No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This needs to be over. Coach retained of course. And season start the season. This was an unnecessary hysteria caused by a known hater who had to hassle someone for 6 weeks to accuse someone of a five year old ambiguous action that he decided wasn’t enough to cause him to leave the school and then stayed two more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      I just wonder how far Shaq will want to take this complaint. If nothing happens, I imagine he has representation to take it to another level.
      Based on what? Statute for limitations on assault (what is being claimed) in Kansas is one year: https://www.ksrevisor.org/statutes/c..._005_0014.html And that's for a civil suit isn't it? jdshock?

I think Shaq has no option to make a legal claim, but I suppose he could bluff with the hopes that the rich guy will settle (which I see happening the day hell freezes over). There's no reason to settle because the argument is already aired out in public -- there's nothing embarrassing to hide; and in fact, HC3GM might even relish a lawsuit because then he gets to state his side of what happened with a bunch of witnesses having to testify.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        What DOES Shaq have to gain by going on with this? Money?
        Maybe. If the $50k is true...he'll most likely accept another payment from someone to retract previous statements. I hate even thinking that cause he was one of my favorites but...just damn...this still sucks.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Maybe. If the $50k is true...he'll most likely accept another payment from someone to retract previous statements. I hate even thinking that cause he was one of my favorites but...just damn...this still sucks.
          We have heard this 50k number thrown out on social media and then brought here. People have asked for the source? But there is none that anybody can point to except somebody said it on Facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I just wonder how far Shaq will want to take this complaint. If nothing happens, I imagine he has representation to take it to another level.

I think he is past any applicable statute of limitations.

Comment

• Mike Leach just had seven transfer out of his football program; I guess it happens.

"Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

We have heard this 50k number thrown out on social media and then brought here. People have asked for the source? But there is none that anybody can point to except somebody said it on Facebook.
                Unfortunately some people put more credence into a random rumor than into reporting by Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

I think he is past any applicable statute of limitations.
                  He may not have a case with Marshall with regards to what happened back in 2015, but he, and possibly others, may have a case for negligence against the university based on the outcome of the investigation and if it finds WSU didn't do anything. Lots of unknowns though, but I imagine the lawyers for the university are looking into that possibility. I think there are a lot more legal issues involved in this whole thing than just Marshall's contract and that could stretch out the time it takes to resolve everything as well.
                  Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; October 29, 2020, 12:19 PM.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Actually it's still out there - he has it hidden somehow from his timeline. Tweets embedded in Shockernet posts will disappear from posts when deleted, but his is still showing in posts. You can click on the tweet in the post and it'll still come up, or just go to https://twitter.com/ShelBailey/statu...98567073267715
                    I was curious if Sheldon Bailey's tweet was still out there and it looks like he eventually deleted it, but posted a different tweet instead - https://twitter.com/ShelBailey/statu...64813184880640

Speaking of twitter, until we get Marshall vs *******, there's always the spat between Fake Gregg Marshall and Fire Gregg Marshall from back in May 2020 - https://twitter.com/JakeyLewis/statu...51735957700609
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• At this point, I just want to know either way. Make the decision and move on from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

He may not have a case with Marshall with regards to what happened back in 2015, but he, and possibly others, may have a case for negligence against the university based on the outcome of the investigation and if it finds WSU didn't do anything. Lots of unknowns though, but I imagine the lawyers for the university are looking into that possibility. I think there are a lot more legal issues involved in this whole thing than just Marshall's contract and that could stretch out the time it takes to resolve everything as well.
                        It's all a mucking fess...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ADDB might be the scapegoat in all of this whether justified or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyNameIsMud

Can someone explain to me why my account was banned?
                            No.
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Marshall is here for the rest of his coaching days.
                              Actually, I think this has been the case for a while. After it was rumored he was going hard for the Texas job and they wouldn't return his calls I figure the rumors where true that AD were shying away from him.

Marshall has a new hurdle to overcome in recruiting, where any problem, no matter how small, can affect the ability to recruit quality talent.
                              Overdramatic. WSU is not recruiting elite players. WSU will continue to recruit 2 and 3 star players and hope they find the diamonds in the rough.

The hit on WSU's PR will be HUGE. WSU was the darling of a lot of national fans. That's over if Marshall is retained.
                              If WSU is bad as the AAC coaches think, WSU won't be the story for long. Now if WSU somehow is a top 20 team, yes they will take a PR hit every game. I know for some there is an exuberance of hope before the season starts, but with the number of newcomers, it is more likely that WSU going to be a non-factor this season and struggle for at least the first half much like the 2019 season.

I still am not sure there will be a season this year. COVID is ramping up in the Wichita area and you will be seeing schools close down and go full remote because of pretty big outbreaks occurring.

Comment

• Won't be a season if the D's and Fauci have anything to say about it and that is a distinct possibility.
                                Where is the schedule ? Is there going to be any kind of preview / scrimmage / exhibition game ?
                                Will the french guy make an impact at center or stretch four ? on defense ?
                                We are only four weeks away?
                                What new comer will make the most positive impact other than Gilbert?

Comment

Working...
                                X