No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall shoulda just ran over that student with his car! Would've served him right!

And he shoulda punched Shaq six times in the head! Who cares that his mom just told him about her cancer! Back in my day, my coach used to punch us all and look at me now!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      The AAC is collectively moaning right now. Now we're Tulsa w/o football.
      Anyone comparing WSU and Tulsa basketball has not spent any time around Tulsa basketball. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
        Marshall shoulda just ran over that student with his car! Would've served him right!

And he shoulda punched Shaq six times in the head! Who cares that his mom just told him about her cancer! Back in my day, my coach used to punch us all and look at me now!
        Haven’t you heard? Coach’s don’t punch. They slap with closed fists.

Comment

Are you privy to the internal ongoings of the investigation and the evidence they've gathered? The university is very likely making these decisions based off of way more information than has been released to the public. We're all just speculating on articles and reports, but if the expected announcement of GM's departure tells you anything...
          Right now, the only thing it tells me is that it could be that marshall made contact of some sort that shaq said and probably believes was a punch or that WSU admin is caving to the blm crowd.

I don't see how anyone could see a guilt verdict based on what you see on the internet. And if they say that they do know, based on info given so far, well they are just plain liars.
          Last edited by Atxshoxfan; November 11, 2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Things slow tonight in the virus thread?
            He’s not a multi-tasker. Some brains don’t have that particular capability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Right now, the only thing it tells me is that it could be that marshall made contact of some sort that shaq said and probably believes was a punch or that WSU admin is caving to the blm crowd.

I don't see how anyone could see a guilt verdict based on what you see on the internet. And if they say that they do know, based on info given so far, well they are just plain liars.
              lmao caving to the blm crowd??? i want what you're on dude cause that is completely unrelated

my point was that the university is making this decision based off of more information than we as fans have. hence the hiring of a lawfirm to investigate and *gather evidence*. i'm not saying i (or anyone on the internet) know anything concretely, but it's not hard to conclude that if GM and WSU officially part ways that means the investigation clearly found enough evidence of wrongdoing to the point that they couldn't employ him any longer. and i'm sure they tried to find ways to keep him anyway.

so, yeah, if they're firing him its because the investigation produced substantial evidence. not because the wsu admin is caving to the "blm crowd"

Comment

lmao caving to the blm crowd??? i want what you're on dude cause that is completely unrelated

my point was that the university is making this decision based off of more information than we as fans have. hence the hiring of a lawfirm to investigate and *gather evidence*. i'm not saying i (or anyone on the internet) know anything concretely, but it's not hard to conclude that if GM and WSU officially part ways that means the investigation clearly found enough evidence of wrongdoing to the point that they couldn't employ him any longer. and i'm sure they tried to find ways to keep him anyway.

so, yeah, if they're firing him its because the investigation produced substantial evidence. not because the wsu admin is caving to the "blm crowd"
                Glad your so confident. Did you see Shaqs emoji's after his Twitter post of a cop shooting a black dude?
                its common this year. So much so we have a brand new name for these things.cancel culture. If you think it doesn't exist, you really need to do some homework. Personally, I believe this could be the case here....I said "could....
                Do you think this would be an item if it were a black coach rather than marshal? Be honest!

Comment

• One thing I would bet the house on:

IF GM did punch SM, it wasn’t because he was a old white man and he wanted to punch a young black man (or thought he could get away with it because of that).

Not saying anyone on this board is claiming this, but if this somehow gets conflated to that in the national media, it’ll all be bull****.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    One thing I would bet the house on:

IF GM did punch SM, it wasn’t because he was a old white man and he wanted to punch a young black man (or thought he could get away with it because of that).

Not saying anyone on this board is claiming this, but if this somehow gets conflated to that in the national media, it’ll all be bull****.
                    And I think that is exactly the pressure WSU has that could be the pressure of blm I spoke of earlier.

Comment

Glad your so confident. Did you see Shaqs emoji's after his Twitter post of a cop shooting a black dude?
                      its common this year. So much so we have a brand new name for these things.cancel culture. If you think it doesn't exist, you really need to do some homework. Personally, I believe this could be the case here....I said "could....
                      Do you think this would be an item if it were a black coach rather than marshal? Be honest!
                      Yes, and I think you would be stupid to think it wouldn't be an issue...

