s main goal is fame and fortune, but how he does that leaves a lot to be desired. He's a walking contradiction in almost everything he does:

- He claims he didn't do his story on WSU until he had a player go on record, but he tweets non-stop things based only on "sources". It's odd that he feels the need to only publish a story in "real" media if it contains people going on record, buy doesn't do so if he publishes something on social media.

- He has decided the way to make his fame and fortune is to either a) tear down others who have achieved fame and fortune, or b) praise others via his podcast venture those who have fame and fortune.

- He goes after coaches because they don't coach the way he thinks people should coach, and then praises coaches who have cheated or are under investigation by the FBI and would love to have them on his podcasts.

Heck even his last name is a contradiction. No one like him should have the word Good in their last name.
    Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; November 12, 2020, 10:06 AM.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Not sure where to put this.....

Comment

• I do know several things.
        =This was the best (and we've had several golden era's of basketball) era of Shocker basketball in Wichita history.
        =GM was the most decorated coach in Shocker basketball history.
        =I will patiently wait on what's next, as we all should, and stop saying outlandish things that we have no knowledge of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mary Johnson
          Unless I've missed it, there as yet is no OFFICIAL word from either WSU or Coach Marshall. Until there is, all else is media reporting and speculation and we don't have to look very far to see where that leads. I'm choosing the course of letting this play out as it will and then comment and react and act accordingly.
          Mary Johnson? Please meet Harry Johnson. Do you know each other?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Mary has been a member as long as you have. Actually, Mary joined shockernet the exact same month and year, 10/17 as you did...hmmm.

Comment

I’m wary of both Harry and Mary

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                It appears at this point that the national media has all been reporting that WSU is “expected” to fire Marshall this week. The source of that info appears to be some random Facebook poster who claims to have sources. He even said he has friends at ESPN. Meanwhile. neither WSU nor Taylor Eldridge has reported anything about a firing. It also seems that 3G saw all this speculation being reported on the local news and went up to WSU and probably blew a gasket and was asked to leave. Perhaps he blew a gasket because he has been negotiating something less than a termination. Perhaps a suspension is forthcoming and the Goodman’s of the world already blew their wad. Let’s just step back and see how this plays out.
                Dan, I know I have picked on you in the past but this is a plausible explanation and I appreciate you raising it.

Comment

• Renamed thread for search engine optimization.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Will be interesting to see if 3G is at practice today.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Will be interesting to see if 3G is at practice today.
                      By God, I hope so.

Don't let us down Wichita State. These kids want to play for their coach.

d77f26d7-8be1-4b0f-a421-822cdad1796b-shutterstock-1609425a.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post

If this was all floated out there to make ******* look like an idiot, that would be the best ending ever. I've thought for quite some time that *******'s goal isn't just to report the news in this case. I think he'd like nothing more than to bring down the entire WSU program, not just Marshall.
                        The problem now is that our own media is reporting what ******* is saying. Taylor can't confirm anything himself but his reporting stories, and his information this morning to Blair Keirkhoff was just repeating what he has seen from *******, Stadium, etc. He can't find it out, but he repeats their stories. This appears to be a problem to me because their stories are from anonymous sources. Probably truth to some of it, but is Marshall getting fired?

Comment

I do know several things.
                          =This was the best (and we've had several golden era's of basketball) era of Shocker basketball in Wichita history.
                          =GM was the most decorated coach in Shocker basketball history.
                          =I will patiently wait on what's next, as we all should, and stop saying outlandish things that we have no knowledge of.
                          IMO the best era was early to mid 60's under Miller when the MVC was known as the valley of death. Cincy, WSU and
                          Bradley were power houses. Even Drake was good. We were #1 or #2 during 64/65. Early 60's we were the only
                          team to beat Cincy in a two season span. Smithson years were close with xman, carr and Livingston........a very
                          suspect probation that led to Livingston going pro early and our 7 footer transferring to Ks kept us from winning it all
                          hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

IMO the best era was early to mid 60's under Miller when the MVC was known as the valley of death. Cincy, WSU and
                            Bradley were power houses. Even Drake was good. We were #1 or #2 during 64/65. Early 60's we were the only
                            team to beat Cincy in a two season span. Smithson years were close with xman, carr and Livingston........a very
                            suspect probation that led to Livingston going pro early and our 7 footer transferring to Ks kept us from winning it all
                            hands down.
                            I should have said 10 year era. We were Top 20-25, sometimes Top 10, (and Top 2-4 for 2014) for most of that 10 years. The era you are talking about was a short 4-5 years at most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Renamed thread for search engine optimization.
                              You mean they can find me now? BRB I going to go grab some cigarettes.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

hands down.
                                And Louisville was in the league from 1963-1975, They had a few studs themselves. Memphis State was in the Valley from 1968-1973.

In any case, neither Ralph Miller or Gene Smithson were particularly kind and gentle with their coaching style.

Comment

Working...
                                X