Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mary Johnson
    The Fat Lady Has Not Sung. It's my understanding that Gregg has not been fired, and there's a possibility of working through this.
    If this was all floated out there to make ******* look like an idiot, that would be the best ending ever. I've thought for quite some time that *******'s goal isn't just to report the news in this case. I think he'd like nothing more than to bring down the entire WSU program, not just Marshall.

Comment

• Some of you conspiracy theorists have completely lost your marbles. Staying off Facebook and away from the media for a bit might do some good.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I'm ols enough to remember the demise of Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon. It really wasn't their sins that brought them down, it was the denials, the cover-ups, the lying about it later.
        How do we know what the outcome would’ve been otherwise? Perhaps the lying and coverups were the only option they had.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Jesus you're delusional. Why are y'all so scared to admit what happened instead of finding some "alternative fact" to justify it? Shut up. You're making the entire fan base look bad. GM is a bad person. Punched a student, choked an assistant coach, and tried to fight another student over a damn parking spot. If the independent investigation didn't confirm these things to be true, we wouldn't be in this position. Gregg screwed Gregg.

Also, a recent podcast with Ron Baker shows his hand on this story. He didn't say much, but its obvious where he stands. He said he will tell his story eventually. I'm interested to see if he gets crucified on this board like Shaq has.
          Wow, who are you? I didn't know the independent investigation was complete, and we would get the results scooped here by you on Shockernet. Call Taylor immediately, he needs the scoop. In fact, I bet Taylor is about to PM you any moment since you know this for a fact.

Maybe you do know it for a fact, but you can't state it as a fact without proof, sources, etc. And if you do know it for a fact, again, who are you?

Comment

Unless I've missed it, there as yet is no OFFICIAL word from either WSU or Coach Marshall. Until there is, all else is media reporting and speculation and we don't have to look very far to see where that leads. I'm choosing the course of letting this play out as it will and then comment and react and act accordingly.
            You must be new. We don't roll like that here on SN. That's for people with a life.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

No one disputes its not ok to punch anyone.

A punch between ANY two people is not ok.

The problem is determining if there was any physicality (a punch, shove, reflexive sweeping motion to get away in a skirmish, etc) between these 2 people at all... and what it really was, this long after the fact...

I don't believe a "punch" happened. (It would be tantamount to me punching Brock Lesnar sizewise and athletically)

I just don't believe that Gregg Marshall would be THAT blinded with rage.

But this long after the fact, you're running a forensic analysis on fish stories.
              Good thing there's an independent investigation to sort it all out. Doesn't matter what you think happened or what you believe GM's rage limits are. Same for me and anyone else speculating and posturing non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

How do we know what the outcome would’ve been otherwise? Perhaps the lying and coverups were the only option they had.
                I'm interested to hear more of your thoughts on that line of reasoning....:)

Comment

What's your definition of "is"?

Comment

• Last edited by wichshock65; November 12, 2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I'm interested to hear more of your thoughts on that line of reasoning....:)
                      Well, we know the outcome based on what happened, which included lying and coverups. We don't know what would have happened with admittance of guilt since they did not admit guilt. How do we know they would have been let off, there's no way to know this. Perhaps they looked at both scenarios and decided it was best to lie and hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Haven't been able to find anything online about it. Lutz said something about suspension while due process takes place.

IMO, sounds like something along these lines - "No termination for alleged "good cause" shall occur without first giving Mr. Marshall notice in writing of the "good cause" actions alleged and an opportunity to be heard."
                        Well that was either much ado about nothing or it accomplished what it was meant to do:

1 - flush out any moles - WSU may have told someone or some people on staff there was a statement being released to see if it was leaked beforehand. Given what happened Tuesday night with sources and *******, Norlander, and Davis, WSU may have been upset with some of what got out. Taylor mentioned in one of his tweets yesterday that WSU doesn't need to make it public if they gave Marshall notice, so it actually could have happened and WSU wouldn't say. publicly, but they could have said they were just to see if it leaked. Or,

2 - since it was just Bob Lutz saying it, it could have just been a stunt between him and his boy Jeff. They led off the show talking about Marshall and to keep people listening, especially new ones interested in mainly Marshall news, they tease them with more information, and kept teasing, and kept teasing. I was flipping around the news channels at 6, and one of them, I think it KSN, just happened to have Jeff Lutz on in what looked like a recorded segment talking about things and with his name and KFH The Drive on the screen. Edited to add I just noticed the Lutz's were in the story from KAKE in the tweet a few posts above - hmmm.

I guess the main thing will be if Marshall is at practice today or not.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

It appears at this point that the national media has all been reporting that WSU is “expected” to fire Marshall this week. The source of that info appears to be some random Facebook poster who claims to have sources. He even said he has friends at ESPN. Meanwhile. neither WSU nor Taylor Eldridge has reported anything about a firing. It also seems that 3G saw all this speculation being reported on the local news and went up to WSU and probably blew a gasket and was asked to leave. Perhaps he blew a gasket because he has been negotiating something less than a termination. Perhaps a suspension is forthcoming and the Goodman’s of the world already blew their wad. Let’s just step back and see how this plays out.
                          Best post in this thread in a while. Very plausible assumption.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            Jesus you're delusional.

Also, a recent podcast with Ron Baker shows his hand on this story. He didn't say much, but its obvious where he stands. He said he will tell his story eventually. I'm interested to see if he gets crucified on this board like Shaq has.
                            Who is delusional? You have no idea what Ron Baker will say and I don't either. But I do remember that a recently committed recruit's father (right now the commit is probably waiting for news like all of us) said that he called Ron's father who was very positive regarding Ron's experience with Coach Marshall and WSU. I'm sure that he has weighed in with the proper authorities on what he saw. However, None of us have any idea where Ron and/or anyone else stands on this. We don't know what he will say but he stayed playing for Marshall 5 years (one a Redshirt w/o a scholarship), and I can't see him staying that long in a bad situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

You must be new. We don't roll like that here on SN. That's for people with a life.
                              Word.

Comment

The Fat Lady Has Not Sung. It's my understanding that Gregg has not been fired, or quit and there's a possibility of working through this.
                                I hope you are correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X