2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That would likely put us in 4th or worse position even if we have the best conference record. No thanks.
    Worst case scenario for us for sure.

Comment

• I don't buy the metric traits for one second when it comes to Selection Sunday.

The "committee" is selecting teams the same way they did 35 years ago. I have. No. Doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        According to Joe Lunardi, Shockers would move to “next four out” group with a win on Thursday.

This is why I don’t actively follow bracketology. Hard to take this stuff too seriously.

Unfortunately each network spouts their “expert” like the gospel.
        You mention the name Joe Lunardi.....THAT'S why I don't take bracketology seriously....

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          In a new article for the Eagle, everyone’s favorite AP voter, Jesse Newell, advocates disbanding the selection committee and using the wins above bubble metric to select the bracket.
          Wouldn't that pretty much close the doors to many non pwr5 schools? P5 schools would have many more chances to get those wins than schools who only get a couple games above the bubble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Wouldn't that pretty much close the doors to many non pwr5 schools? P5 schools would have many more chances to get those wins than schools who only get a couple games above the bubble.
            I don’t think so because “the bubble” in the term wins above bubble refers to a hypothetical team that is created by taking the average of all of the bubble teams for the past X number of years. That hypothetical team is then used to calculate an expected win % for each game played in the NCAA. For example, and these are made up numbers for illustration purposes, the wins above bubble metric calculates that the hypothetical team created above is expected to beat Houston today 30% of the time. If WSU wins they get a +0.7 added to their cumulative WAB score. If they lose, -0.3 is subtracted from their WAB score.

At least that’s how I understand the general idea.

Comment

• Wow Joe has us as a friggin’ 13 seed as the AQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                Wow Joe has us as a friggin’ 13 seed as the AQ.
                If that played out there would be one really disappointed 4 seed on the other side. Sheeesh!

Comment

• Palm has WSU in as a #12 seed

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    Palm has WSU in as a #12 seed
                    Automatic Qualifier, I believe.

Comment

• If I heard before the season WSU’s only loses would be to 3 teams who have been ranked or close to ranked all season and 1 other loss on the road to Memphis, I would have thought that would lead being a ranked themselves; let alone being a shoe in for the tourney.

Seems crazy that this season is only good enough for WSU to share a seed line with Colgate, Wright State, and Santa Barbra. Yet, here we are.
                      The Assman

Comment

• The good thing is if WSU can build upon last night win, their resume will only get better and have the chance to move up seed line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          If I heard before the season WSU’s only loses would be to 3 teams who have been ranked or close to ranked all season and 1 other loss on the road to Memphis, I would have thought that would lead being a ranked themselves; let alone being a shoe in for the tourney.

Seems crazy that this season is only good enough for WSU to share a seed line with Colgate, Wright State, and Santa Barbra. Yet, here we are.
                          That is crazy. The question that I have for Joe L. and maybe Palm is why are quality wins (Q1)so important, and bad losses (Q4) so unimportant? That makes no sense. They would point to quality possessions but the question still is unanswered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post

Automatic Qualifier, I believe.
                            I am not sure about that. He previously had WSU as one of the first four out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              The good thing is if WSU can build upon last night win, their resume will only get better and have the chance to move up seed line.
                              This is the HOPE. Was the team last night, the real team? We have been decent this year, but not as good as we are capable in my opinion. We've been inconsistent offensively, defensively, and with our rebounding too. Shooting may come and go, but defense, and rebounding shouldn't. And running good offense, even when not shooting well should be more consistent too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I am not sure about that. He previously had WSU as one of the first four out.
                                They're a 12 seed below the cutline.

Comment

Working...
                                X