Comment

Yes if a black coach punched a black player it would still 100% be an issue. Coaches can't punch players... End of story.

Comment

• A lot of people on here for the last months and in some cases years have endlessly blabbed “no one is bigger than the program” which on some level is true. In the 90s an average of 5000 of us endured a prison of poor basketball with very little encouraging developments. We have a solid 5000 base. Turf turned us around and we gained a bandwagon.

He left for a place on a different level! Along comes Gregg who says I can beat anyone with this program and he did. Schools that we never came within points of with our other good coaches, we were beating and beating badly. The bandwagon was built and reliable. We expected to win every game. We knew we would be proud anyway.

Those many sellouts in the last 13 years are all attributable to Gregg Marshall. You will see how fast the 10,666 will drop back down to 7 and 5 thousand. Then you will see that Phog Allen was as big or bigger than his program and so is Gregg. So let’s see you prove by your attendance when we are 10 and 15 that you are with the 5000 of us that have been there in the desperate times that no one is bigger than the program. I’ll believe it when I see it. Those that think we will just reload a new Coach are in la la land. I’ll be here forever because I got nowhere else to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes if a black coach punched a black player it would still 100% be an issue. Coaches can't punch players... End of story.
                            No one disputes its not ok to punch anyone.

A punch between ANY two people is not ok.

The problem is determining if there was any physicality (a punch, shove, reflexive sweeping motion to get away in a skirmish, etc) between these 2 people at all... and what it really was, this long after the fact...

I don't believe a "punch" happened. (It would be tantamount to me punching Brock Lesnar sizewise and athletically)

I just don't believe that Gregg Marshall would be THAT blinded with rage.

But this long after the fact, you're running a forensic analysis on fish stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

No one disputes its not ok to punch anyone.

A punch between ANY two people is not ok.

The problem is determining if there was any physicality (a punch, shove, reflexive sweeping motion to get away in a skirmish, etc) between these 2 people at all... and what it really was, this long after the fact...

I don't believe a "punch" happened. (It would be tantamount to me punching Brock Lesnar sizewise and athletically)

I just don't believe that Gregg Marshall would be THAT blinded with rage.

But this long after the fact, you're running a forensic analysis on fish stories.
                              What you're missing, or ignoring, is that Marshall switched it from something long ago to something current when he went to the press with his denial. If he just keeps his damn mouth shut and goes to Boatright with the attitude that he would like to work out a solution to the bad press, we don't have the problem we have now.

A coach and a program can survive two bad acts some years ago if handled in a way that the public can accept. The public can't accept total denial of bad acts when those bad acts are verified. The denial is probably the tipping point if Marshall is gone. Marshall eliminated any way that he could stick around and have public acceptance and be able to recruit effectively.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                A lot of people on here for the last months and in some cases years have endlessly blabbed “no one is bigger than the program” which on some level is true. In the 90s an average of 5000 of us endured a prison of poor basketball with very little encouraging developments. We have a solid 5000 base. Turf turned us around and we gained a bandwagon.

He left for a place on a different level! Along comes Gregg who says I can beat anyone with this program and he did. Schools that we never came within points of with our other good coaches, we were beating and beating badly. The bandwagon was built and reliable. We expected to win every game. We knew we would be proud anyway.

Those many sellouts in the last 13 years are all attributable to Gregg Marshall. You will see how fast the 10,666 will drop back down to 7 and 5 thousand. Then you will see that Phog Allen was as big or bigger than his program and so is Gregg. So let’s see you prove by your attendance when we are 10 and 15 that you are with the 5000 of us that have been there in the desperate times that no one is bigger than the program. I’ll believe it when I see it. Those that think we will just reload a new Coach are in la la land. I’ll be here forever because I got nowhere else to go.
                                I was in the 5000. Sitting on wooden benches and pissing in a trough. Even then we knew that we were a sleeping giant. This program is on a different level now, thanks to Schaus, Turg, Marshall, Beggs and Bardo.

I have no illusions that we can't **** this hire up, but this is a situation where a coach should succeed.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X