X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NM

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Yeah Boatright is well aware...btw where has 1976 been?
      Been reading but keeping my thoughts to myself for the most part. No reason to gloat over any of this.

Will add one thought though - I wonder how complicit the AD(s) have been in all of this?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Nobody and I mean nobody here loves CJ and what he's accomplished like this guy right here, but Jans is rolling in the WAC. The American is not the WAC.

But yes, Chris Jans is the only person that is capable of immediately righting this ship. It's not going to happen, but it's the only immediate fix.
        Emotions appear to be clouding your thought processes
        Last edited by Shocker1976; November 11, 2020, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

You can take those two words and take a long walk off a short pier.
          No need to take this walk as Bob Richey is not interested in moving to Wichita

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            Jans is our only hope.
            Hyperbole in the extreme

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I hope 1976 sends the University Prez a letter and reminds him that he only needs to hire a "good coach", no mediocre, no bad coaches, no average coaches, just a "good coach". I feel so much better. Just a good coach...
              I sent that email months ago; are you suggesting I send another email?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

I sent that email months ago; are you suggesting I send another email?
                Yes, write another letter, knock yourself out.

Comment

• Could the story be a giant plant to smoke ******* and his 'Source'?
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Interesting as well, Rashard Kelly advocating very heavily for Isaac Brown to get the job. He said if you have a coach on the sidelines who lets players express themselves the team will essentially blossom. He mentions Forbes, jans, Heir, and Isaac Brown.

Comment

• Isaac Brown should be a great candidate. GM has several assistants that have gone on to be fine head coaches. And top assistants are always leading candidates for programs. Why would he be any different? Plus he and the other assts are the engine of recruiting, so it would stand to reason that even if GM departs, but the asst's stay, the players will still have the main coach that recruited them on staff to keep that relationship.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Throw another very interesting name in the ring:

Wichita native and NBA Champion Adrian Griffin, current assistant coach with the Toronto Raptors, has a strong interest in returning home if the WSU job becomes available.

“I really want this job!”

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          Throw another very interesting name in the ring:

Wichita native and NBA Champion Adrian Griffin, current assistant coach with the Toronto Raptors, has a strong interest in returning home if the WSU job becomes available.

“I really want this job!”
                          I posted this in the other thread .. but it's kind of a meh to me. Obviously hiring a Wichita person has it's benefits .. hiring a former NBA player and current NBA coach with a ring has it's benefits, but as far as I can tell he does not have HEAD coaching experience. Also first thing on google when I search for him is allegations of abuse from his ex wife from fall 2020 (which may or may not be true .. but also would be a potential hurdle for WSU in it's current situation)

Comment

• Is it weird that ******* has a source to confirm this but Taylor doesn't?

Comment

• I’m surprised at the lack of emotion one way or the other I am experiencing over this news. I don’t however have a lot of confidence in the current university administrative make-up to not **** this up going forward.

Comment

• The perfect candidate will be available, hire Gregg Marshall and give him an 8 year rolling contract and pay the man 4.5 million a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X